Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#Dronestrategy Canada
17322 13 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71611 ft
Canada

1-Location: Canada restriction for private/recration use only Thes willl be valid to 1st June 2019

2-Time: Day time

3-DJI drone: all drone weighing less than 250g

4-7Application process: Not required for recreation flight with Canadia Aviation authority if you respect these restrictions:
    -below 90 meters (300 feet) above the ground
    -at least 30 meters (100 feet) away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs over 250 grams and up to 1 kilograms)
    -at least 76 meters (250 feet) away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs over 1 kilogram and up to 35 kilograms)
    -at least 5.6 kilometers (3 nautical miles) away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base or area where aircraft take off and land)
    -at least 1.9 kilometers (1 nautical mile) away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
    -outside of controlled or restricted airspace
    -at least 9 kilometers (5 nautical miles) away from a natural hazard or disaster area
    -away from areas where its use could interfere with police or first responders
    -during the day and not in clouds
    -within your sight at all times
    -within 500 meters (1640 feet) of yourself
    -only if clearly marked with your name, address and telephone number

5-Travel with a drone: Just comply with your flying company for battery allowance (generally in a reasonable amount in check-in luggage)

6-Custom: Should not be a problem as it is not a commercial product

2019-3-29
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Very nice information, great job
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Very nice strategy, thanks for sharing.
2019-3-31
Use props
RV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71611 ft
Canada

Error on  point 3

3-DJI drone: all drone weighing more than 250g but less than 35kg for least than 250g your are technically out of canadian aviation rule there are no restriction just fly safe
2019-3-31
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

Hello: Here is the link to Transport Canada's new rules for June 1, 2019

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/ ... safely-legally.html

Here is the link to the knowledge requirements (scroll to the bottom of the page if you want a PDF version);

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/ ... tions/tp-15263.html

I have been methodically working through the knowledge requirements in order to challenge the Small Basic Exam. I have reached out to DJI for help with Section 2 - RPAS Airframes, Power Plants, Propulsion and Systems. It has been forwarded to their Technical Services Division for comment. To date, I have not received any reply to my query. If anyone would have an interweb reference that addresses these questions, I would be very appreciative.

The first thing I have learned is that there is not one central repository of information that would provide all of the answers to the questions posed.

Unlike the Ontario Driver’s Handbook from the Ministry of Transport (to get an automobile driver's licence); Transport Canada has scattered resources all over the interweb. In one case, the “Transport Canada - Human Factors for Aviation: Basic Handbook” needed for Section 3, Human Factors, seems to be out of print. I cannot find a local library that has a copy, and online versions for purchase are as high as $500.

Transport Canada recommends that we take an accredited Drone Ground School course, even for the Basic Pilot Certificate. These courses seem to start at $200 and can go as high as $700 if you want the Advanced Pilot Certificate and Flight Review. Kind of like taking a Young Drivers of Canada driving course to drive a car. However, I don't believe accomplished pilots should have to go to ground school to acquire the recommended knowledge base to challenge the Small Basic Certificate exam. It would be nice if the information was in one place or easy to find. The purpose of the exam is to demonstrate an understanding of how to safely operate in Canadian airspace, these barriers to knowledge will ultimately affect compliance. Has anyone else had the same experience or found the resources to complete the knowledge requirements?

I want to be a good, safe, legal member of the SRPA community. Thank you and safe flying.
PS, I just noticed that this hashtag is meant for a contest, if there is a more appropriate place to place this comment, please let me know.

2019-4-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing
2019-4-10
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work
2019-4-17
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

R_Adams Posted at 4-7 06:34
Hello: Here is the link to Transport Canada's new rules for June 1, 2019

http://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/ ... safely-legally.html

Hi R_Adams

For my comments on the Canadian RPAS license, see the end of this thread on page 2.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D650&page=2

Ray
2019-7-2
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing, will keep this handy when I come to Niagara Falls again.
2019-7-31
Use props
fans6765b5ea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805751 ft

So my personal experience on the BASIC exam was that it isn't a show-stopper - I watched Don Joyce's YouTube info series on it, read through Part IX of the CARs (not hard), and looked over the referenced supplementary material. I didn't memorize everything but I had a decent understanding of the gist of it all. Still, there were a few questions that stumped me that were either not covered (but would likely be covered during pilot ground school) or ambiguously worded.

As many have said, Google is your friend - BUT - picking an answer for a poorly worded question (or an obscure one about meteorology) is still a challenge. From my perspective, the thrust of the legislation is to keep REGULAR air traffic and bystanders safe and to give a legal framework for what people can be charged for. By getting your license, you are acknowledging the regulations, so you are aware of what is expected, and can fly safely with government issued credentials if challenged, so that's good.

What's the hard part from a practical standpoint? The 30m horizontally from bystanders rule means you're very restricted with respect to flying many urban/populated areas. I look at the BASIC certification more or less like a learner's permit - learn and practice your drone piloting skills so control is second nature, after which you can go for ADVANCED so you can fly 5m horizontally of bystanders (provided the drone is certified for flying NEAR people). You still cannot fly OVER people unless the drone is listed as approved for that (basically has an automatic parachute that deploys upon critical or motor failure).
2019-9-3
Use props
CareyL
lvl.1

Canada

Very out of date.
2020-1-15
Use props
Vagasso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669 ft
Canada

With the lack of restrictions for <250g UAVs why does DJI Fly restrict my flying where Transport Canada does not?
2020-11-29
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39806 ft
Canada

Excelente information, time to fly my new DJI FPV System

thanks to everyone for sharing information here
2021-3-17
Use props
StephenBogner
New
Canada

As mentioned by others, in Canada drones under 250g are not regulated.  This means that pilots are free to operate them as they see fit.  Don Joyce has a great video to explain how the rules apply specifically to the sub-250g DJI Mini 2 :  How the Canadian RPAS Rules Apply to the DJI Mini 2: What YOU Need to Know!  The thing to remember is "Just don't do anything stupid!"
Although I have an Advanced Drone Pilot Certification in Canada, as a practical matter it I find that it is often easier to simply use the unregulated DJI Mini 2 in urban areas and use my regulated drones over rural and uncontrolled airspace rather than go through the trouble (and delays) of obtaining Transport Canada approvals to fly Advanced operations in controlled airspace in the 5NM zone around airports, for example.  There are a lot of applications where the DJI Mini 2 works just as well as the larger drones.
2021-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules