Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air QA 3.0 -- Roofs Test
1309 12 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elberti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hi all,

Can you please adivise on the strange bad quality effect over the roofs? I have noted it also on buildings with straight and parallel lines, yet here is quite noticeable.
4K 30fps 1/60 +32ND

2019-4-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice footage
2019-4-1
Use props
nywrecker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Have you tried the same scene without the +32 ND filter?
2019-4-1
Use props
elberti
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

nywrecker Posted at 4-1 05:01
Have you tried the same scene without the +32 ND filter?

I have tried other scenes without the filter and the roofs or the horizontal lines have similar look.
2019-4-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you adjusted the Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation settings in the camera menus or are they still at default values?
Also, is it safe to assume you see the same artifacts in your raw video files and not just the YT uploaded version?
2019-4-1
Use props
elberti
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KlooGee Posted at 4-1 06:52
Have you adjusted the Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation settings in the camera menus or are they still at default values?
Also, is it safe to assume you see the same artifacts in your raw video files and not just the YT uploaded version?

Kloo hi -- I know you are the right guy
Well these settings were adjusted slightly following a YT video recommendation;
And on the RAW video th effect is less noticeable, yet I can confirm is there;
Please note the RAW video whem played from the phone and when zoomed at the roof is just perfect!
What is the matter?
2019-4-1
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

elberti Posted at 4-1 07:01
Kloo hi -- I know you are the right guy
Well these settings were adjusted slightly following a YT video recommendation;
And on the RAW video th effect is less noticeable, yet I can confirm is there;

What were your adjusted settings?

Maybe try a back-to-back test with the default settings vs your customized settings to see if you find a difference.

When you upload a video to YouTube, it actually compresses it and so you lose some details.  Sometimes that compression algorithm can cause unnatural artifacts.
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day elberti. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful video you have captured using your DJI Mavic Air. Can you please try to reduce the camera sharpness  to see the differtence. Connect aircraft to the mobile device then go to the DJI Go 4 Application. Choose Camera setting then choose Style, and then choose Custom in the bottom. The first label on the left is camera sharpness ,ranging from -3 to 3, please lower 1 in value per time and check if the issue get solved. Thank you.
2019-4-1
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its just moire pattern, try reducing sharpness....
2019-4-1
Use props
the.ronin
lvl.2
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 4-1 10:33
Its just moire pattern, try reducing sharpness....

For a minute I thought that was just a typo until I googled it.

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/moire-effect
2019-4-2
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi
One classic way to reduce this phenomenon called "moiré" as above saying, is to change your aperture in a more narrow number. This means if for example the auto set is at f5.6 you try it at 1 or 2 stop down at f8 or f11. Try it. Reducing sharpness damages your footage, so prefer changing aperture and after do a post processing (always in raw format).
2019-4-2
Use props
elberti
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Monk32 Posted at 4-2 09:14
Hi
One classic way to reduce this phenomenon called "moiré" as above saying, is to change your aperture in a more narrow number. This means if for example the auto set is at f5.6 you try it at 1 or 2 stop down at f8 or f11. Try it. Reducing sharpness damages your footage, so prefer changing aperture and after do a post processing (always in raw format).

Are you sure the aperture is adjustable? As far as I know we can only go for the shutter speed changes together with ND filters to offset the aperture.
2019-4-2
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

elberti Posted at 4-2 23:25
Are you sure the aperture is adjustable? As far as I know we can only go for the shutter speed changes together with ND filters to offset the aperture.

I don't say that you can adjust it in mavic air. This is fixed. I am speaking in terms of photo technic. In our drone you only reduce moiré by reducing the image sharpness.
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules