Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#Dronestrategy - Winner announcement!
38263 229 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Replies reward 3556 Points Reply to this post for a chance to win 4 Points! Each person is 2 times
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Replies reward +4 Points

DJI Panda Posted at 3-31 18:26
Nice! Very looking forward to your strategy for Italy.

thank you so much for your consideration
I'm working hard to shooting some clip with my drone ... yuppieees yeee
but at the same time , I'm trying to do my best with this so interesting contest
I need just a little bit time ...
thanks again DJI Panda for your infinite support here

this is just a picture preview DJI Women Photographer .jpeg

hope you will  like
2019-4-1
Use props
Ken Storm
First Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +4 Points

UK Strategy will change come November.. I believe we will have to register and label our drones.
2019-4-1
Use props
VCD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3599 ft

Norway

Replies reward +4 Points

Ok this message have nothing to do here but I'm desperate. I'm a DJI Customer, I just want help because I lost my drone due to a issue from the drone. I can't even create a new thread EVEN IF I have 10 points. I JUST WANT TO CREATE A THREAD TO GET HELP !!!! I paid 500 euros and can't even post a message here to get attention to my problem ?????!!!!! Please if you are an admin contact me I'm about to lose my nerves.
2019-4-1
Use props
Gabo Guevara
New

Ecuador

Replies reward +4 Points

Ecuador News a DJI STORE !
2019-4-1
Use props
djiuser_hzMe8jPUlMz9
New

United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Find a good location and make sure that there are not a lot of people and don’t fly over people. I would recommend flying over water. I take off from a school playground
2019-4-1
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

Replies reward +4 Points

I shall consider entering
2019-4-1
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

ParideM Posted at 3-31 07:37
Great! Just posted mine for Switzerland ;-) https://forum.dji.com/thread-185241-1-1.html

I’ve been looking for this information about Switzerland   
2019-4-1
Use props
djiuser_OVzlKz06d4Dg
lvl.1

United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Not sure how to sign up
2019-4-1
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 3-29 07:18
well , looks like this will be very useful for everyone
thanks DJI Grace to give us this inspirational thread
I going to write my drone flight application strategy for Italy law area

Do you think the rules will be better or worse?
2019-4-1
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

You have to submit an entry!
2019-4-1
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

Replies reward +4 Points

Fantastic !
2019-4-2
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 4-1 23:56
Do you think the rules will be better or worse?

a change always scares ...
I am also a little scared by the change in the rules
I have already spent a lot of money, 4 drones, certificates and licenses that will soon be devalued ...
at the same time I am aware that technology also means continuous and rapid development ... progress ...
so, I am convinced that these new rules, will give a strong push to the drone market and will open new scenarios, where it will be possible to grow again ...
the new rules will allow you to fly in areas that have been banned so far ...
the new drones are and will always be safer and more autonomous ...
this will allow more people to use it, but at the same time will not be able to cancel the experiences and professionalism of those who already work in this sector.

Alex
AirButterflyDrone.com
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 4-1 06:07
but at the same time , I'm trying to do my best with this so interesting contest

Nice shot! Thanks, AirButterfluDrone.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Replies reward +4 Points

VCD Posted at 4-1 07:36
Ok this message have nothing to do here but I'm desperate. I'm a DJI Customer, I just want help because I lost my drone due to a issue from the drone. I can't even create a new thread EVEN IF I have 10 points. I JUST WANT TO CREATE A THREAD TO GET HELP !!!! I paid 500 euros and can't even post a message here to get attention to my problem ?????!!!!! Please if you are an admin contact me I'm about to lose my nerves.

Hi VCD, we're sorry for your loss and the inconvenience caused. Please kindly contact our support here and report the accident: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.

Regarding create a new post, you may refer to this link: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165421-1-1.html
2019-4-2
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Panda Posted at 4-2 01:45
Nice shot! Thanks, AirButterfluDrone.

I glad you liked it
thanks DJI Panda
2019-4-2
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Waiting for other strategies
2019-4-2
Use props
ParideM
Captain
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just posted my strategy for France Too! France Strategy
2019-4-2
Use props
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Replies reward +4 Points

Some great entries already, good luck to everyone who's entering
2019-4-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +4 Points

That's a great shot
2019-4-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Replies reward +4 Points

ParideM Posted at 3-31 07:37
Great! Just posted mine for Switzerland ;-) https://forum.dji.com/thread-185241-1-1.html

Great thread - thanks for sharing
2019-4-3
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

A J Posted at 4-3 00:22
That's a great shot

many many thanks ...
I'm happy you liked it
2019-4-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 4-3 01:13
many many thanks ...
I'm happy you liked it

You're very welcome mate
2019-4-3
Use props
Klaus W.
Captain
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Replies reward +4 Points

Would be nice if DJI provided that information instead of letting thousands of DJI drone users figure it out on their own...
2019-4-3
Use props
Mountaindrone
Captain
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Replies reward +4 Points

very good contest !
2019-4-3
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Interesting contest, I have a few ideas I'm considering for my entry!
2019-4-4
Use props
ParideM
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Just posted my strategy for Spain https://forum.dji.com/thread-185630-1-1.html
2019-4-5
Use props
Mkurr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1605564 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

What about Russian Drone laws?
2019-4-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Great contest and prizes
2019-4-7
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Replies reward +4 Points

Amershaman Posted at 3-30 10:06
I am travelling to Greece in September - to Santorini, where drone filming would be fantastic.  But from my preliminary research it seems that the regulations for flying in Greece are prohibitive.  Do you really have to register a flight plan with the local police and show them that you have a 'licence qualification' to fly? It's a drone not a light aircraft. ?  I would love to hear what are the realities from someone local

Hi.  I've been to and flown in  and across Greece many times (including Santorini ).  Greece in general, is not prohibitive at all- in fact their regulations are very 'friendly'.  FYI, the people and police are very chill as well.  Santorini is spectacular with a drone.  Last time I flew was in Aug of 2017.   However, most of the Island is restricted airspace as of I believe Jan 1, 2018.  Up until then, most of the island outside of the one airport's exclusion zone was open to drone operations.  They expanded the controlled airspace to include ALL of the town of OIA (the farthest town, on the west/aka sunset side).  Prior to this much of OIA was an NFZ-- except the corner, most populated / picturesque ).  It is all NFZ now.  Even prior to this, you can see "NO Drone Zone" sign in several places in OIA...these were not official/legal.  To fly there you should/must be highly respecting everyone's use/enjoyment, and fly far away from people and don't be a bother by flying over properties...stick to flying 'over-the-crater's edge'- the vids are best there anyways.  There are 2 heliports as well, one near OIA, the other on the opposite side of the island.  I'm certain they extended their NFZ to blanket all of OIA because of the frequent heli-tours that fly over the far corner of OIA.  Incidentally, none of these pilots obey Greece aviation regulations....they fly well under the ceiling limit.  Not many laws are followed as they should in Greece.  Their regulations do require permission from the airport as you say...however I doubt they have their systems/process active to even provide this; this lack of system/organization is 'typical Greece'.  There is one far corner in the East that is outside of NFZ space- at least last time I consulted their airmaps.   Many islands such as Santorini are by nature NFZ's entirely these days.  Don't fret this too much...Santorini is spectacular and even without a drone you will be able to get 'drone-like' aerial pics/vids!!!  I'm leaving out bits of detail of course...feel free to PM me if you want any other info about Santorini.  BTW...the rest of greece is super for drone flights, it ranks as one of my favorites.
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ParideM Posted at 4-2 07:54
Just posted my strategy for France Too! France Strategy

Amazing one!
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Illuminations Posted at 4-4 08:02
Interesting contest, I have a few ideas I'm considering for my entry!

Waiting for it!
2019-4-7
Use props
pianoplayer7
First Officer
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Wow, awesome contest!
2019-4-8
Use props
pianoplayer7
First Officer
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

I might enter soon. I have a great idea already
2019-4-8
Use props
Amershaman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12822 ft
United Kingdom

Replies reward +4 Points

randy.sauder Posted at 4-7 14:41
Hi.  I've been to and flown in  and across Greece many times (including Santorini ).  Greece in general, is not prohibitive at all- in fact their regulations are very 'friendly'.  FYI, the people and police are very chill as well.  Santorini is spectacular with a drone.  Last time I flew was in Aug of 2017.   However, most of the Island is restricted airspace as of I believe Jan 1, 2018.  Up until then, most of the island outside of the one airport's exclusion zone was open to drone operations.  They expanded the controlled airspace to include ALL of the town of OIA (the farthest town, on the west/aka sunset side).  Prior to this much of OIA was an NFZ-- except the corner, most populated / picturesque ).  It is all NFZ now.  Even prior to this, you can see "NO Drone Zone" sign in several places in OIA...these were not official/legal.  To fly there you should/must be highly respecting everyone's use/enjoyment, and fly far away from people and don't be a bother by flying over properties...stick to flying 'over-the-crater's edge'- the vids are best there anyways.  There are 2 heliports as well, one near OIA, the other on the opposite side of the island.  I'm certain they extended their NFZ to blanket all of OIA because of the frequent heli-tours that fly over the far corner of OIA.  Incidentally, none of these pilots obey Greece aviation regulations....they fly well under the ceiling limit.  Not many laws are followed as they should in Greece.  Their regulations do require permission from the airport as you say...however I doubt they have their systems/process active to even provide this; this lack of system/organization is 'typical Greece'.  There is one far corner in the East that is outside of NFZ space- at least last time I consulted their airmaps.   Many islands such as Santorini are by nature NFZ's entirely these days.  Don't fret this too much...Santorini is spectacular and even without a drone you will be able to get 'drone-like' aerial pics/vids!!!  I'm leaving out bits of detail of course...feel free to PM me if you want any other info about Santorini.  BTW...the rest of greece is super for drone flights, it ranks as one of my favorites.

Hi Randy.  Thanks for all the very useful information.  I kind of figured that Greece would have a fairly laid back approach to enforcement, and was thinking to take my drone along and 'see how it felt' (e.g. talk to the hotel owner, see if anyone else is flying. etc.). But what you say about the expansion of the airport NFZ to cover nearly all of Santorini really puts the lid on it.  I think now I'll leave the drone at home and just enjoy the views and the local wine a bit more :-)
2019-4-8
Use props
randy.sauder
First Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Replies reward +4 Points

Amershaman Posted at 4-8 08:40
Hi Randy.  Thanks for all the very useful information.  I kind of figured that Greece would have a fairly laid back approach to enforcement, and was thinking to take my drone along and 'see how it felt' (e.g. talk to the hotel owner, see if anyone else is flying. etc.). But what you say about the expansion of the airport NFZ to cover nearly all of Santorini really puts the lid on it.  I think now I'll leave the drone at home and just enjoy the views and the local wine a bit more :-)

Ya it's a shame they don't use rectangular control zones (as many jurisdictions do) for airports vs the circular zone.  The airport in Santorini has very limited flight paths so it's a shame they block nearly the entire island...airplanes are never present (or seen) anywhere near where the actual population centers are and there is no reason for a drone operator to even want to fly anywhere near the airport side.  I'd still bring your drone...there is a small section of island in the south tip that is open for flight.  General rule for Greece is to keep your bird within 50m of you and there are very little restrictions this way (assuming your are flying under 1kg (Mavic or smaller); if you exceed 1kg...then legally you must submit your flight plan and get permission for EVERY flight (using a system that is mostly useless and massively confusing fyi).  Make sure you rent a car while you are there to explore...you can get around super easy and there is MUCH to do across the entire (but small) island.  If you want some great tips on where to go, PM me as I've been there maybe 6 or 7 times.
2019-4-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Looking forward to more!
2019-4-9
Use props
Flyingcougar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

Replies reward +4 Points

Just go ahead and give it to Monty!
2019-4-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flyingcougar Posted at 4-9 16:53
Just go ahead and give it to Monty!

Thanks for the kind words FC!
2019-4-9
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice shot
2019-4-10
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

dronespilot Posted at 4-10 05:57
nice shot

Hey ... thanks for your comment
2019-4-10