P4 RTK Mission Planning Altitude Check
1387 8 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hardrone
lvl.4

India

Hello,

I have prepared a mission planning on my P4 RTK. After saving the same, I forgot the Altitude I have set for my mission.

How to know the altitude of my mission?

How to change the altitude of my mission without going for replanning and setting the required altitude.

Thanks for your help.

(More questions on P4 RTK are coming soon)
2019-4-3
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I have not been able to Edit a mission once saved, hopefully that gets fixed ASAP.
2019-4-4
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

I have not been able to Edit a mission once saved, hopefully that gets fixed ASAP.
2019-4-4
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

Be careful on setting the Altitude as well, I set my GS RTK Software to Imperial and in the planning phase the Alitutde is in Metric so it will show 30 as the default height and that's 30 Meters aka 100 Feet.
2019-4-4
Use props
hardrone
lvl.4

India

LYVFD8142 Posted at 4-4 05:21
I have not been able to Edit a mission once saved, hopefully that gets fixed ASAP.

Hello,

If you want to change your plan or edit something after saving it, you will need to go back to kml, open the required one. Edit it, as you have done previously and then save.

In short, you will again have to go to KML. I did not find any shortcut to edit the saved/planned mission.
2019-4-4
Use props
hardrone
lvl.4

India

LYVFD8142 Posted at 4-4 05:23
Be careful on setting the Altitude as well, I set my GS RTK Software to Imperial and in the planning phase the Alitutde is in Metric so it will show 30 as the default height and that's 30 Meters aka 100 Feet.

Altitude units can be changed from the settings.
2019-4-4
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

hardrone Posted at 4-4 20:54
Altitude units can be changed from the settings.

I will take a look again. Normally if I set Imperial I shouldn't need to set something else, poor design if that is true. I guess that's the software developer in me.
2019-4-5
Use props
LYVFD8142
lvl.4

United States

hardrone Posted at 4-4 20:51
Hello,

If you want to change your plan or edit something after saving it, you will need to go back to kml, open the required one. Edit it, as you have done previously and then save.

This is a program design flaw. You should be able to edit any mission from within the GS RTK software. Using a KML file to import missions makes it tolerable but I have planned a mission on screen and once saved you can't edit it so you have to recreate the mission. This is why I call it a program flaw. DroneDeploy, Pix4D, Litchi, etc allows you to create and edit missions. Forcing a user to recreate something or jump through hoops is a bad design.
2019-4-5
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

LYVFD8142 Posted at 4-5 04:03
This is a program design flaw. You should be able to edit any mission from within the GS RTK software. Using a KML file to import missions makes it tolerable but I have planned a mission on screen and once saved you can't edit it so you have to recreate the mission. This is why I call it a program flaw. DroneDeploy, Pix4D, Litchi, etc allows you to create and edit missions. Forcing a user to recreate something or jump through hoops is a bad design.

So is the fact that one can't save base station coordinates and must type them in anew every time. And the fact that one has to do the math to add antenna height rather than having a separate place to enter (and save) it.
Clearly software designed by non-users.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules