Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#WeeklyTopic - What kind of lies have you told about flying drones?
123Next >
12016 81 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

#April Fools day Topic - What kind of lies have you told about flying drones?

Since we have a DJI Drone, we always get outside and take to the sky. It was not until this moment that we discovered how rare it was to have family and friends with common interests and interests. Come to share! What kind of lies have you told about flying drones?

Before 23:59, April 1st(UTC+8), 2019, share your “ What kind of lies have you told about flying drones?” on this thread.
We will pick up five lucky users and send each of them 600 Points!

2019-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is one lie I always tell : it is NOT addictive at all to fly a drone
2019-3-29
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I'm not a person who likes to tell lies ...
but surely I like to joke with people in a positive way ...
about the drone many people are curious, many believe that they can spy on people without being seen ...

when I flew for non-commercial use and sometimes I still tell the curious ... "it's just a toy ..."
2019-3-29
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 3-29 06:13
There is one lie I always tell : it is NOT addictive at all to fly a drone

nice
2019-3-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 3-29 06:37
about the drone many people are curious, many believe that they can spy on people without being seen ...

Hahahahahahaha, nice one!
2019-3-29
Use props
PS013
Captain
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

I have a fairly big bald spot on the top of my head ( and that is an understatement) .  My favorite explanation is  "It was a drone incident" ;)
2019-3-29
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My grandson is convinced there is a little pilot inside our drones and his name is Henry. And if grandad says he's in there......he is.
2019-3-29
Use props
Hartyaj
First Officer
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Australia

I had my drone for about 3 months before I told my partner, every time I mentioned about a drone or wanting one she said that I was a drone. Anyway I put the drone on my backseat waiting for her to go to work and then I was of to the park. Half way to the park and the she rings asking if I’m missing anything and of course I say know, looking around I just say I’m busted. She couldn’t stop laughing , she knew all the time. But know I want to get a osmo pocket I may have to say that I won it in a competition.
2019-3-29
Use props
Toedles
Captain
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

M2Wair Posted at 3-29 14:04
My grandson is convinced there is a little pilot inside our drones and his name is Henry. And if grandad says he's in there......he is.

Hahaha, couldn’t stop laughing, priceless!!!
2019-3-30
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

To my wife: "Honey, I swear it's the last one!"
2019-3-30
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

hahahahahahah nice
2019-3-30
Use props
Flyingcougar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

...only a little white lie, honey it really wasn't that expensive.;-)
2019-3-30
Use props
Pedro Castelani
First Officer

Argentina

Tell them that my drone is really below level, that it´s just a toy; or that it takes a long time to learn to fly a drone (I learnt with a small cheap drone without a manual in like a week). However, I usually don´t meet many people while flying.
The lie that was told to me was that when I was a kid, my parents (who had zero trust in any flying RC system) always said that drones and helicopters usually failed after a short time, that you could never be sure that it could work, and things like that. Of course, once I got a few drones I saw that usually they worked and very rarely didn´t
2019-3-30
Use props
Guido-Italy
Captain
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Sometimes I tell to my drone friends: yesterday I Flown with my MP for 38 minutes !!!!!
2019-3-30
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Captain
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Using Photoshop is my biggest lie
Screenshot_20190311_115244.jpg
2019-3-30
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Before buying a drone: If I get a drone I will take awesome pictures for you honey, you will looks so pretty!
After Buying a drone: Don't need to cook for me tonight, I will be flying drone all the days with my friends.
2019-3-30
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It was stupid, I must admit ... While I was practicing in a public park (empty at this particular day and time), a gentleman approached me asking to not to fly above his property nearby. I wasn't in a good mood and I responded that I'm not really interested in spying on his backyard barbeque activities.  I said, however, that kids playing in a park's sandbox were fueling my perverted imagination, and that's what I was using my drone camera for... I had a hard time trying to explain to a police officers that I was just joking ... Really, really stupid.
2019-3-30
Use props
Jacob Williams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

My lie: I wasn’t that close to the tree.
The Spark camera makes everything look close up due to the electronic stabilization zooming in to make up for the 2-axis gimbal.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 3-29 06:13
There is one lie I always tell : it is NOT addictive at all to fly a drone

hahahaha, I totally agree with that.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AirButterflyDrone Posted at 3-29 06:37
about the drone many people are curious, many believe that they can spy on people without being seen ...

Hahahaha, very interesting.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hahahahaha, he is so cute!!
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

PS013 Posted at 3-29 13:36
I have a fairly big bald spot on the top of my head ( and that is an understatement) .  My favorite explanation is  "It was a drone incident" ;)

Very nice one!
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hartyaj Posted at 3-29 19:33
I had my drone for about 3 months before I told my partner, every time I mentioned about a drone or wanting one she said that I was a drone. Anyway I put the drone on my backseat waiting for her to go to work and then I was of to the park. Half way to the park and the she rings asking if I’m missing anything and of course I say know, looking around I just say I’m busted. She couldn’t stop laughing , she knew all the time. But know I want to get a osmo pocket I may have to say that I won it in a competition.

Hahahahahaha, drone, and partner, always an interesting story.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

GoldenSun Posted at 3-30 02:49
To my wife: "Honey, I swear it's the last one!"

Hahahaha, I swear it is the last one.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Flyingcougar Posted at 3-30 05:52
...only a little white lie, honey it really wasn't that expensive.;-)

I told that to my family too!
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Pedro Castelani Posted at 3-30 07:46
Tell them that my drone is really below level, that it´s just a toy; or that it takes a long time to learn to fly a drone (I learnt with a small cheap drone without a manual in like a week). However, I usually don´t meet many people while flying.
The lie that was told to me was that when I was a kid, my parents (who had zero trust in any flying RC system) always said that drones and helicopters usually failed after a short time, that you could never be sure that it could work, and things like that. Of course, once I got a few drones I saw that usually they worked and very rarely didn´t

2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Guido-Italy Posted at 3-30 09:00
Sometimes I tell to my drone friends: yesterday I Flown with my MP for 38 minutes !!!!!

Hahahaha, guess they are surprised.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nicoricosancho Posted at 3-30 09:25
Using Photoshop is my biggest lie

Love this shot!
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

maddox Posted at 3-30 17:48
Before buying a drone: If I get a drone I will take awesome pictures for you honey, you will looks so pretty!
After Buying a drone: Don't need to cook for me tonight, I will be flying drone all the days with my friends.

Hahahahahaha, nice one!
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 3-30 23:45
It was stupid, I must admit ... While I was practicing in a public park (empty at this particular day and time), a gentleman approached me asking to not to fly above his property nearby. I wasn't in a good mood and I responded that I'm not really interested in spying on his backyard barbeque activities.  I said, however, that kids playing in a park's sandbox were fueling my perverted imagination, and that's what I was using my drone camera for... I had a hard time trying to explain to a police officers that I was just joking ... Really, really stupid.

Sometimes they are so serious about it.
2019-3-31
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

The biggest lie I have heard is that ALL drone pilots eventually have a Fly-Away. When the Spark was still new so many people in the forums expected that since they flew it incorrectly and lost their drone that it would happen to everyone. And then again when the Mavic Air was new. I've purchased 4 DJI drones now (Phantom 3 Standard, Spark, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro Platinum) and I've never had a Fly-Away. Then when I talk to people that buy the cheap $20-$80 drones for their kids and they lose them the first day they expect that all drones behave that way. Sorry folks, if you fly them correctly and know your equipment you can control MOST situations and recover your DJI drone. *knocks on wood.
2019-3-31
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

My biggest lie is that I'll only "go flying for 30 minutes"
2019-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Panda Posted at 3-31 18:32
hahahaha, I totally agree with that.

Fooled you
2019-3-31
Use props
deNick
lvl.1

Russia

The best one was- “this Mavic PRO is the prototype from Terminator1 decorations”... But may be it is not a lie?
2019-3-31
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

About a week ago someone asked me whether my drone (Mavic Air) can take photo`s and I said "NO"
2019-4-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose I lie every time I buy a new drone. I now have 7.

The only problem I see about my lie is this,  if I die and my wife sells my drones for the prices I told her I paid for them . ;+)
2019-4-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Lies, ya here's one
Flying drone out there with phone, the someone called in, the video transmission become crappy, answer it and said "I'm driving now, I'll call you back later." Got back into the app and everything goes back well, sweating with fear...

Remember to turn on do not disturb/flight mode while flying
2019-4-1
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Panda Posted at 3-31 18:33
Hahahaha, very interesting.

sometime it's just my easy way to escape from too curious people
2019-4-1
Use props
AirButterflyDrone
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

jacksonnai Posted at 4-1 04:56
Lies, ya here's one
Flying drone out there with phone, the someone called in, the video transmission become crappy, answer it and said "I'm driving now, I'll call you back later." Got back into the app and everything goes back well, sweating with fear...

Absolutely YES I agree
2019-4-1
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

people approach me when im flying my spark and ask is that a mavic ?, I just say yes
2019-4-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules