2411 4 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SvzSyPq5p39s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1716 ft
Australia

Hi everyone.
Three weeks ago I received my Phantom 4 Drone. I went to charge the battery and the battery didn't charge. Thinking it was the battery I sent it off to be replaced under the warranty. I got an email from the technicians saying there was nothing wrong with the battery. Yesterday I bought another battery and put it on charge but the same thing that happened to the battery I sent back to DJI happened with this new battery. So I went and bought a charging hub today and the same thing is happening. I think it has just come down to the cord that connects to the battery being faulty but I'm not going to settle on that until I receive a second opinion. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out here as I am absolutely dying to fly my drone.

PS. I forget to mention what the battery was actually doing to make me think it was faulty. It would flash as if it was charging normally and then all the LEDs would turn off for a few seconds (Maybe around 5-9 seconds) and then it would flash again like it was charging and then the LEDs would turn off again. This has happened when its been charging with and without the hub.

Exactlt what's happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDq3pVp2Uhs
2019-3-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha djiuser_Svz,

Your battery does not look like an authentic DJI Battery even thought it is on a booklet saying DJI.  Maybe you should post the serial number of your battery in this thread to see if it is an authentic DJI Intelligent Flight Battery.  Where did you buy the battery from?  Who did you send the battery back to?

BTW, the LED pattern shown in the video indicates an overheated battery that will not charge.  If DJI changed the design of the battery, it does not seem to have been noticed here on the Forum.

Maybe a DJI Administrator can help here?

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-30
Use props
djiuser_SvzSyPq5p39s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1716 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 3-30 01:58
Aloha djiuser_Svz,

Your battery does not look like an authentic DJI Battery even thought it is on a booklet saying DJI.  Maybe you should post the serial number of your battery in this thread to see if it is an authentic DJI Intelligent Flight Battery.  Where did you buy the battery from?  Who did you send the battery back to?

You're right, it doesn't look like a genuine battery but I had the same problem with a battery that i can 100% confirm to be genuine
2019-3-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SvzSyPq5p39s Posted at 3-30 03:10
You're right, it doesn't look like a genuine battery but I had the same problem with a battery that i can 100% confirm to be genuine

Aloha djiuser_Svz,

Good you see that.  But it never hurts to ask an administrator to check your battery serial number.  Very helpful!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-3-30
Use props
fpflavin
lvl.1
United States

Hi Folks, I have not flown the Phantom 4 for awhile as I have been using the Mavic Pro 2 mostly. Went charge my 3 4 batteries and only one will charge ? Tried DJI support but with no response. I have upgraded.
Any ideas.
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules