Warranty RC for Mavic pro arrived back.... broken.
1330 6 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25249 ft
Australia

Very disappointed by DJI.

Sent off a broken RC (USB port was all busted up), paid for a replacement RC, paid the $90 or so bucks.
Arrived in the mail, took me a few weeks to get around to using it. Assumed it would work fine, since you know , its from warranty.

Tried to connect to my aircraft - but it wouldnt connect. Followed all the steps, nothing. The app message 'searching for aircraft' wouldnt show up from the "Link controller" button. Updated firmware, still didn't work and matters got much worse.

Ran DJI assistant to upgrade firmware. Wouldnt connect to aircraft or RC. Finally, it connects to the RC after hours of this.
Ran the update to latest version on RC. Watch it closely. It gets to a 100% and then disconnects itself.
The RC now only turns on to show Connecting for 2 seconds and then shuts itself off. It still shows the battery level if power is pressed.
So basically the RC is now bricked.

Had big boating trip lined up tomorrow early morning for getting some shipwreck footage. Totally wasted after spending 8hrs trying to get controller to work.  

Tried online support, which used to give real time help. But now only does so in strict business hours.

Cant reply to the emails from DJI and the case is closed on my warranty. Very poor customer service.
2019-4-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would leave RC charging until showing fully charged and then try update again either via DJI Assistant 2, or via the DJI Go 4 App'.

Reason being that if battery is below 50% then updates are aborted, or at least that's how it is for the aircraft updates. I would imagine it would be similar for RC update.
2019-4-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Flying High Bro, I am sorry to hear your difficulties, it must be frustrated for you. Could you please try to charge the RC to full and try to power on again? When powering on the RC, please make sure that the procedure is short press once and press again and hold on for a few seconds. If it is able to be powered on, please kindly connect the RC and mobile device and check the current firmware of the RC, if it is not v01.04.0500, please try to update the RC again.
If the RC is still unable to start up, if it is convenient, please kindly provide us with a video of the case for further confirmation. Look forward to your reply.
2019-4-6
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

Snapped my transmitters antenna

DJI Thor Posted at 4-6 19:33
Flying High Bro, I am sorry to hear your difficulties, it must be frustrated for you. Could you please try to charge the RC to full and try to power on again? When powering on the RC, please make sure that the procedure is short press once and press again and hold on for a few seconds. If it is able to be powered on, please kindly connect the RC and mobile device and check the current firmware of the RC, if it is not v01.04.0500, please try to update the RC again.
If the RC is still unable to start up, if it is convenient, please kindly provide us with a video of the case for further confirmation. Look forward to your reply.

Hi,
I would love to follow your instructions but I literally cant.

When the RC is turned on, it flashes: connecting  for 2 seconds.
and then turns itself off.
I can press the power button once, and it shows battery is 100%.
If I turn it back on, it turns itself off after 2 seconds.

I cannot use DJI assistant anymore, because the controller wont stay turned on.

This siutation happened, after I upgraded the firmware to the latest version from DJI assistant. Now it is stuck in this state where it will not stay turned on ever since after DJI upgrade.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Flying High Bro Posted at 4-8 04:35
Hi,
I would love to follow your instructions but I literally cant.

I am so sorry for the situation. If it is not able to turn on, you may need to send in again. Please kindly contact our support to start a case again, once you get the case number, please kindly provide it to me, I will keep an eye on it.
2019-4-8
Use props
Flying High Bro
lvl.1
Australia

Snapped my transmitters antenna

DJI Thor Posted at 4-8 18:55
I am so sorry for the situation. If it is not able to turn on, you may need to send in again. Please kindly contact our support to start a case again, once you get the case number, please kindly provide it to me, I will keep an eye on it.

Yeah, I think it's bricked. Please see video. https://photos.app.goo.gl/vB9XgLKpcMC8fkiz8
It turns on and then turns itself off after 2 seconds every time. Whether the drone is turned on and trying to connect or not, it still goes out after 2 seconds.
This only started after the firmware upgrade to the latest version.
And that was only done because it would not link to the AC.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Flying High Bro Posted at 4-9 18:26
Yeah, I think it's bricked. Please see video. https://photos.app.goo.gl/vB9XgLKpcMC8fkiz8
It turns on and then turns itself off after 2 seconds every time. Whether the drone is turned on and trying to connect or not, it still goes out after 2 seconds.
This only started after the firmware upgrade to the latest version.

I am terribly sorry about this. Please kindly send in the controller again. May I know if you had started the new case? If so, please kindly provide me with the new case number.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules