12Next >
15464 47 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
squandre
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi,

I have a Lilliput external monitor that I thought would be excellent to use now that manual focus pulling is possible with the Ronin S.

However...

If I want to use the focus pulling, I have to switch from the MCC-multi cable to one of the USB ones.

Unfortunately, if I do that, external monitoring is no longer possible.

Which is kind of crucial when focusing manually...

So:

• Is there currently a fix for this?
  • Are there monitors that DO work with the MCC-C or MCC-B cable?
  • Will either the multi-cable allow manual focus at some point or will the USB ones allow external monitoring at some point? OR will we have to buy another cable...

2019-3-28
Use props
squandre
lvl.2
Belgium

Using a Sony A7III btw
2019-3-28
Use props
PUShAUNE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327264 ft
  • >>>
France

I have the same issue.
I use the Nikon Z6 with a Feelworld FW279S external monitor.
When I switch to photo display mode, I can see the video on the external screen.
When I am in the menu, I can check them on the external screen.

But when I use video display, I got a message: no input -_-
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PUShAUNE Posted at 3-29 11:57
I have the same issue.
I use the Nikon Z6 with a Feelworld FW279S external monitor.
When I switch to photo display mode, I can see the video on the external screen.

Hi PUShAUNE, when connecting Nikon Z6 via an MCC-C multifunctional camera control cable, and connecting the Nikon Z6 with a monitor via an HDMI cable, there will be no image showing on the monitor. Currently, our engineers are working on it, and this issue will be fixed by a firmware update. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi squandre, before answering the questions in the thread, may I verify if the external monitor works with MCC-multi cable connected?
2019-3-30
Use props
squandre
lvl.2
Belgium

I can confirm the MCC multi cable and the external monitor work together properly.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

squandre Posted at 3-30 08:44
I can confirm the MCC multi cable and the external monitor work together properly.

Thanks for your confirmation, we have verified with our engineers that when connecting to the USB cable, the camera will enter PC mode, which doesn't support dual output. It is the limitation of Sony, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-3
Use props
aflight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459367 ft
United Kingdom

Since the new firmware Nikon Z7 and Rinin S (S Stands for S.H.I.T.E) can no longer be used with the an external Monitor ( Atomos V) Come on DJI ! Your supposed to be adding new features, not taking them away.
2019-4-6
Use props
aflight
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Forgot to add that when you go to a film shoot, you don't expect to loose features after the firmware update as has happened here. The shoot went terribly as no focus pulling on the ronin! It has cost me money and wasted much of my time! As DJI has completely misled customers with the shameful App for the Ronin S and also Lied to customers, what is going to be done about it???
2019-4-6
Use props
squandre
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-3 00:38
Thanks for your confirmation, we have verified with our engineers that when connecting to the USB cable, the camera will enter PC mode, which doesn't support dual output. It is the limitation of Sony, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for the update. It's a shame but I will manage.

As long as the half-press to focus function returns soon, I'll be good!
2019-4-7
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI, if you make the Multi-Cable works with the Focus, all the problems with Sony will disappear. The USB-C cable disable the HDMi output and the Steady Shot because it must use the PC connection. With the Multi-Cable we can have these features because it's not PC connection, but the Focus Pull doesn't work.

So DJI, if you make the Focus Pull works on the Multi-Cable, I'll be happy to buy this cable again (I broke my old cable).
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

squandre Posted at 4-7 14:07
Thanks for the update. It's a shame but I will manage.

As long as the half-press to focus function returns soon, I'll be good!

Hi squandre, thanks for your understanding, we have tested the Sony A7III that the Auto-focus works fine, may I verify under which mode that half-pressing the record button is not working?
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aflight Posted at 4-6 04:15
Forgot to add that when you go to a film shoot, you don't expect to loose features after the firmware update as has happened here. The shoot went terribly as no focus pulling on the ronin! It has cost me money and wasted much of my time! As DJI has completely misled customers with the shameful App for the Ronin S and also Lied to customers, what is going to be done about it???

Hi aflight, for the HDMI issue of Nikon Z7, could you please share us a short video of the issue with the camera model included so that we can forward to our engineer for further verification? Pulling focus is available for Nikon Z7, may we have more details of this problem? A short video would be much appreciated.
2019-4-9
Use props
Kenzo0013
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17510 ft
  • >>>
France

More seriously Dji Admin, stop turning in circles!
we all have the same problem with all DSLR devices.

Two video streams are possible for each device. By connecting your MCC-C cable, the screen of my GH5 Panasonic disappears while I need the information displayed on the PANASONIC!

it is because of your RONIN UPDATE that caused this problem.
You have removed this feature yet crucial !!!

It's theft for customers to sell a device with less features !!

So put the function and terrify the video stream of Ronin S, it is useless!

I use a FEELWORLD and it worked very well before updating the RONIN S !!!

I am creating a FACEBOOK group to lodge a complaint against DJI to quickly improve this problem!

Come to RONIN S FRANCE facebook! +1000 members

I hope Dji that you will listen to your customers because without us, you would not exist!
2019-4-9
Use props
aflight
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,

Has DJI received any legal action over the Ronin S yet?

Anyway as I said earlier nothing now works on the Ronin S after the recent firmware update 2 weeks ago.

Please could you explain how this happened and also what DJI is doing to add new features and not take existing ones away?

Please find the video demonstration you requested below.

2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aflight Posted at 4-16 08:37
Hi Mindy,

Has DJI received any legal action over the Ronin S yet?

Much appreciated for the video, please reply to my posts directly, then I can get the notification and reply timely.
I have verified with our engineers, only Nikon Z6 has the HDMI issue instead of Nikon Z7, therefore, we would like to verify again the specific firmware version of your Ronin-S, the firmware version of your camera, the model of your lens.
For the pulling focus, please make sure the lens focus mode is M/A, the camera focus mode is set to AF, we have added five-speed settings of focus for Nikon cameras, did you try to set a higher speed to see if there is a response? Thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
aflight
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello Mindy,

Firmware: v1.8.0.70.
Nikon z7 firmware v1.03
Lens Nikkor 35mm 1.8 S
Pulling focus doesn’t work at all even with those settings. It used to work but since the most recent FW release nothing works!
Can I ask another question, why do DJI staff not like to respond to all questions?
Also the support people have expressed there gratitude for my patience during this inconvenience.
What DJI have done and continue to do with the Ronin, S it’s corresponding app breaches a citizens statutory rights and therefore any contract or terms of sale.
To call it an inconvenience is an understatement to say the least. DJI have mis led customers, mis sold this unreliable and faulty / unsupported device and say only sorry a refund can’t be issued because 30 days have passed.

I can’t get a repair, I can’t get a refund, and a replacement will be just the same. So I wanto know what do you expect us to do?????

I got the Ronin S as a professional tool. I can not use it now. This means what I am able to offer clients is very restricted and all I am told is sorry, you can’t get a refund.

The worst support and terrible customer experience I have had. DJI what are you doing about this.

2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_dbQ0M8XRPFGX
lvl.1
Germany

I've got the same problem wit my Nikon Z6 in videomode. In the fotomode everything works well. But in videomode my external monitor (Feelworld FW279S) shows me no picture, if both cables are in the camera. Please, wenn will DJI update this?
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

aflight Posted at 4-23 15:13
Hello Mindy,

Firmware: v1.8.0.70.

Hi aflight, please reply to one of my posts so that I can get the notification and reply timely.
If the issue happens after V1.8.0.70, did you downgrade to the previous firmware to check if these two issues remain? I would also like to verify if the settings are correct since we cannot check it from the video. Besides the pulling focus, can you capture photos and start/stop recording video and trigger autofocus via the Ronin-S? GTScreenshot_20190426_145021.png
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our support team, there may be some misunderstandings, I believe they would like to do their best to help you out. For the technical problems, I will keep following up. Looking forward to your update.
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_dbQ0M8XRPFGX Posted at 4-25 08:48
I've got the same problem wit my Nikon Z6 in videomode. In the fotomode everything works well. But in videomode my external monitor (Feelworld FW279S) shows me no picture, if both cables are in the camera. Please, wenn will DJI update this?

Hi there, when connecting Nikon Z6 via an MCC-C cable, and connecting the Nikon Z6 with a monitor via an HDMI cable, there may be no image showing on the monitor. Currently, our engineers are working on it, and this issue will be fixed via a future firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.
2019-4-25
Use props
w.maatman
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, yesterday bought Ronin-S to use with my Sony A7S II.
Update Ronin firmware.
Today struggling to use my APUTURE monitor.
If I push the record button on my Ronin, both my screens [A7S II and Apurture] turn to BLACK during recording. Haha wtf is this?
I was happy, but now little frustrated because of this. Cost me a whole day to look around to solve this.
If I bought a thing like this I want to get satisfaction and not the opposite of this feeling.
2019-4-27
Use props
squandre
lvl.2
Belgium

Hey Mindy,

Could you first explain to me how the half press to auto-focus is supposed to work?

Because with both cables (MCC-C and MCC-multi) I have the exact same result:

• When I put my camera (Sony A7III) in autofocus, it just focuses automatically continuously, whether I half press the button or not.
  • When I put it in manual focus, half press to autofocus doesn't work.

So I do wonder, how and in what mode I should be able to take advantage of this features? I just don't see it.

Cheers
2019-4-30
Use props
phili76
lvl.1
Austria

On my Z6 to get focus pulling to work I have to switch to AF-S or AF-C. But then Focus Peaking won´t work which is needed to get manual focus accurate. It´s really a pita to see other companies doing it right and I have to wait for some firmware update to get it working...
2019-5-1
Use props
djiuser_dbQ0M8XRPFGX
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, I'm still waiting. Do you know more, until when the update comes?
2019-5-4
Use props
w.maatman
lvl.1
Netherlands

I'm still waiting to use my Ronin-S.
I didn't receive any information, I don't want to read all kinds of posts.
I want strait information how to use my A7S II and A7III + monitor in combination with my Ronin-S.
Simple question.
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

w.maatman Posted at 5-4 23:15
I'm still waiting to use my Ronin-S.
I didn't receive any information, I don't want to read all kinds of posts.
I want strait information how to use my A7S II and A7III + monitor in combination with my Ronin-S.

Hi w.maatman, for Sony cameras, when connecting to the external monitor via the MCC-C cable, the camera will enter PC mode and doesn't support dual output, it is the limitation of Sony cameras, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Do you have the same issue with A7S II? If yes, which cable are you using?
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_dbQ0M8XRPFGX Posted at 5-4 08:43
Hello, I'm still waiting. Do you know more, until when the update comes?

Hi there, our engineers are still working on it, we haven't received the estimated release date, please note our website of the future update, thank you.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

phili76 Posted at 5-1 05:48
On my Z6 to get focus pulling to work I have to switch to AF-S or AF-C. But then Focus Peaking won´t work which is needed to get manual focus accurate. It´s really a pita to see other companies doing it right and I have to wait for some firmware update to get it working...

Hi phili76, to pull focus with Ronin-S on Nikon Z6, we just need to set the lens focus mode to M/A, and make sure the camera focus mode is AF, if there is no luck, any chance to share us a short video so that we can verify with our engineers? Thank you.
2019-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

squandre Posted at 4-30 04:57
Hey Mindy,

Could you first explain to me how the half press to auto-focus is supposed to work?

Sorry for the late response, with the Multi cable, half press the record button on Ronin-S is not available in Manual Focus Mode.
For the MCC-C cable, it should work in MF mode, but the EF lenses are required.
If there is no luck, may I verify if it is work when half pressing the shutter button in your camera?
2019-5-10
Use props
squandre
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 00:33
Sorry for the late response, with the Multi cable, half press the record button on Ronin-S is not available in Manual Focus Mode.
For the MCC-C cable, it should work in MF mode, but the EF lenses are required.
If there is no luck, may I verify if it is work when half pressing the shutter button in your camera?

Hi Mindy,

First of all, EF lenses are for Canon camera's, not Sony... Did you mean E-mount lenses by any chance? If so, I'm using a Tamron 28-75, which is indeed an E-mount lens.

Second, when I set my camera into Manual Focus and half press the shutter button, it does not focus. That is not a feature on the Sony A7III as far as I know.

Yet your release notes state "to use autofocus on the Sony A7M3 and A7R3 cameras, press halfway down on the gimbal’s camera control button.", and you're telling me I need to be in manual focus mode.

This is all very confusing, Mindy. Could you please post step by step instructions on how to actually make this work? You said your engineers confirmed the function but I have yet to see or read how they got it to function...

2019-5-15
Use props
Moremo
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 00:05
Hi there, our engineers are still working on it, we haven't received the estimated release date, please note our website of the future update, thank you.

Hi Mindy,
is there something going on with the firmware update? Im still waiting for more information. I'm a wedding videographer and the season started yet.

Greetings
Moremo
2019-6-2
Use props
LaKarim
New
United States

Hey Everyone,

Have the same issue with a Feelworld F570 monitor I just purchased. Unfortunately, I have to return it now since I can't use the MCC-C focus pulling with the external monitor on my Sony A7III. Is anyone else having the same issue with their Sony camera?

Liam
2019-6-27
Use props
Elliot D
New
United Kingdom

LaKarim Posted at 6-27 15:04
Hey Everyone,

Have the same issue with a Feelworld F570 monitor I just purchased. Unfortunately, I have to return it now since I can't use the MCC-C focus pulling with the external monitor on my Sony A7III. Is anyone else having the same issue with their Sony camera?

Hi - Yes, almost exactly the same.

I am using a Sony A7 iii with a DJI Roni S gimbal, which is great and now works with the gimbal's manual follow focus feature, however, when connected to the gimbal the camera does not output to my Feelworld Master MA6P external "5.5 monitor - which is frustrating as it's vital to be able to see through the monitor whilst manual focusing.
I can't work out if it's Sony or DJI's problem...
2019-7-29
Use props
Audiomoe
lvl.1

Elliot D Posted at 7-29 06:08
Hi - Yes, almost exactly the same.

I am using a Sony A7 iii with a DJI Roni S gimbal, which is great and now works with the gimbal's manual follow focus feature, however, when connected to the gimbal the camera does not output to my Feelworld Master MA6P external "5.5 monitor - which is frustrating as it's vital to be able to see through the monitor whilst manual focusing.

Hi there...I’m having the same issue w Sony a7iii and Feelworld external monitor...did you find a fix? Thanks!
2019-9-9
Use props
fanscf6a4134
New

Switzerland

Same here, this thing of ok we give you sony users follow focus but please do it on the small camera screen only is ridiculous.
2019-10-25
Use props
fans30635f90
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2870725 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanscf6a4134 Posted at 2019-10-25 13:51
Same here, this thing of ok we give you sony users follow focus but please do it on the small camera screen only is ridiculous.

Bump. Anyone ever find a solution?
2020-1-8
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-4-25 22:58
Hi there, when connecting Nikon Z6 via an MCC-C cable, and connecting the Nikon Z6 with a monitor via an HDMI cable, there may be no image showing on the monitor. Currently, our engineers are working on it, and this issue will be fixed via a future firmware update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Hi!

Feb-2020 and this is still en issue I have with my GH5+Ninja V+Ronin-SC
2020-2-16
Use props
Sunfish prod.
lvl.1

United States

Still no fix... looks like ill be changing brands!
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_5PNMWycI6sOp
lvl.1

Netherlands

It is very sad to see that there seems to be no fix. I am a happy and heavy user of the Ronin S in combination with the Sony A7III, but there seems to be no way at all to get a simple HDMi output to the SmallHD Focus 7 while also using the Ronin S. As soon as I disable the motors the liveview appears on the SmallHD monitor. When enabling the motors, the screen turns black....

I'm returning the SmallHD Focus 7 monitor for now and probably need to switch from the Ronin S if there is no fix? Reading up on this make it seem that both the way Sony camera's work as well as the way the Ronin S work make it impossible to use a combination of the Ronin S, a Sony camera and any external monitor....

Please reply DJI.
2020-9-18
Use props
fanscc56bc83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10102 ft
  • >>>
United States

SO still no resolution with this?! Has there been an updated firmware?  Do I need to get a different gimbal and return the RoninS?  Does the Ronin S2 have the same issue? I have an a7iii.... Does the a7iv do this to? Need to know so I can get my money back before times up!

Thanks
2020-12-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules