Poll: Which manufacturer's filters for Osmo Pocket do you own?
10207 33 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Poll: Which manufacturer's filters for Osmo Pocket do you own?
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 5 entry optional ), Total 228 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-4-3
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need an option for multiple manufacturer, I have filters from PgyTech, Freewell and Polar Pro. I voted for Pgytech since I have 9 of their filters and only 3 from Polar Pro and 1 from Freewell.
2019-4-3
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 4-3 06:29
Need an option for multiple manufacturer, I have filters from PgyTech, Freewell and Polar Pro. I voted to Pgytech since I have 9 of their filters and only 3 from Polar Pro and 1 from Freewell.

And which would you recommend?
2019-4-3
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Wiz33 Posted at 4-3 06:29
Need an option for multiple manufacturer, I have filters from PgyTech, Freewell and Polar Pro. I voted to Pgytech since I have 9 of their filters and only 3 from Polar Pro and 1 from Freewell.

You're right, I assumed that most of the users don't own filters from more than 2 manufacturers.
I changed the poll to 5 options.
From the ones you own what are the most used filters? Which brand is the best?
Do you know maybe what is the difference between the PGYTECH HD-PRO filters to PGYTECH PRO filters? They look differently...
2019-4-3
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 4-3 08:07
And which would you recommend?

I got the PgyTech ND/PL set initially as they were one of the first to ship and I can get it delivered while I was still traveling so I can use them right away. Turns out they are also my favorite as the case is really nice, easy to open even if you have the OP in one hand. the Filters are held in the case magnetically so they are easy to remove and store vs those held in foam cutouts. The filters also have a slotted casing which makes them easy to grip onto and you can attach to and remove from the OP even while filming. They served me well during my trip and I picked up the graduated filters set when they became available.

I got the Freewell Clear Night filter just for night filming. and I just recently got the Polar Pro with the rotating PL just in case I want to do some more professional filming but I need the larger screen on the phone to adjust them properly.
2019-4-3
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJDream Posted at 4-3 08:13
You're right, I assumed that most of the users don't own filters from more than 2 manufacturers.
I changed the poll to 5 options.
From the ones you own what are the most used filters? Which brand is the best?

I use the Pgytech ND/PL set on a regular basis during my trip and they worked very well. I like their carrying case better than any of the other and their slotted casing makes it easy to attach them to of remove from the OP even while filming. I preferred the fixed PL since I don't usually attach my phone while filming (I'm just a casual user mostly filming travel and everyday stuff for my own enjoyment).

I don't think PgyTech have 2 different series, they don't make a specific HD Pro set, at least not according to their website. Maybe just some retailer are listing them differently.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for creating this poll. Hopefully, you could get the best recommendation in regards to the manufacturer of the filters. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-3
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

What about an "Other" option
I use a filter set from Neewer
2019-4-3
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Ern Posted at 4-3 10:22
What about an "Other" option
I use a filter set from Neewer

I'll add the Neweer option as well and also the Other option.
How is the Neweer set?  I own a lense from them with different filters for my Sony Mirorrles and the quality is very nice.
So what's your opinion about the quality of their Osmo Pocket ND/PL filters?
2019-4-3
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJDream Posted at 4-3 12:21
I'll add the Neweer option as well and also the Other option.
How is the Neweer set?  I own a lense from them with different filters for my Sony Mirorrles and the quality is very nice.
So what's your opinion about the quality of their Osmo Pocket ND/PL filters?

They seem good
The glass and clarity I have no issues with
The PL ones do not seem to have as good a magnetic strength as the non PL ones also they do not seem to fit as perfect - I have no others to try so have nothing to compare
I am pleased with them - Cost for all of them was only £22 - The case they came in was bulky hence the buisness card case
2019-4-3
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I bought Polar Pro because I like and trust their glass and they have excellent customer service.
However I'm not a fan of their cases. Far too much wasted space and a pain in the backside to open and close with stupid plastic hinges
2019-4-4
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Japan

Wiz33 Posted at 4-3 08:58
I got the PgyTech ND/PL set initially as they were one of the first to ship and I can get it delivered while I was still traveling so I can use them right away. Turns out they are also my favorite as the case is really nice, easy to open even if you have the OP in one hand. the Filters are held in the case magnetically so they are easy to remove and store vs those held in foam cutouts. The filters also have a slotted casing which makes them easy to grip onto and you can attach to and remove from the OP even while filming. They served me well during my trip and I picked up the graduated filters set when they became available.

I got the Freewell Clear Night filter just for night filming. and I just recently got the Polar Pro with the rotating PL just in case I want to do some more professional filming but I need the larger screen on the phone to adjust them properly.

Is the freewell clear night filter strictly used for outdoor low light/night conditions with street lights only or can it be used indoors as well?  What are the necessary conditions in order to use this filter?
2019-4-4
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 4-4 05:31
Is the freewell clear night filter strictly used for outdoor low light/night conditions with street lights only or can it be used indoors as well?  What are the necessary conditions in order to use this filter?

The Clear Night filter mostly outdoor (have not tried in indoor). The main effect is to reduce glare and reflection of air pollution but it does adds a tiny bit of /purpleish/pinkish tone to the video but it can be corrected in post. Here's a couple of vids that show the difference:

2019-4-4
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

PolarPro, ordered the 6-pack standard series, still waiting for them to arrive. Happy with PolarPro on my Spark so I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with my purchase for the OP.
2019-4-4
Use props
drose1
lvl.1
Australia

I got a set of the Polar Pro ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL.

I will be heading to Everest Base Camp soon, and would love to do some filming.

Do you think those 3 filters will be enough to capture the outdoors in an environment like EBC? Or do you think i need ND32?
2019-4-5
Use props
Ern
lvl.3

United Kingdom

drose1 Posted at 4-5 19:09
I got a set of the Polar Pro ND4/PL, ND8/PL and ND16/PL.

I will be heading to Everest Base Camp soon, and would love to do some filming.

With the sun and Snow. Defiantly need nd32 and nd64
I am having a meet this weekend with a photo show of my travels with friends 30 yrs ago
We walked the Annapurna circuit in Nepal.  35mm camera.  Most of the mountains were blowen out in the photos - If I could go back in time with a camera like the OP and a set of filters...
Photos below all have snow coverd mountains in background

2019-4-5
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Polarpro is the ONLY brand that has a rubber coating over the magnet stip to avoid scratching the lens. I switched to them as my Skyreat set unfortunately f** up my Osmo Pocket !@$%!
2019-4-10
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Yay! Got my PolarPro filter kit a couple of days ago. Looking forward go try the out.

Filter kit

Filter kit

2019-4-13
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

stock DJI filter is enough for me. I am waiting for extension rod to complete the packet.
2019-7-5
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

I use really nice ND Dji, (NdPL 32, clear night and ND1000) Freewell
2019-7-9
Use props
djiuser_SGtX4I7iJci7
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ern Posted at 4-3 13:06
They seem good
The glass and clarity I have no issues with
The PL ones do not seem to have as good a magnetic strength as the non PL ones also they do not seem to fit as perfect - I have no others to try so have nothing to compare

Where did you get a set of six from for £22?  Amazon list the PolarPro set of six at £80
2019-7-10
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm surprised not too many people have DJI filters?..
2019-7-11
Use props
Tactical Trvlr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 255407 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Polar Pro and the Freewell. I think I get better results from my Polar Pro. I never use my Freewell filters.
2019-7-15
Use props
Mr Deadpool
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Bought the PGYTECH Diving filters, haven't tested them out yet. Couldn't find dive filters from any other manufacturer. Please report back if you find any.
2019-8-7
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have DJI's official ND filter set for the Osmo. I bought my Pocket off of the site, so it just made sense to grab those along with it on here. They were also cheaper than PolarPro's for some reason. . .
2019-8-17
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I played with the DJI filters at my local store. I found them way too awkward. Couldn't get a good grip on them.
2019-8-30
Use props
AmyMarieBorg
lvl.3

Which do you all recommend, please?
2019-9-6
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

I have ND filters from Skyreat and Wide Angle Lens from Freewell.
2019-9-25
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>

El Diabolico Posted at 4-10 00:52
Polarpro is the ONLY brand that has a rubber coating over the magnet stip to avoid scratching the lens. I switched to them as my Skyreat set unfortunately f** up my Osmo Pocket !@$%!

Skyreat released another set of ND Filters with rubber coating
2019-9-25
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

DanielVieira Posted at 9-25 05:53
Skyreat released another set of ND Filters with rubber coating

Great to hear, I will look into it as I generally like Skyreat products a lot ;)
2019-9-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I will be testing the new variable Nd filters from skyreat over the next week , I will come back and report .
2019-12-2
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

None of them
2019-12-4
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have the freewell filters and love them. Easy to use.
2020-3-23
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I ended up getting the PolarPro Standard series 6-pack. Haven't used the polarizer much, but the ND filters have proven themselves to be useful. Also considering Freewell ones (at least the ND1000, possibly also the wide-angle lens set with compatible ND filters and the Clear Night filter)
2021-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules