Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Drone sighted at the White House
942 5 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/w ... ted-nearby-31564191

I guess the word isn't getting out that all UAV flight within a 15.5 mile radius of the White House is now illegal. Whomever is responsible may or may not get caught, but if these events keep up you can kiss UAV flight goodbye.

The weight of the law is coming, don't let it happen to you.

2015-6-6
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

You can't fix stupid...
2015-6-6
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

Spankybear Posted at 2015-6-6 23:44
You can't fix stupid...

Actually, in this case, you can fix stupid, would be enough to install GSM/WiFi/Bluetooth/GNSS jammers with highly directional antennas around the White House gardens, that would solve the issue forever, and the President of USA would have cheap drone bodies to play with, it is a win - win scenario
2015-6-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

isaache Posted at 2015-6-7 02:45
Actually, in this case, you can fix stupid, would be enough to install GSM/WiFi/Bluetooth/GNSS jam ...

Jammers are a great idea, with a slight problem. How do you communicate with the SS security forces that patrol the perimeter of the White House? Then you have a small problem of disrupting most of the civilian cell phone service as well as phones used by the multiple law enforcement agencies.

I previously posted that NASA and Verizon were teaming up to develop a method of recognition of UAV's based on cell towers and the radio signals both generated and received. Some have opined that it's a way to clear airspace for commercial UAV traffic. Either way, technology put the UAV in the air and technology can bring it down.  
2015-6-6
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-7 02:59
Jammers are a great idea, with a slight problem. How do you communicate with the SS security force ...

Hi Gregg1r,

If you read my post you will see that I said "(...)GSM/WiFi/Bluetooth/GNSS jammers with highly directional antennas(...)", maybe I should have pointed out with the "antennas pointed upwards", only aerial vehicles would be affected, all the other services would be operational except at a few meters from the radiating element.

Isaac
2015-6-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

isaache Posted at 2015-6-7 04:33
Hi Gregg1r,

If you read my post you will see that I said "(...)GSM/WiFi/Bluetooth/GNSS jammers wi ...

Hi Issac,
  I did read your post. And I read highly directional. The problem is that the area of the White House has open spaces that if one were flying 8-10 feet off the ground, a UAV would be hard to block. A casual flier, no problem once they are spotted, it's just getting the UAV spotted.

Bluetooth isn't very powerful which is why it's used for wireless mice, keyboards and hands free devises. Other than the low powered devises for the hands free ear buds, there should be no legitimate use for anything that I can think of in either 2.485 or 5.8ghz range in that area. Then you have to block the old 72mhz frequency for older remotes.
2015-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules