Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DPAW National Parks Relax Drone Flight Regs,
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Captain
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

It would seem that the Department of Parks & Wildlife have relaxed their notification requirement/approvals for flying in their parks:
Download the links & read the literature......

2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Manxmann. Thank you for sharing this very informative information. This information will be a very big help on all our Co pilots. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-1
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-1 08:04
Hello and good day Manxmann. Thank you for sharing this very informative information. This information will be a very big help on all our Co pilots. Great find and thank you for your valued support.

You are welcome DJI Stephen.
I am sure Aussie flyers will appreciate the changes - I certainly did !

2019-4-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is encouraging to read
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Manxmann Posted at 4-2 00:50
You are welcome DJI Stephen.
I am sure Aussie flyers will appreciate the changes - I certainly did !

It is always my pleasure Manxmann. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-2
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

A J Posted at 4-2 01:51
That is encouraging to read

I suspect they had trouble keeping up with the numbers of applications/flights & the policing.  Some of our National Parks are pretty big !!
Let's hope people do the right thing eh ?
2019-4-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 4-3 00:37
I suspect they had trouble keeping up with the numbers of applications/flights & the policing.  Some of our National Parks are pretty big !!
Let's hope people do the right thing eh ?

Fingers crossed they do as they can pull out back if people don't
2019-4-3
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

A J Posted at 4-3 01:12
Fingers crossed they do as they can pull out back if people don't

Before they had this change of direction I actually went through the required process of obtaining permissions.  It was straight forward enough,  however time consuming.  Don't think you're going to call them today & fly tomorrow.
It should/will be much easier now.

How do you go in the UK for permissions AJ ?
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 4-4 00:32
Before they had this change of direction I actually went through the required process of obtaining permissions.  It was straight forward enough,  however time consuming.  Don't think you're going to call them today & fly tomorrow.
It should/will be much easier now.

It's currently more open - some national parks have no restrictions at all whilst others have straight out banned drones so you just need to research the park and adhere to the CAA drone code when you have found a place that won't get you into trouble.

Some councils have now reserved fields/areas to permit the flight of drones with relevant public liability insurance in place and banned them in the majority of places whilst some councils have not taken such action at all.

With the UK being relatively small (in comparison to Australia) you can find many safe to fly areas and parks within a one-hour drive. That said, I'm sad to say that following the Gatwick fiasco last December our government has recently initiated a formal inquiry into the ethics and safely of flying drones in UK airspace to form a new 'drone bill' - what this will look like is yet to be seen but added restrictions may be made such as flying in only designated fields and there is the small possibility of banning them for recreational use here (though highly unlikely) - time will tell.
2019-4-4
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

A J Posted at 4-4 00:54
It's currently more open - some national parks have no restrictions at all whilst others have straight out banned drones so you just need to research the park and adhere to the CAA drone code when you have found a place that won't get you into trouble.

Some councils have now reserved fields/areas to permit the flight of drones with relevant public liability insurance in place and banned them in the majority of places whilst some councils have not taken such action at all.

Yes the Gatwick buisness was a fiasco.  I cannot understand how the military were not able to take an active role.  After all,  they use drones for reconnaissance as do their adversaries,  having said that I would assume they would have some pretty tricky detection systems ?

We have had problems here (one only a couple of weeks ago) where firefighting aircraft are grounded because some XXXXXXX thinks it'd be fun to film the bushfire !   
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manxmann Posted at 4-4 01:05
Yes the Gatwick buisness was a fiasco.  I cannot understand how the military were not able to take an active role.  After all,  they use drones for reconnaissance as do their adversaries,  having said that I would assume they would have some pretty tricky detection systems ?

We have had problems here (one only a couple of weeks ago) where firefighting aircraft are grounded because some XXXXXXX thinks it'd be fun to film the bushfire !

And the recent incident of a drone in NYC hitting a police officer in the head as it fell from the air due to 0% battery... It's not looking good in many countries at the moment.

The issue is that they are easily available to anyone to buy new and used and the perception that they are toy like machines - people forget what damage these drones can do in the wrong hands. I can see a lot of restrictions over the next year or two.

I'm normally very positive when it comes to drones but I think the golden era of flying drones is behind us now - it's going to get tougher and tougher taking a photo of tree... With 200 murders in London due to gang violence and knife crimes in the past year and the UK in political chaos over Brexit you'd think they would have more important things to focus on than how far away my camera is from me when I fly over a field - it's nuts.

And as for Gatwick - I don't think there even was a drone - I think it was completely staged as a decoy to hide the incompetence of the airlines and save millions in compensation claims - just my opinion.

2019-4-4
Use props
Manxmann
Captain
Australia

We have been forewarned that as of July this year drone operators will need to be licensed.  A starting fee of $20 has been suggested.  I don't have a problem with that at all apart from;  those that flout the law anyway just won't register.  It's like other legislation it only affects the honest,  sensible & law abiding..........  and they are not the ones that need to be under the watchful eyes of authorities IMHO.
I already have an Aviation Registration Number (ARN)  - not that that will help I suppose !

Sometimes,  when I hear about the stupid things that have been done I feel ashamed to admit to being a drone hobbyist & that is just not right !  
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules