CAMERA CALIBRATION FAIL
3682 9 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kapchaking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225696 ft
Australia

I have been trying to calibrate the cameras on my P4P's after a firmware upgrade to latest version. I keep getting a non square alignment box that wont fit the calibration square. How can I fix this?
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if this is a brand new aircraft?  I would recommend setting the resolution of your monitor into default then restart the application and aircraft to see if there will be changes. Kindly check if the vision sensors are dirty. It's recommended to use a display that has 14 inches or bigger for better sensor calibration. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-3
Use props
kapchaking
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 16:16
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if this is a brand new aircraft?  I would recommend setting the resolution of your monitor into default then restart the application and aircraft to see if there will be changes. Kindly check if the vision sensors are dirty. It's recommended to use a display that has 14 inches or bigger for better sensor calibration. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony,
Re installed upgrade and made sure screen was correct size. Still end up with a Trapezoid drone image over the calibration target which does not work.
Aircraft are 14 months old and in good condition, Sensors are clean. Will this calibration failure effect mapping?
Need help as both aircraft are showing same problem.
Thanks
2019-4-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kapchaking Posted at 4-5 04:04
Hi Tony,
Re installed upgrade and made sure screen was correct size. Still end up with a Trapezoid drone image over the calibration target which does not work.
Aircraft are 14 months old and in good condition, Sensors are clean. Will this calibration failure effect mapping?

Hi, thanks for the update. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of this situation? In addition, I would recommend refreshing the firmware into the latest version using the same application and re-calibrate the sensor to see if there will be changes. May we know what mapping are you referring? Is it on the application? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-5
Use props
FUNDRACAR
New

Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 16:16
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if this is a brand new aircraft?  I would recommend setting the resolution of your monitor into default then restart the application and aircraft to see if there will be changes. Kindly check if the vision sensors are dirty. It's recommended to use a display that has 14 inches or bigger for better sensor calibration. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Im a new phantom 4 pro owner.I have an issue when the craft turns the camera tilts sidewaus of the horizon and it takes some amount of time to come back to normal...Is this a software issue?
2019-4-5
Use props
kapchaking
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 16:26
Hi, thanks for the update. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of this situation? In addition, I would recommend refreshing the firmware into the latest version using the same application and re-calibrate the sensor to see if there will be changes. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Here is a screen shot. Have re-installed update but no effect.
2019-4-5
Use props
kapchaking
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-5 16:26
Hi, thanks for the update. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot of this situation? In addition, I would recommend refreshing the firmware into the latest version using the same application and re-calibrate the sensor to see if there will be changes. May we know what mapping are you referring? Is it on the application? Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

Hi Tony,
I am still waiting for your response to the screen shot. Thanks
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kapchaking Posted at 4-11 21:15
Hi Tony,
I am still waiting for your response to the screen shot. Thanks

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you could provide us the size of the monitor that you've used during the sensor calibration? Did you use a curved screen? Would it be possible if you could verify to us if the drone experience any incident? What specific sensors are you trying to re-calibrate? Did you manage to adjust the angle? I've forwarded this concern into our related department for a further check as well. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-14
Use props
WhiteLightnin‘
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Canada

Hello Kap,

My experince with the vision recalibration had the same thing. Trapezoidal view on square. I was holding the drone to high, effectively pointing down at the screen. As I lowered the drone, the trapezoids got less and eventually became quare as required. Please try to make sure the AC is perpendicular and in line with the screen angle.

Fly safe!
2019-4-14
Use props
kapchaking
lvl.2
Australia

I thank all for the input. Turns out it was my fault after watching videos and calibrated without problem.
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules