Lightroom is cropping my images when importing (RAW)
3499 17 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Hello! im trying to import my footage into lightroom classic, but when i finish importing, my footages seems to be cropped out.
Im shooting RAW files in my Mavic 2 Zoom, with 4:3 aspect ratio, i've tried a lot of thing but nothing seems to work, ill add some screen shots to show the problem

Thanks!

Here is the original photo, some trees in the upper left corner,

Here is the original photo, some trees in the upper left corner,

Here is how i get it into Lightroom, after import, you can see the images is cropped

Here is how i get it into Lightroom, after import, you can see the images is cropped
2019-3-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Oscar_CB. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you'll get the best tips and recommendation here from our valued DJI Co pilots who uses the Adobe Lightroom in editing there shots. Thank you.
2019-3-31
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-31 09:12
Hello and good day Oscar_CB. Thank you for reaching out. I hope you'll get the best tips and recommendation here from our valued DJI Co pilots who uses the Adobe Lightroom in editing there shots. Thank you.

Thank you! i really hope i can get some help, i don't know what to do
2019-3-31
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Some help please?
2019-4-4
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

is bumping allowed in this forum?
2019-4-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Just a thought,  is Lightroom applying lens correction on those images?
2019-4-8
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

DAFlys Posted at 4-8 05:50
Just a thought,  is Lightroom applying lens correction on those images?

No, it is not applying any lens correction
2019-4-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Did you try to get some help in an Adobe Lightroom forum? There are many out there...  I think it would be more efficient than in a DJI products forum.
2019-4-8
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

ro_flyer Posted at 4-8 07:07
Did you try to get some help in an Adobe Lightroom forum? There are many out there...  I think it would be more efficient than in a DJI products forum.

Ill try that, thanks!
2019-4-8
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Oscar_CB Posted at 4-8 16:13
Ill try that, thanks!

Yes I think in a specialized forum you will get better assistance ;-)
2019-4-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Two things:

JPG files are uncropped, RAW files lose 8px per dimension -- at least that was the case with the original Mavic. https://forum.dji.com/thread-89876-1-1.html

However, that's unlikely your problem, if it even exists in the Mac Pro Zoom -- out of curiosity, does it?

I think it's far more likely that what you are seeing in your RAW files is the embedded lens profile correcting for barrel distortion, which you can confirm by clicking on the little i under the Lens Profile pane. Here's what it looks like for a Mavic Air DNG:
Untitled.png
2019-4-9
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Ex Machina Posted at 4-9 09:31
Two things:

JPG files are uncropped, RAW files lose 8px per dimension -- at least that was the case with the original Mavic. https://forum.dji.com/thread-89876-1-1.html

Some of my pictures have that lens profile correction, but that doesnt seems to be the problem, its not supossed to crop your photos, right?
About the 8px lose, i think thats not the problem neither, RAW files seemto be ok.

I really dont know whats happening to be honest, i think it has to be something with the mavic settings, but i dont know what
2019-4-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Oscar_CB Posted at 4-9 17:29
Some of my pictures have that lens profile correction, but that doesnt seems to be the problem, its not supossed to crop your photos, right?
About the 8px lose, i think thats not the problem neither, RAW files seemto be ok.

It's quite common to lose edge information when you perform lens corrections, especially with wide-angle corrections. Good to hear that the weird 8px thing was resolved in the later Mavic models -- that's such a random failing but minor enough to not lose any sleep over.
2019-4-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Oscar_CB Posted at 4-9 17:29

You can test this yourself by opening the DNG in an app that allows the disabling of embedded camera profiles, or you can strip the profile from a test DNG with a tool like EXIFTOOL: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2431111
2019-4-10
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

I can confirm it is indeed lens correction. It's secretly applied as soon as you open the file in Lightroom or Photoshop. As far as I know there is no setting to turn it off, you'll have to do some workaround or open the dng in another program.
2019-4-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Oscar_CB Posted at 4-8 06:13
No, it is not applying any lens correction

Pretty sure it is lens correction,  can you post an original dng file so we can take a look?
2019-4-11
Use props
Oscar_CB
lvl.2

Costa Rica

No asnwer still, this is sad
2019-5-3
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States