Becomes NLD better then DJI?? Mavic 2 Rooted !!!
4561 9 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Hi, take a look @ this Blog from NLD.

1.9 - The Holy Grail of Releases
Monday, April 1, 2019
Hi all, yes, thats a pretty bold title, but trust us when we say this is what you have all been waiting for. We are about ready to drop a bombshell ;)
As hundreds of people in the support system have been reminding us, yesterday was the last day of March and we still haven't dropped the M2 release. That's all about to change.
There is going to be a HUGE update to NLD within the next 48 hrs, hopefully sooner.
Anti rollback on any firmware is totally defeated. We have found a brand new method that allows a straight flash from any firmware, to any other firmware without the step to intermediate ones. This, combined with the new flashing system should ensure a 100% complete flash on any bird to any compatible firmware. Not even DJI does this!
Oh, speaking of flashing and downgrading, this one is huge. For the first time ever, firmware flashing with NLD will be 100% FREE!! This is a great win for the community and of course allows new NLD customers to test out one aspect of our software before the commit to purchasing the full version, we hope you enjoy this change.
Lastly, full details of exactly what is included in adding the Mavic 2 to our platform will come with the release notes, but trust us, this will have been worth the wait!
Let us tie up a couple of loose ends, get some final testing in and look for the new update coming to your NLD very soon.
PS, no, this is NOT an April fools joke!
/all at NoLimitDronez.

2019-4-2
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

What I also read is you don't have to use DJI Assistant anymore.
2019-4-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

What exactly would that bring to us, being able to flash and use other firmwares?
2019-4-2
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

To get the most out of your bird
2019-4-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Belgium

What does that mean? Faster speeds? Not needed. Will only reduce battery life. Longer range? More than enough. It's only legal to fly in visible range anyway.
Please elaborate.
2019-4-2
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

It's for people who wants to unlock there bird, just read the info on NLD, instead of ask for the sake of asking
2019-4-2
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

I always liked the idea of rooting devices, I did that back then on my iPhone and iPod touch etc. but rooting a drone and disabling limits is causing people to break laws. The NFZs are there for a reason. (I know some are bugged but that's a rarity) And the laws are there for a reason, too. You can read about dangerous situations where drones were involved more and more often in the news. It's only a matter of time until drones are restricted even more, thus making them unusable for recreation usage. And I say that from the view of someone who is already very restricted, especially here in germany where drone laws are extremely harsh, you can almost fly nowhere, even though it often makes no sense.
2019-4-2
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

Agree what you say above, but you can also fly safer! like faster RTH (to fight agains the wind) , some higher takeoff height. Extend obstacle avoidance to stop earlier.
and more smooth camera settings in tripod mode.
2019-4-3
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

saviour Posted at 4-2 03:14
What does that mean? Faster speeds? Not needed. Will only reduce battery life. Longer range? More than enough. It's only legal to fly in visible range anyway.
Please elaborate.

Hi Saviour,
I adopted NLD and hope to clarify its value to the DJI droning community.
When I purchased my drones, the firmware from DJI had no NFZ restrictions and in my particular circumstances, all I needed to do to fly within the zone was to obtain permission from the Air Traffic Controller. A simple phone call.
Even with the latest firmware, I can still do that, BUT because Guernsey, Jersey and France are also 'embeded' in the zone, this is actually impractical. There is nowhere on the island the drone can fly, because of France. The Director of the airports acknowledge this and accept that the overlaps from other countries is unfortunate, but I only need the local permission. DJI's system prevents that being possible.. They cannot be unlocked without written permission from all countries.
Why do I want to fly within the airport zone?
My photography interests are catered for with low height and close in shots of the coast, bunkers and forts. Most of the island is in the 2 km zone where these reside. The Island tourism advertising benefits greatly from the photos, which is a lucky spin-off for something I enjoy.
I use NLD so I can fly legally, here on the island, just like I did when I first bought my drones.
Get permission, switch on, up I go. just like the good old days.
The NLD software is not illegal to use. It puts the responsibility in the hands of the user. OK, that hasn't changed because of the NFZs, but the poorly implemented process by DJI has rendered flying unmanageable.
There will be people who will misuse the NLD software, but they will find a way with or without NLD software. Just like the recent interference with UK airports. They will also pay the price if caught.
It would be fine with me if the zones were marked, but unlocking wasn't needed.
2019-4-3
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Germany

AlansDronePics Posted at 4-3 01:40
Hi Saviour,
I adopted NLD and hope to clarify its value to the DJI droning community.
When I purchased my drones, the firmware from DJI had no NFZ restrictions and in my particular circumstances, all I needed to do to fly within the zone was to obtain permission from the Air Traffic Controller. A simple phone call.

Thank you very much for clarifying.
2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules