Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max Radius
5820 13 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Hello,
When flying without smartphone I get the message 'MAX RADIUS' when my M2Z is 50m away.
Why is this? Can this be set to another distance?

2019-4-3
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I believe if you only fly with controller , so without dji app , it will limit the distance and height. Its doesnt want you to fly beyond vlos.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. As dronie1965 mentioned, did you manage to disable the beginner mode? May we know if your unit is up to date when in terms of firmware? Are getting the same error message when using the mobile device? Please let us know for further assistance. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-3
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Belgium

When I’m practicing I usually fly without a smartphone. As soon as I connect my phone I can fly further away.
Good to know why this is happening.
2019-4-3
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

TrippleDelta Posted at 4-3 10:17
When I’m practicing I usually fly without a smartphone. As soon as I connect my phone I can fly further away.

I really recommend flying with a device. Especially when you practice. It only takes a few seconds to attache the smartphone. These few seconds can be vital for your expensive drone. I would not risk it
2019-4-3
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

TrippleDelta Posted at 4-3 10:17

I really recommend flying with a device. Especially when you practice. It only takes a few seconds to attache the smartphone. These few seconds can be vital for your expensive drone. I would not risk it
2019-4-3
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Belgium

dronie1965 Posted at 4-3 10:37
I really recommend flying with a device. Especially when you practice. It only takes a few seconds to attache the smartphone. These few seconds can be vital for your expensive drone. I would not risk it

Why? When I bought my M2Z one of the main advantages was the screen on the controller. I’m in full control?
Besides, all I do is fly in circles. :-)
2019-4-3
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Well if you only fly circles , with an expensive drone , is it not a bit boring? Also you cannot practice with active track and other features, you cannot practice flying same time using and operating the camera. And you cannot set height of rth etc
Just incase you lose sight of drone , you cannot see the flightpath and homepoint to fly back. But if you use it only to fly close around you i guess its no problem, but then why do you ask the question to fly further then 50 meters , then i probably would choose to connect a phone to the controller, as you can easily lose sight

But ofcourse its up to you if you want to take a risk
2019-4-3
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Belgium

I only fly in circles when i practice for the exam.  ATTI mode would be helpful.
I do a lot more with this fantastic bird but that's not really flying.
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe without a device attached to the RC the limit is restricted to 50m/165' both in terms of max altitude and distance from your position. This is for safety purposes as you will not have a live feed to view what the camera is viewing or have access to maps so VLOS is essential. It may also be due to geo restrictions as the app includes the basic and precise fly databases for fencing.
2019-4-4
Use props
zappy54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

TrippleDelta Posted at 4-4 00:26
I only fly in circles when i practice for the exam.  ATTI mode would be helpful.
I do a lot more with this fantastic bird but that's not really flying.

Try flying with the phone first than remove the phone see if that works
2019-4-4
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

There's few reports here of people losing their mavic flying without phone. Can't recall what happened but the mavic just won't respond or return. No logs from the app or AC is as good as no warranty from DJI.

I too fly circles and figure 8s in sports mode when bored but not risk without the phone.
2019-4-4
Use props
ALureSportfish
New

United States

Hi, This happened to me today.  Had my iphone connected to the remote on my mavic pro.  I had the active track following our boat.  Twice it stopped moving forward or backward (had vertical control throughout).  We had to circle back to get it - "Max Radius" .  Can someone help me figure out what setting needs to be changed.  Thank you.
2022-4-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ALureSportfish Posted at 4-23 13:46
Hi, This happened to me today.  Had my iphone connected to the remote on my mavic pro.  I had the active track following our boat.  Twice it stopped moving forward or backward (had vertical control throughout).  We had to circle back to get it - "Max Radius" .  Can someone help me figure out what setting needs to be changed.  Thank you.

I believe post #2 answered the original question, it relates to flying using only the controller and not a phone. Your issue sounds different.
2022-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules