Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
split video
1045 9 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

why is it that if I record from the time I take off the video comes back to me in 2 videos,  eg 0001  0002 ? what am I doing wrong? is there a way I can just get the one complete video?
2019-3-29
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

from what I read it will only record in chunks and not a single length video, I use a video joiner if I want to make a full length video
2019-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

raven swe Posted at 3-29 05:04
from what I read it will only record in chunks and not a single length video, I use a video joiner if I want to make a full length video

thank you for your input, that's what I usually do however I would like to find out if there is a way that I can avoid that procedure and get the video in only one complete piece.
2019-3-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the settings try changing the video cache from 2g to a higher number.

Mine is set to 4g
2019-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Woe Posted at 3-29 05:13
In the settings try changing the video cache from 2g to a higher number.

Mine is set to 4g

will try that Woe thanks again.
2019-3-29
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

Also, note that the Mavic pro supports 2 files systems FAT32 and EXFAT ( according to the DJI web site https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#specs )
If your SD card is formatted in FAT32, the maximum file size is 4GB ( that is a limitation of the FAT32 file system) and the Mavic will create a new file each time the filse size reaches 4GB.

2019-3-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-29 05:32
will try that Woe thanks again.

No problem. Keep us posted
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Picanoc Jack. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2019-3-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-29 08:40
Hello and good day Picanoc Jack. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

thank you Stephen, and while I have you on the line did forum have a glitz that I just could not connect to it in the last 20 hours or so?  Work good this morning but had a hard time connecting to it most of yesterday.
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Picanoc Jack Posted at 3-30 04:55
thank you Stephen, and while I have you on the line did forum have a glitz that I just could not connect to it in the last 20 hours or so?  Work good this morning but had a hard time connecting to it most of yesterday.

You are very much welcome Picanoc Jack. As of the moment I do not have any information if there was a glitch that happened on DJI Forum hours ago. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your valued help and support.
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules