Which is the best price/product DJI drone?
2553 16 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Imagine you´d like to start a small drone business. Not a high end cinematic thing, but  a small enterprise (like photography at small parties, maybe just taking pics of scenery, etc). Naturally, you won´t have all the money you´d ike to have, so you are going to have to find the drone which has the best price/product ratio. Now, Which DJI quad do you think is the most suitable for this kind of thing (and has the best price)?

2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Pedro Castelani. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Actually all of the consumer drones of DJI are great to start a small drone business. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give you there insights with regards to this matter. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can compare the overviews and the specifications of DJI consumer drones. Thank you for choosing DJI and for your support.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav
2019-4-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm not sure about Argentina, but if you were in the USA, and if you shopped eBay carefully, you could get a used P2V+ for around $200 or maybe a bit more which will fit your needs wonderfully.  

Good luck.
2019-4-2
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-2 14:13
I'm not sure about Argentina, but if you were in the USA, and if you shopped eBay carefully, you could get a used P2V+ for around $200 or maybe a bit more which will fit your needs wonderfully.  

Good luck.

Good idea. Only problem is that P2s are quite old, and finding one in a good condition is quite hard. I saw a couple wich were interesting though...
2019-4-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pedro Castelani Posted at 4-2 14:40
Good idea. Only problem is that P2s are quite old, and finding one in a good condition is quite hard. I saw a couple wich were interesting though...

Aloha Pedro,

The Mavic Air Fly More Combo is $1000 US and has three batteries and other supplemental equipment.  As a new product, it would be a good start.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Most answers will be biased based on what the author uses himself.

I would suggest that questions need answering to arrive at a good answer / compromise :

1. Will indoor be required ? Or will always be outdoor ?
2. Confined areas or wide open ?
3. Weather prevalent in the area intended, such as winds ?
4. Range and aspects needed ?

Depending on the answers to above could indicate any of the DJI from a P2 ... through to Mavics and Spark.

I have to say that being biased as an owner of both P3S and P3P .... the P3P gets my vote as it is stable even in moderate winds ... can fly indoors as long as reasonable size room .... has HD video / photos with excellent stability..... price is a lot lower than a Mavic ....
If I did not have the P3P .... then I would consider a P4 comparing the various versions of the 4 and pricing.
2019-4-3
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

solentlife Posted at 4-3 11:30
Most answers will be biased based on what the author uses himself.

I would suggest that questions need answering to arrive at a good answer / compromise :

Yep, quite right about it. Imagine you have less than 800 dollars. Should you choose a regular Mavic Air, a Phantom 3 or 2 (used), a Spark, or a Mavic Pro (old version)?
I´m considering it is a relatively small photographic business, maybe doing party shots, or small-scale filming. Indoor flight doesn´t really matter (I got good open spaces), as does wind resistance (I don´t plan on flying in extremely harsh conditions.
2019-4-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Having had occasion for videoing an RC Car race meeting ... my P3P was positioned near the 'jump' ... and next to it was a Mavic ...

The owner of the Mavic was upset that the P3P stayed rock steady - but his Mavic had to abort and pull away due to its moving about.

This backed up what had been observed elsewhere at flying meetings. The owner also has a P3 ... guess what he uses since for any show videos ... it is not the Mavic.

At about 4:50 in the video here .....

Day was not windy at all ... but my P3P upset the Mavic enough.

If $800 is the max ..... then a 2nd hand P4 or a good bundle deal on a P3P would be my aim.
2019-4-4
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

solentlife Posted at 4-4 01:03
Having had occasion for videoing an RC Car race meeting ... my P3P was positioned near the 'jump' ... and next to it was a Mavic ...

The owner of the Mavic was upset that the P3P stayed rock steady - but his Mavic had to abort and pull away due to its moving about.

Really liked the car race. An used P4 might be a good idea
2019-4-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

In one word, Inspire... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-4-4
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I got my Mavic Pro + Fly more combo through the page of a good friend for 901 Euros less than a year ago, now it is not possible to get it for that price. It's the best price I've paid for a DJI product and it takes only 16 days to arrive
of course the savings is in the non-payment by the customs
2019-4-4
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

RedHotPoker Posted at 4-4 15:50
In one word, Inspire... ;-)

Just a tad more than his request :

Imagine you have less than 800 dollars
2019-4-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

Pedro Castelani Posted at 4-4 12:37
Really liked the car race. An used P4 might be a good idea

Its good fun when we cannot fly.

I'm setting up an off-road car track at my house .... should be completed this summer.

I have Lap timer / monitor ...
2019-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 4-5 00:18
Just a tad more than his request :

Buy a refurbished model. ;-)

Not sure what their price tag may be...
There are many other manufacturers too...

RedHotPoker
2019-4-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

RedHotPoker Posted at 4-5 00:30
Buy a refurbished model. ;-)

Not sure what their price tag may be...

I would assume that any Inspire at $800 or so would be in need of TLC ??

Probably more a Spares item ... than a functional machine.
2019-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

solentlife Posted at 4-5 01:08
I would assume that any Inspire at $800 or so would be in need of TLC ??

Probably more a Spares item ... than a functional machine.

Heck if I know, that was just a crazy thought, an ongoing thing.

Um, or more wishful thinking on my part.

Being realistic, I couldn’t even carry one, on my SpYder RS-S.

RedHotPoker
2019-4-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

They are rather large.

Last time in DJI Service - I looked one over and had my P3P next to it ... Not an item you casually carry around.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules