Controller Battery
1033 15 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Peeps i actually managed to fly today,,, question after 4 batteries my contrtoller was at 18% about right or not ?

2019-3-30
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

What drone? Mine is mostly around the same level after 4 batteries. Also depends on how i fly.  I have a MP1
2019-3-30
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mavic pro bud, mix of leisure flying and last battery Sport mode.
2019-3-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Perhaps this simple solution will work for you.

It will extend battery power to Android phone and the controller at the same time.
It is connected for the duration of all flights.
2019-3-30
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-30 10:27
Perhaps this simple solution will work for you.
[view_image]
It will extend battery power to Android phone and the controller at the same time.

Can you point me to one in Amazon please....
2019-3-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Seriously?
You obviously didn't read or understand the drawing.
There are 2 leads, identical, except for length, like your charger lead. You probably have the extra lead. You do have the charger lead.
A power bank which you probably already have.
Just connect together as shown.
2019-3-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

One of the things I ran into was that I used to use an Android phone and the RC would try to charge the phone and drain the RC battery fairly quickly. To solve this, after the first flight, I'd take the battery out of the MP and use the battery adapter to connect it to the side port of the RC. Then used another cable out of the RC bottom port to hook to my phone. I could fly all day with that first battery and my RC would stay charged.

Later on I just bit the bullet and bought a CrystalSky as later versions of DJI Go 4 wouldn't run on my phone.
2019-3-30
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

I have seen this solution also for a few times, but I just can't stand the fact that the connector is right in the place where my hand should be. I tried it a few times, but just can't hold the remote nicely when there is a large connector in my phone. I always use the cable that was delivered with the remote, and does not stick out. Now I am waiting for the SRC to be able to be used with the mp1. (Is this a correct sentence? XD)
2019-3-30
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 3-30 12:48
I have seen this solution also for a few times, but I just can't stand the fact that the connector is right in the place where my hand should be. I tried it a few times, but just can't hold the remote nicely when there is a large connector in my phone. I always use the cable that was delivered with the remote, and does not stick out. Now I am waiting for the SRC to be able to be used with the mp1. (Is this a correct sentence? XD)

Yes, I bought a long right angle cable so it didn't stick out the side. That way my hand goes over the cable and holds the controller.
2019-3-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Paul_IA Posted at 3-30 13:04
Yes, I bought a long right angle cable so it didn't stick out the side. That way my hand goes over the cable and holds the controller.

Telling the forum my solution works for you would have been nice...
2019-3-30
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-30 23:13

With respect, I think you're somewhat overestimating the uniqueness of your suggestion to connect a power pack to something with the copyright and attitude. I saw the post above as adding helpfully to the discussion, not claiming ownership of the solution.
2019-3-31
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-30 23:13

Actually, if you'll look at my previous posts on this forum, you'll see that I've been offering this up as a solution for the Android battery problem for about two years. I'm not sure how you see this as "your solution", any more than flight was the "Wright Brothers solution". It's a generic way to extend the battery life of the RC.
2019-3-31
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blimey jusyt needed some ideas lol so basically i will buy a charger that just has a usb out put and charge controller between flights,simple thank you who helped my out..

But getting round the tablet draining the controller will be better.....if i pads dont do it ,then android can find away....
2019-3-31
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Your RC is charging your device if it's Android.
2019-3-31
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

Paul_IA Posted at 3-31 04:09
Actually, if you'll look at my previous posts on this forum, you'll see that I've been offering this up as a solution for the Android battery problem for about two years. I'm not sure how you see this as "your solution", any more than flight was the "Wright Brothers solution". It's a generic way to extend the battery life of the RC.

Great minds...
2019-3-31
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Eagle_Eye Posted at 3-31 05:46
Your RC is charging your device if it's Android.

Exactly and i dont think the misses would be happy if i brought an I Pad 4 @ £400 just for a screen due to charging !
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules