Ronin-S Vibrates Non-Stop After Initial Auto-tune...HELP!
2429 2 2019-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pstraub
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Ronin-S and followed the guide and some YouTube videos on how to properly set up the Ronin-S.  I balanced it, and got all "excellents" from the app.  I then went to auto-tune and it started off vibrating nice and easy, and just after 70% is vibrated a little more vilolently, and then hit 100%, but continued to vibrate violently.  I let it run for a little longer thinking it was finishing up, but it continued to vibrate (the vertical tilt motor began to get warm).  I powered off.  Now, everytime I power on, it wants to continue to auto-tune and immediately vibrates.  I try to play in the app but it says "failed" on everything.  Is there any factory reset on this thing.  I just want this thing to stop vibrating or reset so I can get it set up and start using.

Oh, I'm using a Panasonic G7 camera with a 25mm lens so it is not that heavy.  

Thanks for any and all help.

Pat
2019-3-29
Use props
pstraub
lvl.1

United States

Update: I paused the motors (double click the power) and reset from the app.  I guess I won't do any more auto-tuning, just balancing.  Is it just because I'm using a camera that isn't compatible?
2019-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Pat, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, even your camera is not in the compatible list, the Ronin-S can be stabilized when being used with cameras that weigh less than 3.6 kg, with a width smaller than or equal to 205 mm, and a height less than or equal to 150 mm.
Vibration is usually related to the balance, please don't check the balance status when placing Ronin-S flat in the table, it is recommended to take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. Then run the balance test in the APP and all 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.

May I verify if the gimbal can be used normally now and how about its stabilization performance?
2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules