Air Space Issue
1291 5 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LGB900
lvl.1
United States

Hey Guys,

I live in El Paso, TX and I would like to be able to fly my Spark in a large park behind my house.  I am getting this from the Air Map app.  What does this mean?  I am not near an airport.  Can I still fly and keep it below 400? Any input much appreciated.

I'm not able to post a screen shot, but Air Map is giving me these advisories:

Class D2 Controlled Air Space  
ELP UTM - Main (Accepts Digital Notice)

Thanks… Link

2019-4-3
Use props
RohdeScholar
lvl.2
United States

Class D airspace is near an airport with a control tower.  FAA wants you to contact the airport management AND the control tower before flying.
I live in a similar area, and it's a hassle.
2019-4-3
Use props
RohdeScholar
lvl.2
United States

RohdeScholar Posted at 4-3 08:10
Class D airspace is near an airport with a control tower.  FAA wants you to contact the airport management AND the control tower before flying.
I live in a similar area, and it's a hassle.

El  Paso International Airport has LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization And Notification Capability), if that's the airport you're within five mile of.  Just get an app that uses this service (I have Kitty Hawk but there are lots of others) and you can contact all the players and get approval with just a click on the app.  

Search for LAANC and you'll get lots of information about the system.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. We're hoping that you could get the best explanation that you may need in regards to this third-party application. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-3
Use props
LGB900
lvl.1
United States

RohdeScholar Posted at 4-3 08:17
El  Paso International Airport has LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization And Notification Capability), if that's the airport you're within five mile of.  Just get an app that uses this service (I have Kitty Hawk but there are lots of others) and you can contact all the players and get approval with just a click on the app.  

Search for LAANC and you'll get lots of information about the system.

I'm not that close to EPIA, but I am in the area of Ft. Bliss/Biggs Air Base possibly.  I'll check into it.
Thanks...
2019-4-3
Use props
djiuser_o42vI7ESVO69
New
Flight distance : 17943 ft
United States

I am in El Paso too. Did you ever get this resolved? I live near the edge of town in the northeast, near but not on Ft Bliss. All of a sudden my neighborhood became an Altitude Zone for 150’. Any resolution to this confusion? Thanks!
2020-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules