Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sudden and sharp camera tilt while flying
1172 5 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madebyvadim
Captain
Flight distance : 2023002 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hello everyone
Does anyone have the same problem as me? - While shooting and flying I experience sudden and sharp camera tilt about 10° down. It happens sporadically and I could not see the pattern of this behavior. Sometimes flying without a problem and then suddenly 1-3 times a flight. Sometimes just once.
Back or forward flying no matter.

I do NOT:

• touch camera controls
  • touch screen
  • program camera in any mode

I do

• simply fly forward or backward
  • speed is not very fast
  • camera position about 0° looking straight forward.
  • I have the previous firmware (today new one released) on Mavic 2 Pro
  • Polar pro filters (sometimes) sometimes just default camera plastic.

Does anyone have the same issue on their Mavic 2 Pros?

Thanks, in advanced!

2019-3-29
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes; see the next post
2019-3-29
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes; I did have/had similar issue.  I found that I was in fact rotating the camera wheel upward too far without realizing it and at a certain point the camera is programmed to re-position itself back to level.  There is some sort of fail safe built into the gimbal to keep it from damaging itself when rotated too far upward at a certain point while flying the aircraft forward.  

I tested this issue while flying the drone close to me and rotating the gimbal upwards while flying forward.  At a certain degree the camera returned to center.  I argued with people on this forum by telling them that the drone was doing it without my me doing anything but after I conducted this test I flew it again and rotated the gimbal upwards to a lesser degree and it did not happen.  You are prone to rotate it too far upwards without realizing it while climbing. It still happens sometimes but I now know how to control it better.  
2019-3-29
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

Oh, thank you.
I appreciate you answer. But the thing is I did not rotate tge camera at all.
I was pointed camera to the exact position I liked (and it was not even close to extreme up or down) it aas about 0-1° abouve horizon. And start to fly fowrard or backward. The camera pointed down suddently. It elimanated your theory that it corrected itself and moved back to default position, because it was not. I had to move it up to 0° again, just to have same issue in a few second once again.

So it might be the case with you but I an afraid mine is different. I will be testing and paying attention more to find a pattern in this behavior (do far I failed to see it)
2019-3-30
Use props
EnricoBrun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

All normal! Topic also discussed by me several times! If you fly with the cam at level 0 (horizontal), accelerate the drone at full throttle (to the back) and then leave the levers, you'll see that your cam jumps to -8 !!! This is because the drone brings the nose down to stop and the cardan mechanism fails to keep the cam so quickly horizontally and for this it jumps much lower!
2019-3-30
Use props
Madebyvadim
Captain
  • >>>
Russia

EnricoBrun Posted at 3-30 16:36
All normal! Topic also discussed by me several times! If you fly with the cam at level 0 (horizontal), accelerate the drone at full throttle (to the back) and then leave the levers, you'll see that your cam jumps to -8 !!! This is because the drone brings the nose down to stop and the cardan mechanism fails to keep the cam so quickly horizontally and for this it jumps much lower!

Thank you. I try to search for the forum before posting. Must have put the wrong search parameters.
Thanks for the explanation. However, I thought I was not g doing full throttle at a time. Must watch closer for the speed. Thanks once again.
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules