Lost my Mavic Pro Platinum. Can anyone help pinpoint?
986 14 2019-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxxrussia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75787 ft
United States

Good Evening Everyone,

I am new to the DJI world and the Forum as well.

I sadly encountered an unfortunate experience last night. I was flying my drone and the controller just disconnected from the drone. Meaning it just lost total signal with the Drone.

I've reached out to a few people on FB forums and have shared my flight logs. Although from what the guy was telling me was that I had bad cell deviation on Cell 3. Saying that there was 100% radio signal then nothing. So he explained that it more than likely fell from the sky like a brick.

My question is, with the last known coordinates. Can I take the last recorded speed it was traveling- Times it by the height of which the drone was at? And calculate where it could of possible fell or how far it traveled?

I feel as this may narrow my search perimeter a little bit more!

If I need to post and share my flight record with Air Data, I have the link on Standby. Please let me know your email or I can post it onto the thread as well.

Thanks in Advance!
2019-4-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day maxxrussia. I'm really sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

if you like, share your flightlog using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-4-2
Use props
maxxrussia
lvl.1
United States

JJB* Posted at 4-2 08:00
if you like, share your flightlog using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers

Why can't I just copy and paste my air data flight record link on here?
2019-4-2
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

maxxrussia Posted at 4-2 13:15
Why can't I just copy and paste my air data flight record link on here?

You can - just include the option 'Original' in Airdatas share settings.
2019-4-2
Use props
maxxrussia
lvl.1
United States

Keule Posted at 4-2 13:32
You can - just include the option 'Original' in Airdatas share settings.

https://app.airdata.com/flight/efd8c9d86d7a3dd7f5c7f4746f6ed98d/GENERALNotifications
2019-4-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

maxxrussia Posted at 4-2 13:15
Why can't I just copy and paste my air data flight record link on here?

Hi maxxrusia,

Had a look at your flightlog.

Battery looks fine, max deviation between cells = 42mVolts. (that is OK)
I have seen many logs with high cell deviation, and they do not fall out of the sky!

A warning high in the beginning of the flight : "Ambient Light too Weak. Forwardobstacle sensing is unavailable..please ensure safety during the flight"Not that bad mayby but in case of a RTH is cannot sense obstacles.

At 5m15s and 5m54s twice the messages "Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block." ( at distance 3960 and 4719 feet away from home)
Mayby not that strange as you were flying at low altitude (75 feet) relative to distance. Signal blocked by buildings ?

At 5m57s the last data is written in te log, disconnected. Distance 4790 at height 76 feet in Sport mode.

Now it should RTH after 3 seconds! If it did and why not (no compass etc errors in this log) it fly back at 98 feet in line towards home.
if the forward sensors are not active (low leight) AND it did not arrive at the HP ; mayby it crashed into a building? (half way the line back is a high buidling?)

Hope i am wrong and you can find the MP!

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2019-4-2
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 4-2 23:19
Hi maxxrusia,

Had a look at your flightlog.
[Image]

Indeed possible to check near a high bulding between homepoint and last point of signal. As you were flying in sportsmode it only returns home in the height you have set ( how hight did you set the tlrth?) then check a bulding which is higher then the set rth height. Unfortunately because you were flying in sportsmode , the front sensors are not active, so i am almost sure it flew into something
2019-4-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronie1965 Posted at 4-3 03:09
Indeed possible to check near a high bulding between homepoint and last point of signal. As you were flying in sportsmode it only returns home in the height you have set ( how hight did you set the tlrth?) then check a bulding which is higher then the set rth height. Unfortunately because you were flying in sportsmode , the front sensors are not active, so i am almost sure it flew into something

Hi,

Do i understand you wrong? see the manual. So OP AC will increase height to 98 feet (his rth height)

In RTH the fwd sensors are active (if not disabled or not sensing due low light), imo it does not matter if you were flying P-GPS or SPORT mode, RTH is RTH mode.
But mayby i am wrong.

cheers
JJB

RTHmp.png
2019-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I know this is harsh, but a novice shouldn't be flying over a populated area, with or without permission.
Why were you flying beyond unaided line of sight?
Did you give any thought to obstacles breaking your signal? Your altitude is low, so you are asking for a disconnect.
If your drone has crashed and damaged someone's property, are you going to own up and pay for it?
2019-4-3
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 4-3 03:54
Hi,

Do i understand you wrong? see the manual. So OP AC will increase height to 98 feet (his rth height)
[Image]

Yeah , you might actually  be right that it wil enable sensors when in rth mode. Its only when using the actual sportsmode the are disabled
2019-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-3 03:58
I know this is harsh, but a novice shouldn't be flying over a populated area, with or without permission.
Did you give any thought to obstacles breaking your signal? Your altitude is low, so you are asking for a disconnect.

Worth a look.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-185613-1-1.html
2019-4-3
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-4-3
Use props
maxxrussia
lvl.1
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-3 03:58

I will certainly own up to it and pay for it.

Although it has been almost a week now and have not heard anything.

I cannot find it anywhere. I checked in with the building that it was in line of RTH and checked in with security. They have no drone or any record of it being turned in. I am assuming it is somewhere between the original last known location and home point.

I have flown this route many times and have never had any issues. This is the first time out of the 10 flights I have done that I have had this issue come up.
2019-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

maxxrussia Posted at 4-3 19:55
I will certainly own up to it and pay for it.

Although it has been almost a week now and have not heard anything.

There are a couple of things you might clear up, did you have OA turned on ?
Did you receive any warning during flight that ambient light was to weak for sensors ?
Was your RTH height higher than and building in its path ?

If OA was off or not available and you were lower than obstacles, then your craft could have crashed.
If OA was working and had enough light, it should have reached obstacle then attempted to climb until it was 5/10 metres above obstacle and continued home.

Start a case with dji and see if they can come up with more.
I wish you luck .
2019-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules