1832 18 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2543268 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I just recieved my 2nd Inspire 2 and went to try my first flight.  I couldn't figure out at first why the props wouldn't mount and then I realized that the mounts were put on backward.  I went to reposition them myself and immediately stripped out the cheap torx screw used to hold the mounts on.  Please help!
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day VantageAerial 9. I am sorry to know what happened on your DJI Inspire 2. Since this issue happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

2019-4-1
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-1 10:13
Hello and good day VantageAerial 9. I am sorry to know what happened on your DJI Inspire 2. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis. You can contact our support team to start up a repair case by using this link: https://www.dji.com/support. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

There should not be a repair fee since the machine was brand new and the mounts were not properly installed!
2019-4-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wow, that's something new we've never heard about before! Would you be able to take a snapshot of these mounts? BTW, pilots shouldn't perform repairs of aircrafts ... Only qualified mechanics does that ...
2019-4-2
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2019-4-5
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169137 ft
  • >>>
United States

those torx screws are very hard  maybe a cheep torx tool and did you heat up the motor ??  t9 ??
2019-4-7
Use props
DS924
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4028425 ft
United States

I, too, have stripped out screws from the prop mounts when trying to remove them.  I read elsewhere (on this forum, I think) that one MUST apply heat to those screws before trying to remove them. Unfortunately, I read all that AFTER I had already done the damage.  I don't recommend this for your situation since you should not have to deal with this, but I got out a moto-tool and carefully cut the mounts in a way that permitted me to remove the mounts and then unscrew what was left of the screws with a small vise grips.  Of course, the mounts were trash after that but I was replacing the factory props with after-market props that included their own mounts and screws.
2019-4-8
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Any update on this issue????
2019-4-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

transit 350 Posted at 4-20 07:18
Any update on this issue????

What's the issue? The lack of skills?
2019-4-20
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was trying not to go there
2019-4-20
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-20 09:50
What's the issue? The lack of skills?

How is this a helpful comment in this thread? No I had not ever tried to replace the propeller mounts on an inspire 2 so that makes me unskilled? I watched the video that DJI provides about this subject and followed their instructions, it did not work, does that make me unskilled?  
As fas as an update on this issue...... DJI sent a new unit since this one arrived improperly assembled from the factory.
2019-4-23
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

good to hear its taken care of
2019-4-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

VantageAerial 9 Posted at 4-23 06:25
How is this a helpful comment in this thread? No I had not ever tried to replace the propeller mounts on an inspire 2 so that makes me unskilled? I watched the video that DJI provides about this subject and followed their instructions, it did not work, does that make me unskilled?  
As fas as an update on this issue...... DJI sent a new unit since this one arrived improperly assembled from the factory.

Let's not get too excited about it, my apologies if you feel intimidated. However, the tricks involved with stubborn screws removal are known for any skilled mechanic. Torx type screws are particularly sensitive to properly sized and correctly aligned wrench. If it's not going off with reasonably applied torque by hand, additional steps must be employed. Heating the screw head with soldering iron tip usually does the trick, softening threadlocking compound ...
After all, good to know the issue is resolved.
2019-4-23
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-23 09:53
Let's not get too excited about it, my apologies if you feel intimidated. However, the tricks involved with stubborn screws removal are known for any skilled mechanic. Torx type screws are particularly sensitive to properly sized and correctly aligned wrench. If it's not going off with reasonably applied torque by hand, additional steps must be employed. Heating the screw head with soldering iron tip usually does the trick, softening threadlocking compound ...
After all, good to know the issue is resolved.

Intimidated? That is a dumb choice of words.  It just seems a waste of time for someone to come on to a forum meant to help people and try to feel superior because they are more versed in torx screw removal than the person asking for help.  Why waste everyones time?
2019-4-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

VantageAerial 9 Posted at 4-23 11:23
Intimidated? That is a dumb choice of words.  It just seems a waste of time for someone to come on to a forum meant to help people and try to feel superior because they are more versed in torx screw removal than the person asking for help.  Why waste everyones time?

OK, you asked for this ... You attempted to remove the screws, right? You stripped the first one, sending iron debris down to a magnets inside motor shell, right? Oops, let's try another one! Oops, stripped again ... Help!
How dumb is that? How we can help you at this moment?
2019-4-23
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-23 11:51
OK, you asked for this ... You attempted to remove the screws, right? You stripped the first one, sending iron debris down to a magnets inside motor shell, right? Oops, let's try another one! Oops, stripped again ... Help!
How dumb is that? How we can help you at this moment?

You did it! Way to prove your point.
2019-4-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

VantageAerial 9 Posted at 4-23 11:23
Intimidated? That is a dumb choice of words.  It just seems a waste of time for someone to come on to a forum meant to help people and try to feel superior because they are more versed in torx screw removal than the person asking for help.  Why waste everyones time?

come on now, lets be nice. Matthew is a great contributor on the forum.
DJI does a pretty good job to basic instructions but sometimes they take some things for granted.

Please note, that DJI uses a red Loctite thread locker on the T9 bolts that fasten the prop hubs at the factory. These can be a royal pain to loosen sometimes. Use a hot soldering iron tip (about 450C) on the head of the screws for about 35 seconds to melt the Loctite glue. Then carefully loosen the T9 bolts after heating. Be sure to clean off the bolts if you plan on using them again. This will work and just take your time.  Also, Ifixit has screw driver sets with the torx drivers and they are very good quality without breaking the bank
Rich
Ifixit tool kit on Amazon
Link to DJI Thread locker
2019-4-25
Use props
VantageAerial 9
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 4-25 20:49
come on now, lets be nice. Matthew is a great contributor on the forum.
DJI does a pretty good job to basic instructions but sometimes they take some things for granted.

Thank you for the helpful info!
  I did successfully remove one of the screws with minimal damage, it was the second one that proved to be my demise.  Afterwards I realized this should not be something I need to deal with and damaged the first one worse putting it back in.  No doubt it was my mediocre torx set that put things over the edge.  

If I have to make this kind of repair in the future I will hopefully be much more successful.  Thanks for the help!
2019-4-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

VantageAerial 9 Posted at 4-26 17:15
Thank you for the helpful info!
  I did successfully remove one of the screws with minimal damage, it was the second one that proved to be my demise.  Afterwards I realized this should not be something I need to deal with and damaged the first one worse putting it back in.  No doubt it was my mediocre torx set that put things over the edge.  

Thanks
I saw this post the other day and sorry that I didn't weigh into the discussion sooner. To be frank, I have not been able to get time for the forum these past few months.  

Just be sure to use a blue Loctite on these parts in the future, because the RED is to much IMO especially on things that will be serviced by the user.

Rich
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules