1387 37 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUX.aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

“Night may fall upon the valley but darkness ascends the mountain.”

This video is intended as a dark, mind-bending ride. Most definitely not the typical sunset video.

Shot with Mavic 2 Pro. Edited with LumaFusion and iOS.

The colors used in this video were derived from those found in LUT sets offered by SpectrumGrades.com. Those sets were: Pure, Vision and Gamma.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

For those who happen to be viewing this on an iOS device, I suggest seeing the video on Vimeo which provides higher resolution viewing vs YouTube on iOS.

2019-3-29
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

That what pretty awesome. Its got that suspense/thriller intro vibe going quite well.  
2019-3-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Superb footage. Thanks for the wild ride
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

BHProductions Posted at 3-29 06:46
That what pretty awesome. Its got that suspense/thriller intro vibe going quite well.
Thanks! That was my attempt to hook viewers’ attention... and hopefully improve that pesky “3-sec” viewing percentage I see in statistics of my channels online. I shall see if it improves a bit... haha.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 3-29 06:52

Howdy Woe! Thanks so much my friend. I’m very happy you enjoyed it. Always great running into you here. Stay well.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 3-29 06:52

Howdy Woe! Thanks so much my friend. I’m very happy you enjoyed it. Always great running into you here. Stay well.
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-29 07:19
Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you kindly, Paladin. I hope you are well.
2019-3-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is great to watch: fast paced, atmospheric with a really cool score to match - well done. I particularly liked the intro too and the psychedelic feel to the whole thing - very different to the norm.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 3-29 08:01
This is great to watch: fast paced, atmospheric with a really cool score to match - well done. I particularly liked the intro too and the psychedelic feel to the whole thing - very different to the norm.

Thanks, AJ. I appreciate that. My editing proficiency  is slowly nearing the level where my true vision for a work is being conveyed more accurately. Also, that I was able to edit this video using only an iPad Pro really shows how far mobile technology has come.
2019-3-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 08:09
Thanks, AJ. I appreciate that. My editing proficiency  is slowly nearing the level where my true vision for a work is being conveyed more accurately. Also, that I was able to edit this video using only an iPad Pro really shows how far mobile technology has come.

That is even more impressive given the quality of the editing shown here. I'd consider this a professional standard mate. Well beyond my skill set but as an observer this is A1.

If any video deserves to be placed in DJI Digest then this is it...
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 3-29 08:19
That is even more impressive given the quality of the editing shown here. I'd consider this a professional standard mate. Well beyond my skill set but as an observer this is A1.

If any video deserves to be placed in DJI Digest then this is it...

Whoa, too kind! Thank you, AJ!
2019-3-29
Use props
TomThomson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383960 ft
Switzerland

Trying to give detailled feedback:

1. Great idea to get rid of the corset of usual "nice" videos! It's always good to seek your own way ...

2. Generally I can say that I like the video very much - the intro and especially the scene from 1:33 is great cinema. I love the way you tilted and rotated the footage - it reminds me on "Inception"

3. But ... (there is always a "but" ;) ) Some footage seems not to fit into the overall mood of the video - for instance the dolly zoom or the timelapse ... But: This is my personal opinion only (like all points above) - the artist is always free to act like the little voice in his head is telling him

4. To edit this video on an iPad is incredible - I have no idea if I could do this ...

Anyway: Congrats for your great piece of work!
Edit:
P.S. I gave you some fulltime views on Youtube and Vimeo - not only just for your statistics
2019-3-29
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Just mind-blowing', especially when trees start rotating! Real psychedelic film. You can easily send it on Sundance festival. Thank you for your work.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

TomThomson Posted at 3-29 11:47
Trying to give detailled feedback:

1. Great idea to get rid of the corset of usual "nice" videos! It's always good to seek your own way ...

Truly constructive criticism is very welcome, and necessary, if I hope to continue improving. So I thank you for it. One of the reasons I enjoy using Vimeo over YouTube is the ability to replace an uploaded video with a revised version - and it’s something I may do with this video as well as I consider your comments. Truth is, I’m never satisfied fully with anything I create, because I know there is more that can be done to improve it. My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 3-29 12:09
Just mind-blowing', especially when trees start rotating! Real psychedelic film. You can easily send it on Sundance festival. Thank you for your work.

Excuse me, do you happen to know the address I should mail it to?
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 13:24
Excuse me, do you happen to know the address I should mail it to?

Sorry for the poor humor... I couldn’t resist.

Thank you for your encouragement... I do appreciate it.
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 07:59
Thank you kindly, Paladin. I hope you are well.

You're welcome. Cheers!
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 13:22
Truly constructive criticism is very welcome, and necessary, if I hope to continue improving. So I thank you for it. One of the reasons I enjoy using Vimeo over YouTube is the ability to replace an uploaded video with a revised version - and it’s something I may do with this video as well as I consider your comments. Truth is, I’m never satisfied fully with anything I create, because I know there is more that can be done to improve it. My spirit is willing but my flesh is weak.

FYI: I’m uploading the revised version of the film currently and it should up shortly.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

The folks on this forum are fantastic! I posted earlier what I thought was a finished film, but after the fine folks here looked it over and offered some feedback, I reworked a few scenes and transitions .... bingo! Now it feels more epic and cohesive. Thanks everyone.
2019-3-29
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome work. I am always very impressed with your work. Nicely done.
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Hurley1718 Posted at 3-29 16:49
Awesome work. I am always very impressed with your work. Nicely done.

Thanks Hurley. I hope that there has been a noticeable improvement in my videos in the six or so months that I have been posting here on the forum. When I started out using drones around nine months ago, every process and application necessary to do this was new to me, minus knowing how to operate mobile phone and a computer. Overalll, I’d say learning  how to properly operate a camera was likely the most challenging, and one I am still trying to get better at.
2019-3-29
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 17:03
Thanks Hurley. I hope that there has been a noticeable improvement in my videos in the six or so months that I have been posting here on the forum. When I started out using drones around nine months ago, every process and application necessary to do this was new to me, minus knowing how to operate mobile phone and a computer. Overalll, I’d say learning  how to properly operate a camera was likely the most challenging, and one I am still trying to get better at.

I totally agree. I've always been a creative person with graphic design and videos but learning the ropes of flying while capturing great footage has definitely been challenging and rewarding (sometimes lol). I think you have been getting better as your progressing so please keep up the great work.
2019-3-29
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Excellent footage, great editing
2019-3-29
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

ShermanFlyer Posted at 3-29 17:19
Excellent footage, great editing

Thanks Sherman. I appreciate the encouragement. I hope you’re well.
2019-3-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 07:10

Hello my friends, I really liked the video. good to see your back at it
2019-3-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 07:10

Double up
2019-3-29
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LUX.aerial Posted at 3-29 11:30
Whoa, too kind! Thank you, AJ!

You're welcome
2019-3-30
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

That was awesome! Very nice video
2019-3-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Outstanding work, great video
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Beautiful works!
2019-4-3
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 3-29 23:38
Hello my friends, I really liked the video. good to see your back at it

Woe, your commments are always very encouraging, thanks. When I vanish from the forum of a while, it’s typically due to being in the throws of some creative project, and when that happens, the world could be exploded outside my door and I’d likely not notice, haha. #focused
2019-4-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

LUX.aerial Posted at 4-3 05:24
Woe, your commments are always very encouraging, thanks. When I vanish from the forum of a while, it’s typically due to being in the throws of some creative project, and when that happens, the world could be exploded outside my door and I’d likely not notice, haha. #focused

You're Welcome. we all need encouragement. # focused I like that .

Just might have to use it. It"s not patten is it
2019-4-3
Use props
LUX.aerial
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 4-3 05:47
You're Welcome. we all need encouragement. # focused I like that .

Just might have to use it. It"s not patten is it

Haha! Go for it! The modern world needs more people who are focused on creating/producing. I feel many people today are unfulfilled due to lack of making/building/growing/etc something they can be proud of. I believe that drones can enable more people to discover the creative spark that is often buried deep within and help them kindle it into a bright flame.  I mean, how can one not be inspired when being able to soar above mountaintops like an eagle? Or hover between flowers in a verdant green pasture like a bee? Or float above dark waters like a specter over a fog-covered lake?
2019-4-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Beautifully stated and totally agree.
2019-4-3
Use props
djiuser_3p4ne8V1hPQU
New

United States

I kept feeling like something awesome was gonna happen at the end of each shot. It didn’t, but still great footage.
2019-4-27
Use props
Steeve Labrie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 455919 ft
Canada

Great footage, thanks for sharing !
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules