Gimbal Wheel suddenly now YAWS camera left/right!
1472 3 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Took the Phantom 4 out today and for some reason the gimbal wheel has suddenly started yawwing the camera left/right instead of up/down!
I have tried fixing by going to the Go4 app and looking for the Gimbal Pitch/Yaw setting under the controller settings for C1 & C2 but it's not there (yes I have scrolled through all the options)
I'd been flying the Mavic Pro Platinum just beforehand with the Go4 app and the gimbal wheel was responding as it should by tilting up/down. Changed to the Phantom and it yaws the camera left/right. Back to the Mavic PP and it tilts up/down, so I'm assuming this is most likely to be an error with the Phantom as opposed to the Go4 app.
Just tried reflashing the firmware on the Phantom but that hasn't changed anything and it still yaws the camera left/right instead of tilting it up/down.
Wondering if anyone has had this happen to them and knows of a fix?
2019-3-28
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try this:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1288576
2019-3-28
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 3-28 08:11
Try this:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=142889&page=1#pid1288576

Thanks msinger but I've done it.
I remembered that the last time I used the Phantom it was with Litchi, and I had the Gimbal Pitch/Yaw set to Long Press C2. I must've hit it whilst powering off the last time I used it. D'OH!
I'm surprised that DJI did away with the Gimbal Pitch/Yaw setting in the latest Go4 app. Good job that Litchi still has it otherwise I'd be stuffed!!
It seems that Litchi has kept quite a few settings that Go4 has now made obsolete.
Well, I'll leave this post here in case anyone suffers the same thing.
2019-3-28
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing! I have Litchi and never noticed that setting.

Litchi-Gimbal-Pitch-Yaw.jpg
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules