Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller became unresponsive after take off
735 4 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CPLANK00
lvl.1

United States

I'm new to the scene. I flew my spark once so far and got some great video! I fell in love with the hobby immediately.  

Tonight I got my drone out to fly it in the back yard just to practice the maneuvering etc. I have to fly it w/o my phone connected due to an airport being about 6 miles away. It won't let me take off. I know the rules and I went no higher than 50 ft which is as high as my backyard trees.

Well about 3 minutes into the flight the remote started to beep. Not a fast beep. I started flying it back to my driveway where I took off and about 15 ft from the driveway and 10ft high it became unresponsive. It dropped down to about a foot off the grass and hovered. I had to grab the drone and disconnect the battery mid flight.  I am sure that wasn't healthy but didn't know what else to do.  I know I have watched a tutorial video on this but couldn't remember how to fix it or why it did it. The battery I used had 3 lights on them when I started flying. I'm not sure what else to say. It all seemed normal like the first time I flew it.  Thanks in advance!!
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. There are instances wherein the RC will beep in different scenarios  such as when the battery charge is low, if the remote controller is not connected to the aircraft, or the remote controller is not used for five minutes, it will make a beeping sound for one minute and then power off. I would recommend using a mobile device so that we could monitor the condition of your aircraft while flying and be able to check if we will encounter a prompt/error message. Please fly the drone wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. Hope that this information would help you out in regards to this query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Next time just grab it and flip it on the side. It's a 90° kill switch
2019-4-1
Use props
CPLANK00
lvl.1

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-1 18:38
Next time just grab it and flip it on the side. It's a 90° kill switch

Awesome! Thanks....I kinda forgot I posted this. I figured it out......I am in a no fly zone by about 50 ft. LOL  So if I cross the road and go north about 50 ft or so I can use the drone.

I Love this thing. It is so much fun and I am getting better at editing the video's. I appreciate the help!  The 90 degree thing is something I obviously didn't know about.  

Thanks!!
2019-6-22
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Are you inside Class E space?

Today, Airmap showed that I was MILES away from Class E space or anything else, but GO4 still warned me about airports.

I tend to fly low amongst trees and buildings. There if I'm going to interfere with manned aircraft, he has a lot more than my 300g drone to worry about.
2019-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules