Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 standard will not go far enough! SOLVED
5883 8 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sparkdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

Software issue: My Phantom 3 will NOT go past 50 METERS!!! I tried changing the distance limit but it did not work.

Maybe I missed a software update??
Please tell me if anybody has this issue too because I can't go far enough.There was a software update and the range problem was fixed.
2019-4-3
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.4
United States

I also have a dji spark

This is not much of a problem for me though because I also have the dji spark.
But please help me with this issue.
2019-4-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sparkdrone. I am sorry to know that you are having this issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Can you please check if the firmware of the drone is on it's most recent one. If not can you please update the firmware of the said drone to it's latest. I will be providing you the link where to find the most recent one can be found ( https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-st ... te_search#downloads ). Have you tried to fly your drone to a different open space location to see if the issue will still persist? In addition please refer this DJI tutorial video and adjust the antenna to see whether it works better. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-4-4
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

What version of Go app do you use for the P3S. May be you gat an update of that and must relogin to DJI
2019-4-4
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just asking here, but have you been able to fly further before?  If so, what might you have changed, like mobile device?
2019-4-4
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.4
United States

Lonesome Crow Posted at 4-4 15:13
Just asking here, but have you been able to fly further before?  If so, what might you have changed, like mobile device?

I did try to update the app but then I was not able to take off the limit.I've never changed the mobile device though.
2019-4-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

sparkdrone Posted at 4-5 14:47
I did try to update the app but then I was not able to take off the limit.I've never changed the mobile device though.

Thje RC unit, with mobile device, must be connected to the aircraft, with all switched on, otherwise you cannot change the settings. And you must login to thr DJI portal and leave it logged in, even though you might switch everything off.
2019-4-5
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-5 14:54
Thje RC unit, with mobile device, must be connected to the aircraft, with all switched on, otherwise you cannot change the settings. And you must login to thr DJI portal and leave it logged in, even though you might switch everything off.

When I tried changing the settings everything was on.
2019-4-5
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

I seem to remember thinking that the settings page was not exactly intuitive.

But anyway ...

Power up all ... AC / RC and GO.

Select the P3 Standard
Have camera view ... now tap the three bars Menu in top right corner to get the settings.
Tap the Drone icon (top most one) to get to flight settings
ENABLE flight modes by sliding green to the right ...
DE-select Beginner mode by sliding to left
Distance limit - you need to DE-select so that you can fly further.

They all basically work together ... you can select one or other for specifics ...
There is one condition though that 50m gets imposed ... if you fly WITHOUT GO running .... Because you can fly the P3 without tablet / phone ... but then it auto limits to 50m box.

I did the test based on another forum discussion and it cost me dearly !!
2019-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules