Drone takes off and flies as soon as motors are started with joysticks
1234 8 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawnromano
lvl.1
United States

On several occasions ive started my engines and the mavic 2 pro immediately takes off and starts flying forward.  I have to quickly use the joysticks to avoid it hitting anything or people.  Im not sure why it is happening but it is scary not only for my drone but for bystanders.  I do filming of vacant land and hones for real estate.  And sometimes i launch from the roof of my vehicle while i sit inside.  Ive only had this issue happenin the last month.  My firmware is all up to date.  Has anyone else had this problem?
2019-3-29
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did you start the engines?
2019-3-29
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Launching from the roof of your car is a bad idea.  Drones have a compass in them that the metal from your car will negatively impact and cause problems.

Don’t turn your drone on or take off when the drone is near any metal or other magnetic interference.  

Also, make sure you wait for a good GPS signal.  Many here will say that is 11 or more GPS sats locked in, but I personally think it’s best to look at the GPS signal bars right next to it to make sure you have good location strength. As a general rule, you probably shouldn’t launch until the GPS is locked in at least enough for it to automatically mark the home point.

I would suggest paying attention to these two things and seeing if the drone’s behavior at launch is more predictable.
2019-3-29
Use props
Ghost Rider Vic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795873 ft
Russia

I have the same problem. The latest firmware.
Chronological order:
The battery lay for several weeks, it was about 60%. It came to the place, all the systems are normal (no warnings, ready to take off). He took off, climbed 50 meters. I realized that I did not have enough time to fly and take pictures. Landing a drone, replaced the battery. As it turned out, it was also about 60%. We start the engines as usual, sticks down to the center. The engines start and the rpm automatically increases and the drone starts to take off. I did not rise above 50 cm, I immediately pressed the stick down and the drone landed. After a reboot at the same place, the same thing happened.
Another day. Freshly charged battery. This is the same place (take-off point nearby). No problem. Normal take-off and landing. No abnormal behavior. On the street -1 degrees.

After a few weeks. Normal take-off and landing. No abnormal behavior. The drone was from a warm place. Dynamic flight at -18 degrees.
A few hours later, the problem. We start the engines as usual, sticks down to the center. The engines start and the rpm automatically increases and the drone starts to take off.
Did not fly, Landing a drone.
In the room. I changed different batteries. Calibrate IMU & Compas. Refresh Firmware. Same problem. At the start of the engines, they began to spin up and slow down at different intervals!
A few days later. Indoors, start and stop motors. No abnormal actions.

In general, the problem is not resolved. The problem is chaotic.
Latest firmware .510. and on Dji go4 on iPhone.
New firmware on batteries (automatic discharge)
2019-12-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 3-29 11:05
Launching from the roof of your car is a bad idea.  Drones have a compass in them that the metal from your car will negatively impact and cause problems.

Don’t turn your drone on or take off when the drone is near any metal or other magnetic interference.  

i fly off my car all the time while my mavic 2 pro screams at me about the compass.  it never has issues hovering in place upon take off or positioning itself once its a couple feet away from top of my car., specially in winter time when snow around or if ground is soaked and muddy from ice melt..

sure, not greatest idea, specially for less experienced people but shouldn't instantly become out of control or even difficult to control unless your drone has other problems.  just get a few feet from the vehical and compass should be okay again. magnetism works in inverse square law so, small increases in distance = exponential decreases in effect.
2019-12-6
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Did you happen to hear the nice Lady say "Home point has been updated, please check it on the map"??
2019-12-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i suspect the issue is bad "joystick" calibration.  try recalibrating the sticks in the app.    my mavic 2 has occasionally left drift issue, its purely bad calibration 0 point in the latest firmwares.  

i think DJI can fix as the issue but they chosen to ignore it -.-   it is always exactly the same 10-14% phantom left input every time it returns for me and its as if it "forgets" its calibrated 0 point.     i suspect more people will encounter this over time.
2019-12-6
Use props
Ghost Rider Vic
lvl.1
Russia

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-6 11:20
i suspect the issue is bad "joystick" calibration.  try recalibrating the sticks in the app.    my mavic 2 has occasionally left drift issue, its purely bad calibration 0 point in the latest firmwares.  

i think DJI can fix as the issue but they chosen to ignore it -.-   it is always exactly the same 10-14% phantom left input every time it returns for me and its as if it "forgets" its calibrated 0 point.     i suspect more people will encounter this over time.

Here we are talking about the fact that he takes off. Motors accelerate automatically to maximum speed!

If the problem was in the joysticks, then in the application it would be visible that in the neutral position there is a small deviation (for example, 1-5) - of course you just need to calibrate the joysticks.
2019-12-6
Use props
Ghost Rider Vic
lvl.1
Russia

I think that the topic can be closed.
The answer is as follows, once I saw a video on YouTube how Mr. Stele mounts a racing drone. He says that when the engines spin themselves this is normal, they are not afraid of it. just need to be careful. Apparently this is how the flight controller introduces itself.
2020-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules