NEW INSPIRE 2 with 4 batteries TB55 long range battery
6956 26 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Octavian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56158 ft
Romania

1.  Any hints if TB55 battery can be used on Inspire 2, instead of TB50?
If Yes, how much extra time do you get?
2 .  According to this product from Nitecore https://charger.nitecore.com/product/dpe1 it is possible to use TB55 on Inspire 2.
Does somebody have Nitecore DPE1 product? How the drone is flying with 4 battery? It is stable? My concern is regarding extra weight on struts and possible motor assembly detachment due to the fact, it is only glued to the arm.
Any info regarding those 2 things will be great

20190326151543_46079.jpg
2019-4-2
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Holy sh*t .... that looks ... sketchy but awesome !!!
2019-4-2
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-2 01:28
Holy sh*t .... that looks ... sketchy but awesome !!!

I have many Nitecore products. Excellent quality. But I didn't find anything about DPE1 device and TB55 battery. Nothing on internet or YouTube.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The TB55 batteries are too large, which will affect the raising and lowering of the Inspire 2’s landing gears, therefore, the TB55 can't be used on our Inspire 2. Never use them with the Inspire 2. The image that you've provided to us is not recommended by DJI, therefore, we couldn't guarantee the outcome and this may cause a problem with the aircraft. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-2
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

Here is the flight time
With TB55 you get 10 minutes more.
20190326151548_17489.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Octavian Posted at 4-3 00:55
Here is the flight time
With TB55 you get 10 minutes more.

did you find any information about price and availability ?
2019-4-3
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-3 02:37
did you find any information about price and availability ?

They were launched in 26 march this year. No price info. Expect around 40$.
2019-4-3
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Octavian Posted at 4-3 05:04
They were launched in 26 march this year. No price info. Expect around 40$.

haha I think you are quite optimistic .... I would guess 200-400 $$$
2019-4-3
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-3 23:18
haha I think you are quite optimistic .... I would guess 200-400 $$$

Nitecore gun mounts or bicycle mounts are around 5$. This is nothing more then a Nitecore mount with a conector. At 200-400$ range nobody will buy it. Plus extra batteries. With 400$ you can buy flashlights form Nitecore TM series the most expensive from Nitecore
2019-4-3
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-4-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oops, my mistake ...
2019-4-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Among many matured Inspire 2 pilots this device is considered as a dangerous April fool joke, not recommended by all means.
Anybody for 37+ minutes of flight time
2019-4-9
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-9 14:58
Among many matured Inspire 2 pilots this device is considered as a dangerous April fool joke, not recommended by all means.

Is more dangerous then doing this: cutting the tip of the propellers and flying with a heavy bag under?

Or carrying huge boxes full with 100 packs of cigarettes across the Romanian-Ukrainian border?https://forum.dji.com/thread-85043-1-1.html
2019-4-10
Use props
Octavian
lvl.2
Romania

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-9 14:58

Is more dangerous than doing this: cutting the tip of the propellers and flying with a heavy bag under?

Or carrying huge boxes full with 100 packs of cigarettes across the Romanian-Ukrainian border? https://forum.dji.com/thread-85043-1-1.html
2019-4-10
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Octavian Posted at 4-10 01:09
Is more dangerous than doing this: cutting the tip of the propellers and flying with a heavy bag under?

Or carrying huge boxes full with 100 packs of cigarettes across the Romanian-Ukrainian border? https://forum.dji.com/thread-85043-1-1.html

Yep. The difference between "stunts" with risk mitigation and providing a product to the public that increases risk substantially is obvious
I don't care if they sell it, and people buy it. It's a free country. Naturally if its an unsafe product we'll see it fail to be adopted
2019-4-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Octavian Posted at 4-10 01:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzVbbl3RA7o

We've seen things on YTube which are questioning our humanity, but in most cases such "experiments" affects the safety or property of "stunt" performer only.  In this case the device in question may affect the safety of innocent, unaware and valuable members of our kind. I have no intention nor rights to tell you what you can or can not do. I'm just expressing my personal opinion about it, based on my knowledge and skills.
2019-4-10
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-10 09:58
We've seen things on YTube which are questioning our humanity, but in most cases such "experiments" affects the safety or property of "stunt" performer only.  In this case the device in question may affect the safety of innocent, unaware and valuable members of our kind. I have no intention nor rights to tell you what you can or can not do. I'm just expressing my personal opinion about it, based on my knowledge and skills.

not questioning your skills and knowledge - but let´s still have an open discussion ;)  ... I also have doubts ... but flying above people with a non redundant bird would be the biggest questioning of humanity in the first pace.

I could see this working totally fine when the pilot flies non aggressively - applied forces and wear and tear could (you might convince me I am wrong )  be similar to someone racing and breaking the aircraft hard.
Sure this extra weight would not be something for everyday use but for certain filming applications I think this could be a game changer.

I think it would be interesting to see how much hotter the motors get when adding some payload the same weight as two TB55 + 203g and let it hover for some time !?

2019-4-11
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-11 02:38
not questioning your skills and knowledge - but let´s still have an open discussion ;)  ... I also have doubts ... but flying above people with a non redundant bird would be the biggest questioning of humanity in the first pace.

I could see this working totally fine when the pilot flies non aggressively - applied forces and wear and tear could (you might convince me I am wrong )  be similar to someone racing and breaking the aircraft hard.

Flo, I can elaborate on this issue in technical details trying to explain the flight range limitations of any gravity fighting apparatus, but it'll be long and boring. Just trust me: it is a suicidal approach ...
2019-4-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-11 08:57
Flo, I can elaborate on this issue in technical details trying to explain the flight range limitations of any gravity fighting apparatus, but it'll be long and boring. Just trust me: it is a suicidal approach ...

Sounds interesting to me ... but lots of typing for you so if you got some links to read up on this - save your time  ... I would be happy to get more educated ....
2019-4-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-12 01:59
Sounds interesting to me ... but lots of typing for you so if you got some links to read up on this - save your time  ... I would be happy to get more educated ....

For well over 100 years engineers are trying to solve this dilemma ... How much fuel a given aircraft can carry to get the most reasonable range/payload ratio? Other words: when an aircraft will start to struggle lifting the fuel rather than a payload? At some point adding more fuel will result in burning most of it just to take off and maintain the flight of bulky fuel tank rather than performing the mission. Look at the enormous tanks of Columbia shuttle ...
The theory behind this issue is not that easy to access and digest, but Google is your best fiend ...
2019-4-12
Use props
dominicboos
New
Trinidad and Tobago

I found this product a while back but I couldn't find any information about it and I just left it.  I suddenly remembered it today and went looking again and I found one video which Nitecore has commented on saying the price is $219.00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdkTTPaFET4

@Flo The Pirate you were spot on!

It will be very interesting to see how this product performs with real use.  
Have a great day everyone!
2019-5-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dominicboos Posted at 5-18 07:59
I found this product a while back but I couldn't find any information about it and I just left it.  I suddenly remembered it today and went looking again and I found one video which Nitecore has commented on saying the price is $219.00.

Very laconic comments are posted below, but my skepticism remains. There's no reason to transform elegant, fast and swift aircraft into a flimsy, bulky fuel carrier. Plain stupid idea, IMHO.

https://inspirepilots.com/thread ... e.22624/post-198686
2019-5-18
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-12 11:19
For well over 100 years engineers are trying to solve this dilemma ... How much fuel a given aircraft can carry to get the most reasonable range/payload ratio? Other words: when an aircraft will start to struggle lifting the fuel rather than a payload? At some point adding more fuel will result in burning most of it just to take off and maintain the flight of bulky fuel tank rather than performing the mission. Look at the enormous tanks of Columbia shuttle ...
The theory behind this issue is not that easy to access and digest, but Google is your best fiend ...

I get what u are saying but following the link you provided the guy is getting 50% more flight time (and is claiming better stability of the aircraft) - i know it would be great to get 100% longer flight ( and it shows that dji probably hit the sweet spot ) but for me as a film maker this could still be a more than 50% benefit as i could save the energy and time to get the drone (back) into filming position and once return to home. So as i like to not fligh aggressivly and fast,  i argue you that this could benefit my use case up to 75% ;) .... what is a not too bad ratio

2019-5-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Flo the Pirate Posted at 5-19 05:23
I get what u are saying but following the link you provided the guy is getting 50% more flight time (and is claiming better stability of the aircraft) - i know it would be great to get 100% longer flight ( and it shows that dji probably hit the sweet spot ) but for me as a film maker this could still be a more than 50% benefit as i could save the energy and time to get the drone (back) into filming position and once return to home. So as i like to not fligh aggressivly and fast,  i argue you that this could benefit my use case up to 75% ;) .... what is a not too bad ratio

Flo, your arguments are making sense. We all know that Inspire 2 is incredibly potent and powerful, she'll handle such abuse easily. Bottom line: if (rarely) some 10 min extra of flight time is required, this device may deliver indeed. But - again - every molecule in my brain screams NO when considering it as a permanent mod.

In early days of my adventure with DJI quads I've developed floats for Inspire 1Pro. This elaborate device worked perfectly, allowing for safe take off and landing on water. It was a must since I was operating the machine single-handedly off the boat. However, the drone lost some 3 minutes of flight time, all swiftness and grace. The floats saved my bird once when performing emergency landing with no power left, but that's all. The floats were abandoned once I mastered hand catching technique ...

2019-5-19
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-19 11:48
Flo, your arguments are making sense. We all know that Inspire 2 is incredibly potent and powerful, she'll handle such abuse easily. Bottom line: if (rarely) some 10 min extra of flight time is required, this device may deliver indeed. But - again - every molecule in my brain screams NO when considering it as a permanent mod.

In early days of my adventure with DJI quads I've developed floats for Inspire 1Pro. This elaborate device worked perfectly, allowing for safe take off and landing on water. It was a must since I was operating the machine single-handedly off the boat. However, the drone lost some 3 minutes of flight time, all swiftness and grace. The floats saved my bird once when performing emergency landing with no power left, but that's all. The floats were abandoned once I mastered hand catching technique ...

wow ! that looks awesome smart construction! how much weight did it add ?
2019-5-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Impressive looking set up
2019-5-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Flo the Pirate Posted at 5-20 00:15
wow ! that looks awesome smart construction! how much weight did it add ?

A mere 300 G, if I remember correctly.
2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules