Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When a warranty is not a warranty?
1073 6 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Image Amo
Flight distance : 383002 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Folks

Has anyone had repair experience of their controller? I have recently suffered the dreaded micro-USB port failure on my 11 month old Mavic Air Controller. It had never been abused and I'd always been careful to insert the c-microusb adapter logo forward to avoid damage. I opened a case and shipped my controller to the Netherlands (I'm in Scotland) for assessment. Although still in Warranty, my case has been labelled 'No Warranty' and DJI want 103 Euros to repair and ship back to me

:-0

The part on my repair quote is only 6 Euros, but labour is 50 Euro and shipping is 30 Euro (I really had to swallow hard on that last bit). I'm very disappointed at this, particularly as the failure is wholly down to the very poor design of this port as many users on here have highlighted.  

Has anyone else been refused a free repair of this port whilst in Warranty?
2019-3-28
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Do not have such experience. But fully agree with you that USB connector on Mavic series controllers is not well designed. Despite it's wrong shape itself which allows you to plug cable in other direction it is not installed and enforced properly to avoid failures from connecting and disconnecting cables.
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Image Amo, we are so sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided in your case, your frustration will be escalated to the higher level team to look into, we will have someone to contact you of the further resolution, please wait patiently, thanks.
2019-3-28
Use props
Image Amo
Flight distance : 383002 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 22:32
Hi Image Amo, we are so sorry that the warranty service cannot be provided in your case, your frustration will be escalated to the higher level team to look into, we will have someone to contact you of the further resolution, please wait patiently, thanks.

Thank you for responding Mindy.

Your colleagues have indeed been in touch. I am satisfied with their explanation and justification for the charge. That being there is no way to cheaply access/replace the faulty micro usb port, instead dismantle the controller and replace an entire board to which the port is attached. Warranty does not apply as apparently I have damaged the port (albeit I maintain I have no recollection of doing so).

Like many others, I remain disappointed at having to pay for something which is clearly poor design.
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Image Amo Posted at 3-29 04:19
Thank you for responding Mindy.

Your colleagues have indeed been in touch. I am satisfied with their explanation and justification for the charge. That being there is no way to cheaply access/replace the faulty micro usb port, instead dismantle the controller and replace an entire board to which the port is attached. Warranty does not apply as apparently I have damaged the port (albeit I maintain I have no recollection of doing so).

We apologize again for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding, the RC is under the repair/replacement process, hope you will get it back as soon as possible.
2019-3-29
Use props
pelys
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hello,

I faced exactly the same problem with the exception that the port has failed AFTER ONE USE only. I came back with the remote control to the local DJI dealer who sold it to me. They indicated that the warranty does not apply because of a wrong use !!!!! Even worse, the local dealer proposed to fix it with one technician. After a few days, they admitted that they actually damaged the port further. The dealer also told me that the remote control cannot be sold separately.

I am new to drones and the Mavic Air was my first ever purchased drone. I have flown it twice since I bought it in march. Does anyone expect to be able to use any device only twice before having to buy a complete set again? I sincerely hope DJI will consider the situation and find some way out.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pelys Posted at 4-3 04:25
Hello,

I faced exactly the same problem with the exception that the port has failed AFTER ONE USE only. I came back with the remote control to the local DJI dealer who sold it to me. They indicated that the warranty does not apply because of a wrong use !!!!! Even worse, the local dealer proposed to fix it with one technician. After a few days, they admitted that they actually damaged the port further. The dealer also told me that the remote control cannot be sold separately.

Hi pelys, we are sorry for what happened, Diana has replied your own thread and will keep following up, please keep us updated in your thread, thank you.
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules