3082 6 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harry Pottar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13163 ft
United States

Hi,
I did a search and found a one line question for the Mavic 2, goggles and antenna but it was unanswered.

I have the original Mavic Pro, just started flying it, it sat in a box for a year, I purchased the fly more combo on sale in December 2017. Very long story short, I opened it, to look  and then life took over and I never had chance to play.

So a couple of weeks ago I took it out for its maiden flight, great drone but I cannot see a thing on the iPhone in the sun, I added a sun shade but not much help.

Then I stumbled across a good deal on the Dji Goggles racing edition at the weekend and they arrived today, I’m currently charging.

I know the Mavic Pro uses ocusync to communicate to the Goggles but I keep hearing conflicting stories and wondered could we get a definitive answer from DJI.

I know the antenna is not required to pick up the signal but I've heard on a couple of youtube videos that the antenna should be plugged in to balance the signal and if you don't you could damage the goggles.

I find that hard to believe, so once again if someone from Dji could give a definitive yes or no, that would be great. If yes, which antenna should I use.

Thanks in advance.
2019-4-2
Use props
Dayton Doug
lvl.1
United States

I have the same question. I have heard conflicting answers!!!
2019-6-18
Use props
playtime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

Dayton Doug Posted at 6-18 14:02
I have the same question. I have heard conflicting answers!!!

In Dual mode which should be the default frequency yes the antenna should be used to support the 5.8ghz side or if setting the frequency to 5.8 it should be used if setting the frequency to 2.4ghz no antenna should be required . My experience with Goggles RE enjoy and safe flying.
2019-6-18
Use props
Dayton Doug
lvl.1
United States

playtime1 Posted at 6-18 20:35
In Dual mode which should be the default frequency yes the antenna should be used to support the 5.8ghz side or if setting the frequency to 5.8 it should be used if setting the frequency to 2.4ghz no antenna should be required . My experience with Goggles RE enjoy and safe flying.

Thanks for your Response!! Please ignore my ignorance, but
1- Where can DUAL MODE settings be found?
2- When Flying the Mavic Pro with Goggles RE, what am I using (2.4 or 5.8)?
3- Do I need the Pagoda Antenna installed on Goggle RE when Flying Mavic Pro??
Thank You in Advance
2019-6-24
Use props
playtime1
lvl.4
Australia

Dayton Doug Posted at 6-24 02:47
Thanks for your Response!! Please ignore my ignorance, but
1- Where can DUAL MODE settings be found?
2- When Flying the Mavic Pro with Goggles RE, what am I using (2.4 or 5.8)?

For the mavic pro you do not need the antenna. And as far as Dual mode and 5.8ghz these options only become available if flying the m2p/z they are found in the goggles under Wireless linking or in the app under HD settings. Hope this helps
2019-6-24
Use props
Dayton Doug
lvl.1
United States

playtime1 Posted at 6-24 03:56
For the mavic pro you do not need the antenna. And as far as Dual mode and 5.8ghz these options only become available if flying the m2p/z they are found in the goggles under Wireless linking or in the app under HD settings. Hope this helps

Thanks For The Help

Having the MAVIC PRO- thats must be why I did not see this DUAL MODE in the settings.

It turned out I had a Defective Goggles RE and I'am in the process of Returning-Exchanging for another pair. I could not receive a clear picture when connecting to my Analog 5.8 FPV Equip. A buddy who has the same goggles (Was Able) to receive a clear picture when connecting to my 5.8 analog equip and he used my Antenna, so that was not the problem. After talking with DJI Support, was left with no other conclusion except my Goggles were defective!!!
2019-6-26
Use props
playtime1
lvl.4
Australia

Dayton Doug Posted at 6-26 02:07
Thanks For The Help

Having the MAVIC PRO- thats must be why I did not see this DUAL MODE in the settings.

Sorry to hear that hope you sort it out and I think you will be happy with the goggles when you do good luck and safe flying
2019-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules