Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS weeknumber rollover
1137 5 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Hi folks, and Hi DJI,

According to the following link, wil the weeknumber reset in the GPS system, on april 6, 2019.

https://ics-cert.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Memorandum_on_GPS_2019.pdf

Can we expect any problems with our devices  ?

Wimherman
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Due to the GPS timing system change, the GPS system is expecting a GPS week number rollover on April 7th, 2019 at 00:00 UTC. All DJI products that use GPS module and RTK module will not be affected by this issue. Thank you for continued support.

2019-4-3
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 4-3 16:48
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Due to the GPS timing system change, the GPS system is expecting a GPS week number rollover on April 7th, 2019 at 00:00 UTC. All DJI products that use GPS module and RTK module will not be affected by this issue. Thank you for continued support.

Thanks DJI Tony for quick reply!
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wimherman Posted at 4-3 16:50
Thanks DJI Tony for quick reply!

You're most welcome! Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you!
2019-4-4
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

As a Computer Scientist, I recognized this week number rollover as a non-issue. So many ways a software guy could deal with it. Besides, if your drone thinks it is flying in 1999, who cares?
2019-4-4
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Norway

Tentoes Posted at 4-4 12:12
As a Computer Scientist, I recognized this week number rollover as a non-issue. So many ways a software guy could deal with it. Besides, if your drone thinks it is flying in 1999, who cares?

Yeah i know, but to keep in mind flight safety, it is nice to have a confirmation af DJI in this.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules