Storage Discharging Mavic Air Smart Batteries?
1494 4 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the.ronin
lvl.2
United States

What is the proper way to discharge Mavic Air smart batteris for storage?  Of course I can just fly it to 50% but in the event that I cannot.

I have seen folks splice a smart battery adapter to an XT60 connector to connect to standard lipo chargers/dischargers.  But this method does not connect the balance lead so I worry about unbalanced charges across the cells.

I have also seen the USB power adapter for these batteries allowing you to charge devices off the battery which may be a better way to discharge.

Ultimately, can I just leave the battery on and let the power indicator LEDs slowly discharge away the battery until it gets to 50%?

Thanks.

2019-4-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is one of those topics you’ll get several different opinions on.  Im not a battery expert, but I don’t do anything special to discharge my batteries.  If they don’t get flown, then they auto discharge themselves.  I just make sure to top off their charge before I go fly again next time.  So far, no issues for me, but I’m only a sample of one with a total of about 12 batteries.
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day the.ronin. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Please refere to the screenshot below on how to properly store the intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic Air. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the  intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf

2019-4-1
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Between 40% and 60% like all other products
2019-4-1
Use props
the.ronin
lvl.2