Micro USB port of the Phantom 4 Pro drone
4459 14 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

What data can the micro USB port transfer in and out of the drone ?
2019-3-28
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

for instance -as per the P4P Pro Manual- you can retrieve all the flight recorder data:
"Flight data is automatically recorded to the internal storage of the aircraft. This includes flight telemetry, aircraft status information, and other parameters. To access this data, connect the aircraft to the PC through the Micro USB Port and launch the DJI Assistant 2."...
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day LxZero. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Antonio76 is correct on post #2 with regards to the usage of the Micro USB port of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro drone. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can see the User Manual for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro. Thank you for your support.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
2019-3-29
Use props
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

thank you for the reply
2019-3-31
Use props
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

can the image and video data transmit out of the micro usb port through 4G mobile network ?
2019-3-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

LxZero Posted at 3-31 18:04
can the image and video data transmit out of the micro usb port through 4G mobile network ?

No, the aircraft has no ability to transmit on cellular frequencies.
2019-3-31
Use props
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

Ok, what if I use a 4G dongle, can the drone establish 4G network by using 4G dongle ?
2019-4-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

LxZero Posted at 4-1 21:22
Ok, what if I use a 4G dongle, can the drone establish 4G network by using 4G dongle ?

No, it has no ability to autonomously export data.
2019-4-1
Use props
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

Thanks, what kind of transmission protocols does the phantom 4 pro allow ? Can the SDK change the RF transmission to 4G network transmission ?
2019-4-2
Use props
Leks056
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486476 ft
Russia

LxZero Posted at 4-2 19:36
Thanks, what kind of transmission protocols does the phantom 4 pro allow ? Can the SDK change the RF transmission to 4G network transmission ?

In my opinion, this is impossible, 1. hardware base 2.Certifcation of frequencies 3.firmware,  etc.
And how do you imagine the data flow in case of network failure/ jamming/ high load ?
Another question is how this would work in places where weak 3g signal is the best signal you have?
2019-4-2
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

LxZero Posted at 4-2 19:36

The transmisssion protocols are listed in the P4P Manual. Have you ever glanced at it?
2019-4-3
Use props
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

Can do programming for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro ?
2019-4-7
Use props
LxZero
lvl.1

Singapore

I am currently working on a project which requires the drone to establish a 4G network, then transmit the image and video data through the 4G network and receive by the laptop to do live streaming. Is it possible to use the 4G dongle to create the transmitter, or is there any other suggestion ?
2019-4-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

LxZero Posted at 4-9 21:54
I am currently working on a project which requires the drone to establish a 4G network, then transmit the image and video data through the 4G network and receive by the laptop to do live streaming. Is it possible to use the 4G dongle to create the transmitter, or is there any other suggestion ?

Why are you bothering? The DJI Go4 app already handles live streaming.
2019-4-9
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

To be able to look at the video feed on an external device or monitor along with the device being used by the RC would be really nice.  But I have barked up this tree before and hit a dead end.  HDMI module apparently will not allow that either.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules