Why does my exposure change when i shoot sunset hyperlapses on M2P?
1476 8 2019-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigCityViews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1569072 ft
United States

I'm having an issue when I shoot hyperlapses with my Mavic 2 Pro. For some reason when I shoot hyperlapses of sunsets fully manual, I always seem to encounter a weird exposure shift out of nowhere. In this video I posted, you will notice at the 8 second mark my exposure changes. It looks as if i change my exposure but thats not the case, I dont touch anything when im in hyperlapse mode. Has anyone else experienced this issue Im having? Any idea why this is happening?  

2019-3-30
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

it seems that at the increase of the intensity of the light some parameter of the cam suddenly changes you! You have some parameters I think automatically, which you missed. Perhaps the white balance?
2019-3-30
Use props
Big City Views
lvl.1
United States

Everything is manual. The iso, fstop, shutter and white balance
2019-3-30
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Big City Views Posted at 3-30 18:38
Everything is manual. The iso, fstop, shutter and white balance

As long as everything is on manual, you should be good.  If you continue to have the problem, you may want to think about doing a screen recording while you are running the hyoerlapse to see if you can see anything changing during the flight.
2019-3-30
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Try a full reset of the camera. A pest, but it frequently works for a range of issues.
2019-3-30
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-30 22:30
Try a full reset of the camera. A pest, but it frequently works for a range of issues.

Was the whitebalance set manually or on Auto?
2019-4-21
Use props
GHT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Getting something similar.  Sample here shows the brightness flickering about midway and nearer the end of the video -
Shutter was 1/4sec with an ND16 filter, ISO 100, F10, White balance Daylight.  Interestingly the EXIF in one of the JPG's shows Metering Mode: Centre Weighted Average.  Why would it show that when I am using manual mode?  Using latest firmware updated this week.   Makes is really difficult to do Hyperlapses if I need to edit all the images to make their exposure look the same.
2020-7-11
Use props
GHT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 575574 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Getting something similar.  Sample here shows the brightness flickering about midway and nearer the end of the video -
Shutter was 1/4sec with an ND16 filter, ISO 100, F10, White balance Daylight.  Interestingly the EXIF in one of the JPG's shows Metering Mode: Centre Weighted Average.  Why would it show that when I am using manual mode?  Using latest firmware updated this week.   Makes is really difficult to do Hyperlapses if I need to edit all the images to make their exposure look the same.
2020-7-11
Use props
BigCityViews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1569072 ft
United States

I figured out how to correct the issue I was having with the exposure changes in the hyperlapse video. For me it was mainly happening when I was filming something which the exposure changes such as sunsets. It appears the M2P has this issue with the exposure flickering in some of the hyperlapses but I came across this popular timelapse program called LRTimelapse which works in conjunction with lightroom. This program lets you correct this issue by allowing you to correct a image from the bieginning, middle, and end of your hyperlapse and then gradually transition the in between images so they smoothly play out together without any exposure jumps as you are having right now. LRTimelapse also has a deflicker mode which smoothes out the flickering going on in the hyperlapses. This is what solved this problem for me. I suggest you look into this. The only thing with LRTimelapse is they allow you for free to process sequences with up to 400 images. If you want to exceed 400 images you must purchase the program.
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules