I seem to have lost it...
851 14 2019-4-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

My Mojo that is....

I have been a stills photgrapgher for many years and got to a point and lost interest to a fair extent. Then I came across drone photography / videos and I was excited

But after just 6 months I seem to have lost interest already... The air quaility, or the lack of it has been discusting for months now with no end in sight, this cerainly doesn't help. And not being a 'creative' type person hasn't helped.

If you lost your mojo, how did you get it back ?

2019-4-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

try all the different fly modes, change areas, change techniques.  I for one will never get tired of this hobby.
2019-4-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It happens from time-to-time. Try different types of flying techniques like Picanoc Jack advised above and definitely trying out new flight locations keeps it more interesting and fresh. Focus on editing more or buying a new accessory to enhance the experience. Things get quite stale if you do the same things with the same tools in the same places every time. Get out of your comfort zone and experiment though just a break from it can help. Don't sell up at a loss as you may regret it down the line when your Mojo returns and I'm sure it will.  
2019-4-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Thanks guys,

It's just a phase I know that, one of the problems I think early on was the problems I had just trying to get the quad in the sky with endless issues with the software updates etc etc It kind of left a stale taste in my mouth if that makes sense.

If my Canon cameras had been so buggy and just damn right frustrating t use perhaps I would never got into photography... The facts are there is a lot to learn in photography and with drones, but I have found with at least the photography the hardware was sound, it was up to me to learn how to use it.

Of course I expected this with my drone, but flying is just one skill I needed to learn, working out, back dating software fixes was something I wasn't prepared for.
2019-4-4
Use props
elberti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hei there -- have you lost your drone or you are tired of the sport?
2019-4-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Post #2&#3. I myself haven't got bored yet. But I also fly racers.
2019-4-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

elberti Posted at 4-4 03:32
Hei there -- have you lost your drone or you are tired of the sport?

Mate,

I have my drones, I have lost motivation...
2019-4-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum member would provide very good advice in regard to what you've felt about flying the drone. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-4
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi atlas - i think that mojo comes in waves - there have been times when i felt a bit the same then i try to find a new location or try to do new things with my drone (like flying in wind or practicing to race along dirt roads). sometimes when i feel like i do want to fly, if i am not doing anything else then i go fly anyway. i hope your mojo comes back
2019-4-4
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

I think as with many things in life, once you've invested the time in mastering the technical aspects of an interest, its down to having creative ideas to tryout and aim for as a fresh set of challenges. Try combining with another potential interest - like recording changes in the environment either seasonal or in my case just recording new building/construction works as they progress.
2019-4-4
Use props
Helldiver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604 ft

United States

have you just tried flying your drone line of sight?  just treat it like a remote control airplane and fly patterns in the sky.  
2019-4-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Time for a road trip! Pack up and go to a state park or the mountains. You'll find your mojo again.
2019-4-4
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I second Paul_IA post about plan some road trips. Being in Thailand you must have tons of old buildings and villages you could film. Even the coastline. Sometimes just watching other peoples drone videos helps me get inspired, maybe try that. Then just edit your footage and post it here and we can give you feedback on your stuff.
2019-4-4
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hurley1718 Posted at 4-4 16:20
I second Paul_IA post about plan some road trips. Being in Thailand you must have tons of old buildings and villages you could film. Even the coastline. Sometimes just watching other peoples drone videos helps me get inspired, maybe try that. Then just edit your footage and post it here and we can give you feedback on your stuff.

Thanks mate.

You would be right but the smog in the last couple of months has been so bad.... I even jumped off a boat in the middle of a 7 day island cruise it was that bad...
2019-4-7
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Thanks all,

Hopefully the skies will clear and I will go for a fly.
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules