Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New iPad mini released
529 6 3-28 05:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone34
First Officer
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

Just noticed that Apple has a new IPad Mini out with an A12 Bionic chipset.  I have been using a Mini2 and hesitated upgrading to the Mini4 because the rumor was that Apple might update the Mini and now it appears they have.  Will DJI test it to put it on their approved list?  Has anyone got one and tried it.  It's size, for me at least, is perfect for flying.
3-28 05:44
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, we haven't received feedback about this said new device that has been released by Apple, however, we will consider this as a  suggestion and forward this into our designated department for consideration. Thank you for continued support.
3-28 08:10
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.3
New Zealand

I just bought the iPad mini 5 and it works just fine with my air. Only issue I have is the iPad mini 5 is so thin that it keeps slipping out of the controller, some tape and cardboard so fixed the problem albeit a bit ugly.
5-3 01:31
Use props
Drone34
First Officer
United States

fans1b839f0c Posted at 5-3 01:31
I just bought the iPad mini 5 and it works just fine with my air. Only issue I have is the iPad mini 5 is so thin that it keeps slipping out of the controller, some tape and cardboard so fixed the problem albeit a bit ugly.

Good to know.  Did you get the WIFI only model or with cellular?
5-3 03:19
Use props
fans1b839f0c
lvl.3
New Zealand

Wifi only, bought it mainly to load chart apps for my yacht. Big improvement on my old iPad 2. It’s just sooo thin.
5-4 11:04
Use props
Drone34
First Officer
United States

I am still not seeing the new iPad mini (sometimes called the Mini 5) on the approved compatible devices list.  Admins, have you tested one yet?
7-3 12:45
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Drone34 Posted at 7-3 12:45
I am still not seeing the new iPad mini (sometimes called the Mini 5) on the approved compatible devices list.  Admins, have you tested one yet?

It works on the Mavic Air, so I'd say yes, it works on all Mavic's.
7-3 14:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules