3496 20 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

On Thursday one of our aircraft, a Mavic 2 Pro fell from the sky less than 1 minute into it's flight.  Fully charged battery and no impact with any obstacles.  Not sure what happened, I took off, hovered for a few seconds and then switched to sport mode and flew forward and up approximately 500' away and 200' up.  I started making a gentle left turn and it began to tumble, lost connection and fell to the ground landing on a road behind my neighborhood.  The drone was recovered intact and is packed up and in transit back to DJI for analysis.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I had this happen to an inspire 1 back when they were on the firmware that caused several people to have aircraft drop from the sky, but  otherwise i've had great experience with DJI uav's.
2019-4-6
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh and here's the case if anyone from DJI want's to look into it.  I have synced my flight logs and the email associated with my account is the same i'm posting from here: CAS-2895658-D1V7Q0
2019-4-6
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that
2019-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Was the battery clipped in properly, I have heard of some M2 batteries not been clipped in fully, you must hear 2 clicks when you put the battery in else it can get loose especially in sports mode
2019-4-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear of your incident!  Would you mind posting your log here?  Probably not much useful info if it was the battery, but couldn't be a bad idea to take a look anyway...  Also, were you recording video at the time it occurred?  If so, do you have the cache file from your phone you could share?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2019-4-6
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Unfortunately, there have been more than a few reports on this forum of M2Ps falling out of the sky. Part of the reason I'm holding off upgrading until DJI figures out why this is happening. DJI had the same problem with the Matrice 200 series as well and many police departments grounded them until DJI came out with a fix over a year later. Hopefully it won't take that long for DJI to address this issue.
2019-4-7
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys, thank you all for the replies!  I was not running video at the time, the battery was definitely clipped in properly.  What's easiest way to share the log file?  I have the flight log on one of my iPads.
2019-4-8
Use props
Paolinik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1441493 ft
Italy

Something like that happened to me too.

On march 22nd, 2.11 minutes after takeoff dji go 4 app has frozen and RC displayed a 'system error' message (or something like that) and the Mavic has fallen down to the ground like it was turned off. When the crash happened I was recording... I watched the video but it simply stopped in the exact moment the mavic has fallen.
Even the records showed nothing abnormal..

I've sent my M2Z to DJI and today UPS is going to deliver my replaced one (it has been replaced by warranty because the crash happened because of a system error)

I know at least other 3 people who crashed like this  (and I heard about other similar crashes happened to people I don't know).

I think this kind of issues is really too frequent... statistically speaking I've heard too much cases and now I'm really concerned this issue could happen to me again

Greetings from Italy
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scary moment - sorry to red that. Hope you get back in the air soon.
2019-4-9
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

yes happened to me to, sent the drone back DJI blamed me and charged me £99, my mavic 2 zoom took off to about a metre lost power and fell on to some sharp gravel, the flight record has no data after loss of power, this is very interesting because i told DJI Europe it was not a pilot error,  i am going to reopen my case now that i know this information , thank you
2019-4-10
Use props
djiuser_4zqrLbD3cWqC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United Kingdom

You guys are lucky, mine failed and dropped into a lake. So I can’t send it back until I have it recovered. It was only a few weeks old and had only been flown maybe 6 or 7 times. I’ve been offered a 30% discount token to buy another which is pretty lame. They say there is no log of what happened as the log just ends at point when it splashed into the lake. Either it hadnt time to transmit the log before it splashed or something electronically failed and it couldn’t send the log.
Just hoping the diver coming can recover it
2019-4-15
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Paolinik Posted at 4-8 23:13

On march 22nd, 2.11 minutes after takeoff dji go 4 app has frozen and RC displayed a 'system error' message (or something like that) and the Mavic has fallen down to the ground like it was turned off. When the crash happened I was recording... I watched the video but it simply stopped in the exact moment the mavic has fallen.
You mention statistics. Whilst I am sorry to hear of your incident (and anyone that has gone through the same) do you have the exact figures of confirmed/proven malfunctioning of similar incidents (as opposed to forum posts that are inconclusive or not yet been evaluated by DJI)?

Also, do you have figures of M2's sold worldwide so that the above (proven) malfunctioning incidents can be integrated in statistics?

I am saying this as it is entirely possible that a drone technically malfunctions but I am slightly sceptical that this is a wide spread occurance unless thousands of M2's fall out of the sky ... which they dont unless folks just don't report it on here. Everyone I know with a Mavic is on this forum and a registered user so I would probably count out that last possibility.

Genuinely interested in real figures as outlined above as this could potentially afflict many, including me but I need more firm proof before I ground my drone and potentially contact DJI for a recall.
2019-4-15
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

TravisSRT Posted at 4-8 06:41
Hey Guys, thank you all for the replies!  I was not running video at the time, the battery was definitely clipped in properly.  What's easiest way to share the log file?  I have the flight log on one of my iPads.

Travis, if you get a chance, post the log from the flight. There are some forum members here that are really good at analyzing logs and they might be able to shed some light on the issue. If you need some help on how to do that, just let us know.

Hopefully DJI will get enough reports of this happening and address the problem in the near future.
2019-4-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

Please keep us posted on this issue.  This is definitely concerning.
2019-4-17
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys, wanted to update you.  DJI Never told me the cause but replaced it under warranty..  And the one they sent me as a replacement has a bad gimbal so i'm about to call them now to start the return process for it.....
2019-4-29
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

TravisSRT Posted at 4-29 10:38
Hey Guys, wanted to update you.  DJI Never told me the cause but replaced it under warranty..  And the one they sent me as a replacement has a bad gimbal so i'm about to call them now to start the return process for it.....

This is discouraging to me and I'm only reading your story. I can only imagine how you must feel. I just got a brand new Mavic Pro and I'm getting knot5s in my stomach reading these reports. The last thing that any of us needs is for our machine to fall from the sky and hit someone or cause someone to have an accident.
2019-4-29
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Buying a brand new drone, having problems, send it back for inspection, and get a refurbished one in return for the one you paid full price for? No one beats Dji with that deal
2019-4-29
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bummer, sorry to hear about that makes me think that while you pre-safety check your drone prior to departure, really when accidents like these happen it really comes down to the electronics.
2019-4-29
Use props
djiuser_iKskqs8XvSU3
New
Italy

Paolinik Posted at 2019-4-8 23:13

Ciao, ho avuto lo stesso problema con il mio Mavic 2 pro, oggi è l’undicesimo volo da quando l’ho acquistato, ad un tratto si è spento senza nessun preavviso e la batteria è nuovissima, cosa posso fare? Grazie
2020-3-14
Use props
djiuser_iKskqs8XvSU3
New
Italy

Paolinik Posted at 2019-4-8 23:13

Ciao, ho avuto lo stesso problema con il mio Mavic 2 pro, oggi è l’undicesimo volo da quando l’ho acquistato, ad un tratto si è spento senza nessun preavviso e la batteria è nuovissima, cosa posso fare? Grazie
2020-3-14
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear, that happened to my mavic pro long sometime ago, one of the props broke mid air about 200' up and good thing it landed on a thick sage brush.
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules