Follow Focus wheel slow/laggy
3795 10 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I recently purchased the Ronin S essentials kit, but I also bought the focus wheel that comes with the standard kit as an accessory along with the appropriate cable. I was advised at the time that the focus wheel works perfectly with Olympus lenses as they have the same mount. Since I tethered the camera to the gimbal (using the appropriate tether mode), the follow focus seems to be very slow and laggy. Can you please advise?
2019-4-1
Use props
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just as a clarification, I'm not talking about the linear/non-linear aspects of the focusing that others have spoken about. This is effectively unusable.
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi thatfilmguy, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2019-4-2
Use props
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-2 01:28
Hi thatfilmguy, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WoHrjmAujs&feature=youtu.be
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for getting back to us. Recently we have received some feedback about the tightness of the Focus Wheel's knob, and in response to this, we have optimized the user experience and operation accuracy by adjusting the Ronin-S Focus Wheel's degree of tightness accordingly. Please do not worry, as the tightness does not affect the Focus Wheel's function. Hope for your understanding.
2019-4-8
Use props
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-8 00:50
Thanks for getting back to us. Recently we have received some feedback about the tightness of the Focus Wheel's knob, and in response to this, we have optimized the user experience and operation accuracy by adjusting the Ronin-S Focus Wheel's degree of tightness accordingly. Please do not worry, as the tightness does not affect the Focus Wheel's function. Hope for your understanding.

I believe you are misunderstanding the problem. There is nothing wrong with the tightness of the wheel!

The problem is that the focus is not pulling at all, despite me turning the wheel dozens of times to get just 1 stop of focus.

Can you please explain what the problem is and how I can fix it? This has nothing to do with the tightness of the wheel - it is not tight at all - it is very smooth! Look at the camera screen, nothing is changing in terms of focus!
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatfilmguy Posted at 4-8 06:03
I believe you are misunderstanding the problem. There is nothing wrong with the tightness of the wheel!

The problem is that the focus is not pulling at all, despite me turning the wheel dozens of times to get just 1 stop of focus.

Thanks for the clarification. May I know which camera do you use and what's the current firmware of Ronin S? You may update to the latest version and check later: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20190314/Ronin-S_Release_Notes_en.pdf
release note.png
2019-4-8
Use props
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-8 20:09
Thanks for the clarification. May I know which camera do you use and what's the current firmware of Ronin S? You may update to the latest version and check later: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20190314/Ronin-S_Release_Notes_en.pdf

Hi Susan. I am running the latest firmware on the Ronin S. I am also using the GH5. The Olympus lenses are MFT native lenses, and I have been advised by other filmmakers that these work with the Ronin S focus wheel without a problem, just as they do with MFT Lumix lenses. Can you please advise how to access the focus settings in the Ronin App? I haven't looked several times and cannot find any such setting (I have the latest version of the App)
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatfilmguy Posted at 4-9 13:13
Hi Susan. I am running the latest firmware on the Ronin S. I am also using the GH5. The Olympus lenses are MFT native lenses, and I have been advised by other filmmakers that these work with the Ronin S focus wheel without a problem, just as they do with MFT Lumix lenses. Can you please advise how to access the focus settings in the Ronin App? I haven't looked several times and cannot find any such setting (I have the latest version of the App)

Make sure everything has been connected, balanced and powered on, then launch the APP>Create>Camera to set the speed.
2019-4-10
Use props
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 4-10 01:57
Make sure everything has been connected, balanced and powered on, then launch the APP>Create>Camera to set the speed.

This worked, thank you! It seems that Olympus glass is compatible with the Ronin S. I suggested you update your compatibility list!
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

thatfilmguy Posted at 4-11 04:14
This worked, thank you! It seems that Olympus glass is compatible with the Ronin S. I suggested you update your compatibility list!

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll keep testing and update the compatibility list from time to time.
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules