Flight Simulator has virus
8167 30 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
janalmere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80896 ft
Netherlands

I have tried to install a new version om the flight simulator (2.2.0.0). It is not possible to install it because DJI_FS.exe contains a virus! I have made no backup of the older version. Will DJI look into it?
2019-4-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What anti virus software are you running?
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day janalmere. I am sorry for the trouble. Are you able to provide us a screenshot of the said issue for us to help you further. Please keep us posted on the said issue. Thank you.
2019-4-2
Use props
janalmere
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80896 ft
Netherlands

I included a screenshot in this message. My virus protection keeps the file DJI_FS.exe in quarantine Trojan/Crypt.x.pack.gen
error.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

janalmere Posted at 4-3 05:50
I included a screenshot in this message. My virus protection keeps the file DJI_FS.exe in quarantine Trojan/Crypt.x.pack.gen

Hi janalmere, the latest version is v1.4.0.0 released on 14th, March, please make sure you are downloading from the official website: https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads
The anti-virus software is reporting false positives, you can install DJI Flight Simulator with peace of mind.
2019-4-3
Use props
djiuser_LexM6NaccJfK
New
United States

Updated to the new version and I’m having the the same issue Windows Defender is telling me there is a virus.  
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_LexM6NaccJfK Posted at 4-10 18:09
Updated to the new version and I’m having the the same issue Windows Defender is telling me there is a virus.

Hi there, the anti-virus software is reporting false positives, you can install DJI Flight Simulator with peace of mind as long as it is downloaded in our official website.
2019-4-10
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone.  I am having the same problem.  I upgraded to the latest version and now something is telling me that the DJI_FS.exe file contains a virus.  I have Windows defender and Malware Bytes.  I have turned them both off (I Think ) but still get the same message (see screenshot) and I don't know where its coming from.  So although I trust DJI software, I don;t know what to switch off to let it install.   

I had the previous version (took ages to sort the firewall issues) which is amazing software.  Any help to sort this would be appreciated.     [img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/ [/img]

Weirdly when this error is on screen windows wont do a screenshot ? ? , so this image is photo off screen....
2019-4-15
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
United Kingdom

? ? ? ?
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi FredAstra, may I know what's the OS of your PC? You may uninstall the software and download the latest version from DJI website to see whether it helps.
2019-4-15
Use props
FredAstra
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-15 22:14
Hi FredAstra, may I know what's the OS of your PC? You may uninstall the software and download the latest version from DJI website to see whether it helps.

Hi Stephen

Thanks for the reply.  I have Windows 10 Professional.  I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times directly from your website and once via a link from an admin here.

I have noticed that if file manager is open on screen during installation at c:\program files (x86)/DJI Flight Simulator.   I see the file DJI_FS.exe appears and then seconds later disappears :-(    I have  seen this with Defender and Malware bytes both disabled ?
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

FredAstra Posted at 4-16 00:05
Hi Stephen

Thanks for the reply.  I have Windows 10 Professional.  I have uninstalled and re-installed it several times directly from your website and once via a link from an admin here.

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers and see if there are better suggestions.
2019-4-16
Use props
DEW's Views
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue.  Definitely downloaded it from the official DJI product page.  Here's what McAfee indicated:   I know that it is not unheard of for some applications to trip a false positive on A/V software, but it is certainly not commonplace and this is CLEARLY a problem the DJI needs to resolve.  
2019-4-20
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

WINdefender allways erease my installation with trojan error : -(
2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_GQjT0XrjWTzl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49633 ft

United Kingdom

Yup same thing excatly as you describe, I just tried a few times to install, but my anti-Virus WARNED ME it contains MALWARE can someone get the low down on this, as even when AVG was disabled Windows Protector Zapped it as DANGEROUS, WOT IS GOING ON, can't we Trust DJI anymore?
2019-4-29
Use props
djiuser_GQjT0XrjWTzl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49633 ft

United Kingdom

I tried the so-called Official site for download but the virus is there AS WELL hey DJI get this sorted, You owe it to us
2019-4-29
Use props
Cdov
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-3 18:40
Hi janalmere, the latest version is v1.4.0.0 released on 14th, March, please make sure you are downloading from the official website: https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads
The anti-virus software is reporting false positives, you can install DJI Flight Simulator with peace of mind.

This link to has the infected file. I'm using Webroot as virus protection it made the file DJI_FS.exe hiden from windows and when trying to reinstall at the same location the installer can't overwrite the previous one
2019-5-19
Use props
Inspireart
lvl.1
United States

Has this been resolved. Malware Bytes, Windows Defender and Malwarebytes thinks is a really nasty piece of ransomware...
2019-5-21
Use props
maukkis
New
Flight distance : 7707 ft
Finland

i have the same problem i just wanna practice
2019-5-27
Use props
Marcenger
New

France

The same here, in France. I've downloaded DJI flight simulator but Kapersky AV warned me that there's a dangerous virus inside it. I've read all your comments and I'm very upset !! Why DJI doesn't find what's wrong ? It's really weird. I was very interested by this simulator and I'd bought a new PC for use it. I can't do now nothing but wait until this issue will be resolved....Grrrrrn
2019-5-27
Use props
fansd04c8fc7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33018 ft
United States

Add Google/Chrome to the list.

How many more major anti-virus software applications is it going to take? You guys need to take this seriously, this post is over 2 months old.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Hi there, we just got an update from the team that the virus issue has been fixed, please kindly download the latest version and check whether it works. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us, thanks!
2019-6-21
Use props
fansd04c8fc7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33018 ft
Canada

Nope, same thing, Chrome won't even download it.

I have to say, this isn't reassuring. DJI is already being called out by the US Department of Homeland Security
2019-6-24
Use props
fans97fe931d
lvl.1

you need to install the program in the Program Files and not the Program Files x86 the program is 32 bit not 64
2019-9-8
Use props
fans97fe931d
lvl.1

you need to install the program in the Program Files and not the Program Files x86 the program is 32 bit not 64
2019-9-8
Use props
fans97fe931d
lvl.1

2019-9-8
Use props
jhclifton
New

United States

I still get same even after downloading newest version.

2022-1-12
Use props
Colin80Duncan
lvl.1

Canada

Guys, may I join your discussion? By the way, I can confidently say that cannabis is the best product for relaxing, so I also started using it myself. Accordingly, I also advise you to try to consume CBD from this source https://westcoastsupply.cc where there is all the information about the type of this product. Therefore, you can also look at this if you have a desire to find a good treatment for yourself.
2022-4-28
Use props
LeslieGibbs
lvl.1

Ukraine

thx for advice guys!
2022-7-10
Use props
wbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 277037 ft
United States

welcome to the world wide web
2022-7-10
Use props
poly88
New

India

Hello, can I participate in your conversation? Also, based on my personal experience, I believe that cannabis is an excellent product for relaxation. As a result, I have started using it myself and would recommend trying CBD products from an online site, that provides detailed information about the various types available. If you are interested in finding an effective treatment for yourself, you may want to consider exploring this option.
2023-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules