Interference?
480 10 2019-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

Every now and then something is happening and my Drone's camera stops video recording while in flight. Not all the time, just every now and then. It has happened enough that I know the signs when it is going to happen. The picture on my Cell Phone gets wavy, like heat waves for a second and the picture stutters and the Drone may be unresponsive to my control movements for a second. When I look at the camera button it is solid red and I have to tap it to start shooting video again. Also twice when I uploaded the video to my computer one clip was missing. This morning I had numbered clips 273, 275, ..., 274 was missing. This happened one other time.   Anybody know what the problem is?

2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

let me know what device you are using? it is the best first question to get out of the way.
2019-3-28
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Mavic pro, Apple Iphone 7Plus
2019-3-29
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

There have been accusations of the camera on the M2Pro overheating due to the large sensor. Are you flying in high ambient temperatures?
2019-3-29
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Early morning in the Philippines. Low to mid 80 degrees.
2019-3-29
Use props
SH59
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4291 ft

United States

rbtmckny Posted at 3-29 00:37
Early morning in the Philippines. Low to mid 80 degrees.

Is it over the same spot, or does location matter? That would help eliminate something in the area you are flying around or over, and point more toward a device\equipment\heat issue.
2019-3-29
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Different locations
2019-3-29
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is caused by the ribbon cable connection in the gimbal assembly/camera. Once the physical camera disconnects from the drone, it stops recording and sometimes corrupts or doesn't save the media it was previously recording. This also explains the jitter/wave you see when this event occurs.
I would suggest sending it in to DJI to avoid voiding warranty.
2019-3-29
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the input. I fly with a friend who also has a Mavic Pro, this has never happened to him. He mentioned that it may be a loose wire or connection. My camera disconnecting has happened 5 or 6 times since I got the drone. On my last two outings I noticed on playback a jitter/wave as you call it, without the camera disconnecting. I will contact DJI and see what they say.
2019-3-29
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

What SD card are you using? This is the #1 issue with gimbal resets and camera issues. Make sure you are using a compatible (listed) SD card.  I had a Samsung card a year ago and it caused all sorts of issues with gimbal resets... switched to SanDisk and not a single issue.

https://www.mavichelp.com/Mavic-Pro/#MemoryCards
2019-3-30
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Philippines

Yes you may be right. Last Sunday evening I looked at the card that my Mavic came with. It was a 16GB Extreme.  I was using a Scan Disk Ultra 64GB. I replaced the first card because it was too small. The place I bought the replacement card from didn't have Extreme SD Cards, but told me the Ultra would be fine. I Googled SD Cards and found out that Extreme cards are for shooting videos particularly in 4K which I had just changed my camera settings too about six weeks ago. Monday I went to a camera shop and bought a 64GB Scan Disk Extreme SD Card. Flew one battery yesterday and everything went well. Will need more flights to really test, but hopefully this was the problem. Thanks for your input!
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules