Yellow Image
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Forestrydrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54639 ft

United Kingdom

Dear Anyone who can help me with this bizarre issue.

I have a fault I believe with the DJI app where the image that I am seeing from the Drone is coming out with a distorted colour scheme.

This is a recent fault, it has happened previously but would always resolve itself with a reboot, but since I recently upgraded the DJI app via the appstore on my Ipad it will not go away.

The image and video that is being captured does not have the same colour distortion, I have downloaded the video and image straight from the MicroSD card and the imagery is fine, as normal.

I have screenshotted the issue on the Ipad.

I have googled the issue and can't seem to see anyone else who has had the same issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone with a suggestion on how to fix?
YellowDJIImage.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Forestrydrone hello and welcome !
which Dji Product do you use ?
anyway : I see your white balance setting in Sunny , try in auto to see any difference
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you've tried to reset the camera settings? I would recommend checking this situation using a different mobile device to easily isolate the problem. You may consider un-install and re-install the application to see if there will be changes. Please sync the flight records and save important files before deleting the app. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-3
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 08:45
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you've tried to reset the camera settings? I would recommend checking this situation using a different mobile device to easily isolate the problem. You may consider un-install and re-install the application to see if there will be changes. Please sync the flight records and save important files before deleting the app. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Dear Tony

Thanks for the reply.

I have reinstalled the app with no change.

Going to try changing the cables to see if that has any impact and I will try and re-install the software on RC and Drone and see if that does anything.

The camera settings have not been reset, and I will try a different mobile device too!

Thanks for your suggestions
2019-4-4
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 4-3 08:15
Forestrydrone hello and welcome !
which Dji Product do you use ?
anyway : I see your white balance setting in Sunny , try in auto to see any difference

Hi Neb

Its a DJI Phantom 3 Pro.

I have tried changing the balance setting and no difference!

Thanks for the suggestion!
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Forestrydrone Posted at 4-4 04:22
Dear Tony

Thanks for the reply.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may check the white balance settings on the application as I can see that it's set in sunny. I would like to ask, did you encounter any error message on the application upon re-setting the camera on the application? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!
2019-4-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It looks like the blue channel is missing. This appearts to be a camera fault, perhaps even a break in the flexible cable from the camera. Best to send it to be repaired.
2019-4-4
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 4-4 12:17
It looks like the blue channel is missing. This appearts to be a camera fault, perhaps even a break in the flexible cable from the camera. Best to send it to be repaired.

Hi Geebax
Thanks for the help, I have had someone else mention the blue channel, I don't think this is the case as I filmed a solid blue bag and the image came up blue, see attached photo. I think the problem lies with the transmitter but not sure if the actual transmitter is in the drone body or the camera, so I can't isolate the problem further.
ATB
2019-4-5
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 11:01
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may check the white balance settings on the application as I can see that it's set in sunny. I would like to ask, did you encounter any error message on the application upon re-setting the camera on the application? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you!

Hi Tony,
I reset the camera settings and the colour improved but there is still the same fault, I think it is with the transmitter but unsure if this is something I can fix or not.
Any ideas?

2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Forestrydrone Posted at 4-5 00:53
Hi Tony,
I reset the camera settings and the colour improved but there is still the same fault, I think it is with the transmitter but unsure if this is something I can fix or not.
Any ideas?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I would recommend checking this situation using a different mobile device and change the cable to isolate this matter. Please let us know for further help. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-5
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 16:21
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I would recommend checking this situation using a different mobile device and change the cable to isolate this matter. Please let us know for further help. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony

I have checked it with another mobile device and a second RC and the problem remains.

I need to figure out how to replace the cables to check if that is the issue, this would require opening the main case, which I have yet to do.

Thanks
2019-4-8
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Forestrydrone Posted at 4-8 01:02
Hi Tony

I have checked it with another mobile device and a second RC and the problem remains.

There are many video's but here is one that might help;

2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Forestrydrone Posted at 4-8 01:02
Hi Tony

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The cable that we need to replace is the cable that you've used for you to connect the RC going to the mobile device, not on the internal parts. Fixing the unit internally would void the warranty for your unit. Kindly verify to us if you've managed to use different cables that you're using in order to connect your RC and mobile device? Thank you!
2019-4-8
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phantom One Posted at 4-8 05:21
There are many video's but here is one that might help;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGI1vQ1Vikc

Thanks for the link.

Would the flex cable have anything to do with the transmission of video feed to the RC and Mobile device though?

The image/live feed is distorted but the actual image/video that is written to the microSD card  is ok which suggests that it is the transmission?

I don't want to replace a cable that doesn't have any impact on the transmission.

Thanks

Jude
2019-4-9
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phantom One Posted at 4-8 05:21
There are many video's but here is one that might help;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGI1vQ1Vikc

Thanks for the link.

Would the flex cable have anything to do with the transmission of video feed to the RC and Mobile device though?

The image/live feed is distorted but the actual image/video that is written to the microSD card  is ok which suggests that it is the transmission?

I don't want to replace a cable that doesn't have any impact on the transmission.

Thanks

Jude
2019-4-9
Use props
Forestrydrone
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-8 14:13
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The cable that we need to replace is the cable that you've used for you to connect the RC going to the mobile device, not on the internal parts. Fixing the unit internally would void the warranty for your unit. Kindly verify to us if you've managed to use different cables that you're using in order to connect your RC and mobile device? Thank you!

Thanks Tony.

I have replaced the cable not long ago (not because it was faulty, because it was not long enough for my liking). I powered up the drone et al. with the old cable but the image distortion remains.

2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules