7499 14 2019-4-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolfwater69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685472 ft
  • >>>
United States

I forgot to take off the gimbal guard one time at a park for the self check process, does it do damage? I turned the drone on and off then everything worked great , couldn't see any problems?

Amazon website for remove gimbal reminder could save your camera : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W63X0LA?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image
81VNzxVfftL._SL1500_.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

It could easily cause damage.

Fit something to remind you to remove it.

20190207_130827.jpg
2019-4-3
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I think we have all forgotten to take the guard off at some stage. You should simply get the gimbal obstructed message (or similar) and you can then take it off.
2019-4-4
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

Good idea @*DM*
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day wolfwater69. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. You should never forget to remove the gimbal clamp before you power on the drone and fly your drone. And may check the  preflight checklist for additional reference. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video on how to prepare for your flight. Thank you.

2019-4-4
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-3 23:15

It was because I went to a location where I use to fly and unlocked the authorization zone then it didn't work. So I put the gimbal guard on and went to another spot and forgot I put it on again because of so much driving in the car.
2019-4-4
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Looks cool!
2019-4-5
Use props
wolfwater69
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-3 23:15

I only did it once , that was enough. I like the red ribbon. So Im getting it for my mavic 2 zoom before any more damage is done!
2019-4-5
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Agree with JockC. We have all done it at least once. Sadly, I have done it more than one. But no damage to the MP, just got the warning message.
2019-4-5
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like that remove tag. That's a great idea. Maybe even painting it red which would be a huge reminder.
2019-4-6
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

once i forgot and it didn t take off.
2019-4-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

LOL, thanks for sharing
2019-4-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Here's what I've done to try remembering to remove the cover....

2019-4-7
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

We've all forgotten once or even twice. At it doesn't make horrible noises when the cover is on and you switch the drone on. All I heard was the "click, click, click, click". Figured it couldn't be good for the gimbal, so I never did it again, except when I did :-). It makes sense that the both times I forgot was when I took and switched on a new drone for the first time. I was relatively new to drones the first time, and the second time, I was just too excited and didn't think it through! Doh!
2019-4-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

JPilotR Posted at 4-7 07:04
We've all forgotten once or even twice. At it doesn't make horrible noises when the cover is on and you switch the drone on. All I heard was the "click, click, click, click". Figured it couldn't be good for the gimbal, so I never did it again, except when I did :-). It makes sense that the both times I forgot was when I took and switched on a new drone for the first time. I was relatively new to drones the first time, and the second time, I was just too excited and didn't think it through! Doh!

I admit nothing but it has happened to others!  There were the few times that someone wanted to transfer files from the drone to the computer and the desk does  not have much room so carefully position it so props don't shred stuff and gimbal, what gymbal.

There there was the time someone flew it to take pictures of the remodel across the street.  D-amn, why can't the camera tilt downward to grab the frame.  Oh, crap, the cover is still on!

That person's drone/gimbal, fortunately, still work.
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules