Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Drifting/Gimbal panning
1225 9 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BothanJedi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257838 ft
United States

I continually have problems with my Mavic Pro 1 slightly drifting when flying straight and the gimbal panning when hovering. I had a Mavic Pro that was sent back and replaced due to this issue. I thought the issue was resolved, but now the replacement is doing it too. I just recallibrated the IMU, compass, gimbal, and controller. Took it out for a test run and it's stilll noticeable. I also turned off sycnrhonized pan follow. The issue is the exact same as outlined in:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-124081-1-1.html

I don't want to go throught ANOTHER replacement, but I really need this issue fixed.
2019-3-30
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Well i know the thread starter in the link you posted and he knows his stuff so good luck! I don't envy you at all sorry
2019-3-30
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

You probably did it the right way, but just to remind that the IMU calibration must be done on a perfectly leveled surface, and the compass in an area without interference - or as less a possible at least.

Maybe try some new propellers or try crossing them over if they are ok for flying.
2019-3-30
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I had this problem when upgrading firmware and an IMU calibration solved the problem for me. YMMV though, but if this is the second drone with the same problem, you might want to make sure to do the IMU and compass just so you've tried everything.
2019-3-30
Use props
BothanJedi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257838 ft
United States

FlyDK Posted at 3-30 08:34
You probably did it the right way, but just to remind that the IMU calibration must be done on a perfectly leveled surface, and the compass in an area without interference - or as less a possible at least.

Maybe try some new propellers or try crossing them over of they are ok for flying.

One question I did have regarding the IMU calibration. I did it on my kitchen table (I’ll make sure it’s perfectly level tonight) but when you are supposed to stand the mavic upright so it’s facing straight up, do you let it rest on the back legs (which makes it slightly tilted) or try to hold it up with your hands to be at as much of a right angle as possible?
2019-3-30
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
United States

BothanJedi Posted at 3-30 13:00
One question I did have regarding the IMU calibration. I did it on my kitchen table (I’ll make sure it’s perfectly level tonight) but when you are supposed to stand the mavic upright so it’s facing straight up, do you let it rest on the back legs (which makes it slightly tilted) or try to hold it up with your hands to be at as much of a right angle as possible?

If you look at the video, they let it rest on it's back legs.
2019-3-30
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

BothanJedi Posted at 3-30 13:00
One question I did have regarding the IMU calibration. I did it on my kitchen table (I’ll make sure it’s perfectly level tonight) but when you are supposed to stand the mavic upright so it’s facing straight up, do you let it rest on the back legs (which makes it slightly tilted) or try to hold it up with your hands to be at as much of a right angle as possible?

Yeah, the video above shows how to do it.
If you always did the calibrations in your kitchen, try another place next time. Maybe outside on a steady, leveled garden table.
2019-3-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 3-30 13:02
If you look at the DJI IMU Calibration video, they let it rest on it's back legs.

The video is a contradiction.  It says to remove the propellers, but shows the propellers mounted all the way through.  Leaving them on will affect how level the craft is when on its sides and also inverted.  Things like this are why I've never calibrated in over two years of use.

Which way is it really supposed to be?
2019-4-9
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
United States

If you leave the props on, you just need to make sure that the motor is resting on the table and not the prop base. If you're having trouble doing that, just unfold the forward props so they are parallel with the table. Or, just take them off as it only takes a couple of seconds to pop them back on. But when you stand the drone up, it should be like they show in the video.
2019-4-9
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

There are plenty of Clinometer Apps available to check that your calibration surface is perfectly level Clinometer Apps
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules