New to OSMO...Best Cinematic Settings?
7665 11 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

I just got the OSMO Pocket, what are the best cinematic settings in your opinion? I'm going to Spain soon with my Sony A7iii and would got the Pocket to catch some quick things. Thank you!
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Matthew Chirico. Thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Pocket and for reaching out as well. You may try to check this DJI Forum thread out for some tips on some cinematic setting for your DJI Osmo Pocket. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-176310-1-1.html
2019-3-29
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Daylight setting - Normal color, 4K48P, 1/100, 32ND filter, Manual white balance, AFS
Lowlight setting - Cinelike D, 4K24P, 1/50, Manual white balance, AFS, Color grading

2019-3-29
Use props
drose1
lvl.1
Australia

Tide Posted at 3-29 16:56
Daylight setting - Normal color, 4K48P, 1/100, 32ND filter, Manual white balance, AFS
Lowlight setting - Cinelike D, 4K24P, 1/50, Manual white balance, AFS, Color grading

Hi, I am new to the whole photography/videography world.

Are ND/PL filters required for videos too? Or do they only apply for photos?
2019-3-31
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

drose1 Posted at 3-31 00:05
Hi, I am new to the whole photography/videography world.

Are ND/PL filters required for videos too? Or do they only apply for photos?
In video, ND filter is used to reduce the shutter speed to create natural motion blur similar to human eyes. Most movies use 180 shutter speed rule which is to set shutter speed to double of frame rate. If 30p to 1/60 so on... So if you want cinematic look then worth to check it out.

However it is a creative choice and you can choose how much motion blur you want.

I shoot this video with 180 shutter speed rule.

2019-3-31
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Also this is a video I shoot in full auto mode so shutter speed is much higher and with less motion blur.

2019-3-31
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

If necessary, it works but also without ND filter.
On my last trip Dubai, Singapore, New Zealand ... I had no ND filters. Almost all shots I have created in automatic mode.
Certainly there are better settings in Pro mode.

2019-3-31
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-29 08:36
Hello and good day Matthew Chirico. Thank you for purchasing the DJI Osmo Pocket and for reaching out as well. You may try to check this DJI Forum thread out for some tips on some cinematic setting for your DJI Osmo Pocket. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-176310-1-1.html

Thank you Stephen! very helpful
2019-4-3
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
United States

Tide Posted at 3-31 00:55
In video, ND filter is used to reduce the shutter speed to create natural motion blur similar to human eyes. Most movies use 180 shutter speed rule which is to set shutter speed to double of frame rate. If 30p to 1/60 so on... So if you want cinematic look then worth to check it out.

However it is a creative choice and you can choose how much motion blur you want.

Thank you!
2019-4-3
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
United States

Tide Posted at 3-31 00:55
In video, ND filter is used to reduce the shutter speed to create natural motion blur similar to human eyes. Most movies use 180 shutter speed rule which is to set shutter speed to double of frame rate. If 30p to 1/60 so on... So if you want cinematic look then worth to check it out.

can you refer me a brand of ND filter for the osmo? Polar pro? other? Thanks
2019-4-3
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Matthew Chirico Posted at 4-3 04:03
can you refer me a brand of ND filter for the osmo? Polar pro? other? Thanks

Here is my review on ND filters.

Polapro is also a trusted brand.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Matthew Chirico Posted at 4-3 04:01
Thank you Stephen! very helpful

You are very much welcome Matthew Chirico. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules