Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please Help!
742 9 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JFrost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18950 ft

South Africa

Hi guys!
I bought a Spark from a good friend of mine (second hand) because he upgraded to the Mavic. I've flown the drone a few time without a problem, except for having some signal issues but nothing major. I took my drone to work to fly it around and I changed the channel frequency from the channel I was on to a more open channel hoping it would help with the signal problem. As I changed it, my drone started to flash yellow lights for a bit and then the wifi signal from the RC to my phone (Huawei P20) dissapeared but the RC still had a green light, like it was connected to the drone. The app says that I'm still connected to the RC even though there if no wifi signal. I turned everything off and back on again and the same thing keeps happening.
I then downloaded the dji assistant and restored factory settings and that didn't do anything to help the problem.

Does anyone have any advice that I can try to sort this out?
2019-4-1
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

1. Delete and install againe DJI Go4 app.
2. Tap power button on the drone and hold for 9 second until you hear three beep sounds.
3. Reconnect RC and the drone.
2019-4-1
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Get yourself an OTG cable, so you don't need the Wifi between RC and phone.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-4-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I second that, get a otg cable!
2019-4-1
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
Captain
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

My only advice is be more specific in your topic
2019-4-1
Use props
JFrost
lvl.1

South Africa

Thanks for advice guys!

Didn't know what the problem was so wasn't sure what topic to use @ZarcTheSpark
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. You can set the channel to 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz in the app. Normally, the app will automatically choose a channel. You can switch the channel in the app manually.

Note: To switch the frequency range (and select 2.4 GHz or 5.8GHz), you should select one channel first. Wi-Fi will restart and connect to the aircraft again.
Wi-Fi will also restart after the channel is switched."

Would it be possible if you could provide us the screenshot of the wi-fi settings when your device is connected to the RC's wi-fi? . Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-1
Use props
JFrost
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi everyone

I got everything sorted! Phone is connecting to RC and RC and phone to drone so problem solved.

I tried to use a OTG cable but doesn't seem to work? My phone starts to charge but can't connect to the drone. I did the usual, turn RC on, turn drone on, wait until they are connected and then plug the OTG cable in but never opens the app and when i'm already on the app, it doesn't pick up anything. Any advice?
2019-4-4
Use props
Ben Mason
Second Officer
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JFrost Posted at 4-4 03:10
Hi everyone

I got everything sorted! Phone is connecting to RC and RC and phone to drone so problem solved.

1. Make sure the controller firmware is the latest.
2. Make sure your not connected to the controllers WIFI.
3. Restart everything(including the app) and try again.

Hope this helps.
2019-4-4
Use props
fansfdd34672
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49652 ft
United States

My spark battery detached from the drone mid flight. TG no one was hurt or any RVs at the park were damaged either. The battery is broken now and the drone appears ok but scuffed up. I am really careful with it and was shocked to see this fault failure. Is this common? What fixed can DJI recommend? I am not going to fly this drone again knowing this may fail again. Please advise.
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules