Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro video editing workflow?
1285 0 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

I've been flying the Mavic Pro for nearly a couple of years now, and have gotten comfortable with editing its video using Davinci Resolve.

I'm considering upgrading to the Mavic 2 Pro, but I'm wondering what the options are for working with its video.  For example, I gather that one of the shiny new features of the M2P is that it supports the HEVC H.265 codec, which is supposed to be way better (in terms of quality-pixels-per-byte)... but the problem is, as far as I know, none of my current devices or software support that.  My TV won't play it, Davinci Resolve won't edit it.

One option, I suppose, would be to just record H.264 on the Mavic 2 Pro (i.e. same codec I've been using on the Mavic Pro; supported by practically everything)... but then that's not getting the benefits of H.265, seems like a shame to waste it.  Another option would be to get some kind of converter program to transcode it to H.264 on my PC prior to editing, but I'm not sure what the downside of that might be.

I also have a vague notion that certain recording modes on the M2P are restricted to certain settings?  Not sure how that might affect the video editing workflow.

So, just wondering.  How do M2P owners generally work with their video?  What software do you use for editing it and so forth?  Advantages and disadvantages of various tradeoffs?

2019-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules