IMU calibration issue. FIXED
1256 21 2019-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sparkdrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

I used to have an issue where I could not finish IMU calibration but it was fixed. I just had to turn it another way.
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

Are there any suggestions about how to fix it?
2019-4-2
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Are you keeping an eye on the pictures on the app which show the way you should turn the drone at each step? I don't remember exactly but there are 2 consecutive steps where the pictures seem identical and it confuses a lot of people. Make sure you notice the pictures changing closely and do as the app says.
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-2 17:26
Are you keeping an eye on the pictures on the app which show the way you should turn the drone at each step? I don't remember exactly but there are 2 consecutive steps where the pictures seem identical and it confuses a lot of people. Make sure you notice the pictures changing closely and do as the app says.

Not sure if I turned it the right direction maybe I should try it again?
2019-4-2
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Follow the pictures exactly...be on level surface and totally away from any metal...like out in the yard (away from concrete with rebar).
2019-4-2
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

sparkdrone Posted at 4-2 17:33
Not sure if I turned it the right direction maybe I should try it again?

Yes, please do. And just as I said, keep a close eye on the app to see the illustrations changing. There is one step where users don't see the picture changing as the differences are minimal. They don't turn the Spark at this step and find themselves "stuck". I have seen such posts in the past and get the feeling that you are doing the same mistake. So please try again with this in mind. Hope it helps.
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-2 17:42
Yes, please do. And just as I said, keep a close eye on the app to see the illustrations changing. There is one step where users don't see the picture changing as the differences are minimal. They don't turn the Spark at this step and find themselves "stuck". I have seen such posts in the past and get the feeling that you are doing the same mistake. So please try again with this in mind. Hope it helps.

OK thank you I will try to look at the pictures very closely.
2019-4-2
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 4-2 17:40
Follow the pictures exactly...be on level surface and totally away from any metal...like out in the yard (away from concrete with rebar).

Thank You! I was very close to metal when I tried doing it but just as nilanjan118 said I also might have missed the picture change so I had to turn the drone.
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Like what others mentioned, did you manage to follow the steps on the DJI GO 4 app during the calibration? Please ensure that there are no interferences during the IMU calibration to prevent further problem during the calibration. You may refer to our video tutorial below for further check. If you will encounter any error messages on the application, please let us know. Thank you for continued support.

2019-4-3
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 13:32
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Like what others mentioned, did you manage to follow the steps on the DJI GO 4 app during the calibration? Please ensure that there are no interferences during the IMU calibration to prevent further problem during the calibration. You may refer to our video tutorial below for further check. If you will encounter any error messages on the application, please let us know. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8

Thank you for the video.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

sparkdrone Posted at 4-3 17:00
Thank you for the video.

You're most welcome. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!
2019-4-4
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 10:56
You're most welcome. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!

Actually I just figured out how to do it, thank you for the help.
2019-4-8
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-2 17:42
Yes, please do. And just as I said, keep a close eye on the app to see the illustrations changing. There is one step where users don't see the picture changing as the differences are minimal. They don't turn the Spark at this step and find themselves "stuck". I have seen such posts in the past and get the feeling that you are doing the same mistake. So please try again with this in mind. Hope it helps.

I tried doing it and it worked, thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

sparkdrone Posted at 4-8 17:04
I tried doing it and it worked, thank you.

Thanks for the update. I was waiting to hear from you. So you can go out and 'ignite the Spark' now (not literally).
Happy flying.
2019-4-8
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-8 17:10
Thanks for the update. I was waiting to hear from you. So you can go out and 'ignite the Spark' now (not literally).
Happy flying.

OK, thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

sparkdrone Posted at 4-8 17:01
Actually I just figured out how to do it, thank you for the help.

Hi, we're glad to know that the concern has been fixed. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-9
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

How do I delete this post???
2019-4-9
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

sparkdrone Posted at 4-9 16:41

I don't think you can.
2019-4-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

sparkdrone Posted at 4-9 16:41

I would change your title and subject back to what your original problem was. That way if someone else has the same problem they can find your post and solve it without posting something new. That's why having a large database or solved problems is so helpful. We're literally building a question and answer database every time someone posts and problem and someone else answers it.
2019-4-10
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

Bing Err Posted at 4-10 00:48
I would change your title and subject back to what your original problem was. That way if someone else has the same problem they can find your post and solve it without posting something new. That's why having a large database or solved problems is so helpful. We're literally building a question and answer database every time someone posts and problem and someone else answers it.

OK I will change it.
2019-4-10
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

Just as Bing Err said above, you should change the subject line and #1 post to the original for future reference of other members. Just add "SOLVED" at the end of the subject line to let others know that you have found your solution.
2019-4-10
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.3
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-10 18:27
Just as Bing Err said above, you should change the subject line and #1 post to the original for future reference of other members. Just add "SOLVED" at the end of the subject line to let others know that you have found your solution.

I just did.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules