Trojan in Flight simulator and Assistant
4574 16 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Downloaded upgrade 2.2.0.0 of DJI Flight Simulator in the program when it told me there was an upgrade from version 2.1.0.3 that I had. After download I get an Error message and Windows Defender tells me hat I have got an Virus: Trojan:Win32/pevdo.B
It is now not possible to update DJI Flight Simulator. I only get an error warning.

So then try to open DJI Assistant, but i am told by a warning that this app is blocked for use. Probably by Windows Defender.

So no neither DJI Assistant or DJI Flight Simulator works anymore.

What to do?..and is it a virus/Trojan or not?
error.png
2019-3-28
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Trojan in Flight simulator and Assistant

Downloaded upgrade 2.2.0.0 of DJI Flight Simulator in the program when it told me there was an upgrade from version 2.1.0.3 that I had. After download I get an Error message and Windows Defender tells me hat I have got an Virus: Trojan:Win32/pevdo.B
It is now not possible to update DJI Flight Simulator. I only get an error warning.

So then try to open DJI Assistant, but i am told by a warning that this app is blocked for use. Probably by Windows Defender.

So no neither DJI Assistant or DJI Flight Simulator works anymore.

What to do?..and is it a virus/Trojan or not?
error.png
2019-3-28
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Looks that I got DJI Assistant back by downloding DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.7 from DJI website. Thats good...
2019-3-28
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

Looks that I got DJI Assistant back by downloding DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.7 from DJI website. Thats good...
2019-3-28
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

The problem looks to be in the DJI Flight Simulator files: tried to dowload DJI Flight Simulator 2019-03-14 from DJI website and got the same warning aboout Trojan.
2019-3-28
Use props
oddman
lvl.1
Norway

The problem looks to be in the DJI Flight Simulator files: tried to dowload DJI Flight Simulator 2019-03-14 from DJI website and got the same warning aboout Trojan.
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that nothing for you to worry about since The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. As long as the Software is from our website nothing for you to worry about. Best regards!
2019-3-28
Use props
IPGP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434852 ft

France

I just downloaded latest DJI Flight simulator. After installation Windows found a Trojan WIN32/Occamy.C
What can I do ? Can you check your software ? trojan.jpg
2019-4-11
Use props
DieselSLC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10804 ft

United States

I am having the same problem with this software.
2019-4-15
Use props
DieselSLC
lvl.2

United States

There is a pattern developing from your software releases DJI
https://www.virustotal.com/#/fil ... 5f3844fe1/detection
2019-4-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DieselSLC Posted at 4-15 19:20
There is a pattern developing from your software releases DJI
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/73d3b07fb3a193ff1d1452be9fb40720863e669c9db30c383a6895e5f3844fe1/detection

Not saying to ignore Virus warnings, but possibility of False Positives.  Believe the results need to be verified by experts, for two reasons:
1) Only 6 out of 63 indicated a Virus.
2) All 6 indicated a different Virus.  Should have been some commonality.

Given a False Positive is bad, does that make a True Negative good?  
2019-4-15
Use props
DieselSLC
lvl.2

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-15 19:55
Not saying to ignore Virus warnings, but possibility of False Positives.  Believe the results need to be verified by experts, for two reasons:
1) Only 6 out of 63 indicated a Virus.
2) All 6 indicated a different Virus.  Should have been some commonality.

Thanks for the reply. You make some great points. I am no expert, and have no idea how to determine if its false. To me its un-nerving that every one of the last three version releases of this software sound all kinds of Trojan/Virus warnings. If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.  
2019-4-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DieselSLC Posted at 4-17 19:30
Thanks for the reply. You make some great points. I am no expert, and have no idea how to determine if its false. To me its un-nerving that every one of the last three version releases of this software sound all kinds of Trojan/Virus warnings. If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.

If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.  

(Worth emphasis and repeating.)
2019-4-17
Use props
djiuser_zl8rNnnemJlH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143284 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-17 20:28
If DJI is aware this is happening, an official post and explanation would go a long way.  

(Worth emphasis and repeating.)

Here in AMERICA, there is a warning against downloading or purchasing DJI equipment/software since its from China. Seems the errors you are receiving may not be false positives. Indeed a Chinese company now has access toy our computer and hardware and I wouldn't doubt that they have actually installed a trojan virus.

BE WEARY!
Chrome WARNED ME, Not to download the program and it seems Windows is also recognizing this, so indeed DO NOT DOWNLOAD it until more is known and this is addressed.
2019-6-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zl8rNnnemJlH Posted at 6-6 23:26
Here in AMERICA, there is a warning against downloading or purchasing DJI equipment/software since its from China. Seems the errors you are receiving may not be false positives. Indeed a Chinese company now has access toy our computer and hardware and I wouldn't doubt that they have actually installed a trojan virus.

BE WEARY!

"BE WEARY!"

After reading your post I am, believe me, very much so.

There is also a warning from your president that all news media is not to be believed, personally I take that as a "false positive".

2019-6-7
Use props
Jgreg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20833 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-7 04:49
"BE WEARY!"

After reading your post I am, believe me, very much so.

someone please show me where i can download  the p3a flight simulator
2019-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgreg Posted at 6-18 17:22
someone please show me where i can download  the p3a flight simulator

Here you go:-

https://www.dji.com/uk/simulator/info

This works with my P4 RC which is model GL300C, I've read that this might also with the P3A RC, although P3A is not listed on that page. (The P3 & P4 RCs were interchangable at one point as both used 'lightbridge' protocol for communication).

Have a read through this other post https://forum.dji.com/thread-171081-1-1.html

Remote Controllers Supported

Mavic Series
Mavic 2 Enterprise
Mavic Air
Mavic 2
DJI Smart Controller
Phantom 4 Series
Phantom 4
Phantom 4 Advanced
Phantom 4 Pro
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
Matrice Series