faulty p4 battery?
891 11 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Hi -

Just purchased one of the 'last' phantoms from a store - opened it - and the battery has been charging now for about an hour, but seems to only charge the "first" green light... Does that mean it is stuck @ 25%, or am I just being impatient?

Any way to fix it, or is it actually faulty?

Thanks

2019-4-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

djiguy001 hello and welcome !! this bateries usually takes 1 h and 30 min to load fully

2019-4-3
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i would connect till to see the next led level light
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you're using the charger that comes with Phantom 4 Pro? Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video about this matter for further assistance? You may use google drive or dropbox to upload the link for further check. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-3
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 08:33
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you're using the charger that comes with Phantom 4 Pro? Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video about this matter for further assistance? You may use google drive or dropbox to upload the link for further check. Thank you for continued support.

Yes, I am using the charger that came with it. It doesn't seem to "turn" on either if I turn it on...

Just the first green light turns on, I am thinking it is a faulty battery.  If I 'hold' the button - it will go on briefly, then turn off.

Can I send it in for a new one? (I have the receipt from the store I just literally purchased it from a few days ago).

Thanks.
2019-4-3
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Here is a link to a low res movie I made of it:
https://ufile.io/g1mqo

(I guess you need to click on the "slow download" link to download it. It is only 4mb, so should only take about 5-10 seconds to download).

It just flashes on the 'first' item, then turns off, then flashes again... has been like this for about 1.5 hours...

If I try turning the battery on after unplugging it, it 'temporarily' lights up, then turns off...

Thanks.
2019-4-3
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

2019-4-3
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

it keeps cycling on/off like the image above, and has for about an hour or so...
2019-4-3
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Geez... I also just realized I have another battery I had purchased May 2018 - as a spare battery - never used it - and THAT one seems to be dead...

Can I return that one as well?
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiguy001 Posted at 4-3 09:22
Geez... I also just realized I have another battery I had purchased May 2018 - as a spare battery - never used it - and THAT one seems to be dead...

Can I return that one as well?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. For the newly purchased battery of the Phantom 4 Pro, you may reach our support via the link below for us to provide an appropriate resolution in regards to this situation. However, regarding the spare battery that you have aside from the new one, unfortunately, the warranty for the battery will only last up to 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. For further details of the warranty period of the products, you may check the link below. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

www.dji.com/support - DJI Support

2019-4-4
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 4-4 09:48
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. For the newly purchased battery of the Phantom 4 Pro, you may reach our support via the link below for us to provide an appropriate resolution in regards to this situation. However, regarding the spare battery that you have aside from the new one, unfortunately, the warranty for the battery will only last up to 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. For further details of the warranty period of the products, you may check the link below. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy

thank-you. Contacted about the 1st battery.

For the 2nd - I never even used the battery... Is there anything you can do about that (because I have bought a lot from you, quite disappointed that this battery turns out to be faulty when I needed it).

Thanks
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiguy001 Posted at 4-5 04:40
thank-you. Contacted about the 1st battery.

For the 2nd - I never even used the battery... Is there anything you can do about that (because I have bought a lot from you, quite disappointed that this battery turns out to be faulty when I needed it).

Hi, thanks for the update. if this said battery would not respond into the charger of the Phantom 4 Pro, then I'm afraid that we couldn't provide further troubleshooting steps, however, we have a recommendation in order to take care of your batteries and also about storing them. You may want to check the link below for further assistance, please see the documents about Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines v1.0. Thank you for understanding.
https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules